ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Urban Meyer having chest pains
Bewbies 09:44 AM 08-01-2018
Chest pains report unconfirmed following this report.

Text messages I have obtained, an exclusive interview w/the victim & other information I have learned shows Ohio State coach Urban Meyer knew in 2015 of domestic abuse allegations against a member of his coaching staff despite his denial last week https://t.co/fcxi8GKyeI

— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 1, 2018

He's trending on twitter, and most everyone is taking the under as to if he makes it to kickoff for the 2018 season now. :-)
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:20 AM 08-23-2018
I'm assuming the memory lapses occur only with non-football issues. When players line up, he's sharp as a tack.

Funny how the brain works. There's still so much about it we don't understand.
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:21 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by loochy:
How is it going to bite them? It's not going to bite them. Football season will start, the winning will start, and all will be forgotten.
Posted via Mobile Device
You think this is a one time thing? Meyer fouled out, got away with it, with 2 on, you think he’s gonna take the next pitch?

You think he doesn’t learn he can lie at will there?
[Reply]
loochy 11:23 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
You think this is a one time thing? Meyer fouled out, got away with it, with 2 on, you think he’s gonna take the next pitch?

You think he doesn’t learn he can lie at will there?
Sure he can lie at will. He's a big time college coach at a winning program. That's why nothing will happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:47 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I wouldn't allow players convicted of domestic violence to continue playing. Now as to the 'alleged but not convicted' I really don't think you can punish a player there. But here's where Meyer's own words kill him - he has ACKNOWLEDGED that he knew that Smith abused his wife.

He friggen admitted it. This isn't a situation where he said "I talked to Zach, he assured me the allegations were false and I made a mistake in trusting him..." Nope, he openly acknowledged that Smith was doing this stuff and he was aware of it.

So of course this is a conversation about ethics rather than NCAA sanctions - it always was and always should have been. And of course Ohio State, a program willing to hire a shady piece of shit like Meyer to begin with - failed said test.

That's precisely my point. That's why I don't limit my animosity to Smith or Meyer. The whole university deserves scorn, all the way to the players that choose to play for him and their families. They are emboldening Meyer to be the kind of nefarious pile of excrement that I used to think only existed in lousy sports movies and Lifetime dramas.
That's fine. If anyone thinks shadiness is a means to win in cfb, and that Meyer has a history of it... Yes. Ohio state lost any right to preach about integrity. But I don't understand the full blown outrage. There wasn't even close to this much outrage over how stoops handled the Mixon situation, and that was much worse. Arguably Mixon himself didn't even get this type of attention.

And to be clear... Meyer knew about the abuse accusation. Seeing that her own mom doesn't trust her accusation, it's hard to know if Meyer didn't take it seriously, or if he didn't entirely trust the accusation either. I know abuse is abuse, but

To me, you have to be scummy and dirty to win in cfb. This if anything is small potatoes compared to all of that.
[Reply]
El Jefe 11:52 AM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I'm surprised Gene Smith survived this. I imagine the clock is ticking for him.

I think its hysterical that all the outrage is going towards Urban Meyer, I cannot believe Smith wasn't fired. In all honesty I wouldn't give a crap if they fired all 3 of them Drake included, I find it hard to believe he didn't know what was going on.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:59 AM 08-23-2018
My biggest issue with Urban Meyer is it's one thing to be a smarmy douche that wins games. It's another to be a smarmy douche that acts like he's a a holier than thou righteous man that is a man of faith and all that fuckin bullshit.

This guy has no integrity but acts like he is the bastion of it.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:36 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You don't want meyer teaching young players....for three weeks I guess?

No, a suspension doesn't 'pretty much cover that'. And while OSU may have found the legal cover they desperately wanted to find anyway to avoid firing a guy who won football games, that's ALL this is about. Meyer is human garbage who's demonstrated a damn near 20 year track record of being an absolute shit human being.

OSU valued winning football games over having a halfway decent human being running their football team. That's it, that's what it comes down to.

OSU and anyone that voluntarily chooses to associate with it makes their priorities quite clear.
This was always going to be about business. They made the best business decision.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 01:10 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
My biggest issue with Urban Meyer is it's one thing to be a smarmy douche that wins games. It's another to be a smarmy douche that acts like he's a a holier than thou righteous man that is a man of faith and all that ****in bullshit.

This guy has no integrity but acts like he is the bastion of it.
I've always said he's the biggest phony in college sports, and that's saying something.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:16 PM 08-23-2018
Of the 121 people on Meyer's 2008 team, 41 have been arrested at some point. Yeah, a lot of those are typical college vs tickets like underage drinking, but he has had multiple violent criminals play for him, including the most prolific murderer in the history of football.

Look at the body of his work (whose arrests have continued at similar rates since going to Columbus), and you'll find no bigger scumbag this side of Art Briles.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:18 PM 08-23-2018
https://twitter.com/michiganinsider/...453698/photo/1
[Reply]
Setsuna 07:14 PM 08-23-2018
He's always in pain when something bad is about to happen. What a clown. I'm glad he left UF.
[Reply]
ROYC75 07:18 PM 08-23-2018
Oh come on, KU will welcome him with open arms!
[Reply]
Great Expectations 07:42 PM 08-23-2018
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Oh come on, KU will welcome him with open arms!
Then the football team would be able to win a fight against the basketball team.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 07:34 AM 12-04-2018

Urban Meyer is retiring as Ohio State’s head coach. OC Ryan Day is taking over.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) December 4, 2018

[Reply]
Spott 08:03 AM 12-04-2018
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
He's always in pain when something bad is about to happen. What a clown. I'm glad he left UF.
No you’re not.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up