ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 328
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:01 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There is a distinct and troubling lack of Maarten Gasparini at 2B in this lineup.
I don't have alot of faith in that guinea.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:37 PM 05-21-2018
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
There is a distinct and troubling lack of Maarten Gasparini at 2B in this lineup.

Considering he’s been converted full-time to OF and is still struggling to hit for average at A ball...
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:42 PM 05-21-2018
Should the Royals try to pick him up

@jakemkaplan: The Astros announced tonight they released former top prospect Jon Singleton. He's currently serving an 100-game suspension and was in the last year of the five-year, $10 million extension he signed in June 2014.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 09:04 PM 05-21-2018

We suck again. pic.twitter.com/zUp31RwPhf

— Jeremy Scheuch (@jeremyscheuch) May 22, 2018

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:46 PM 05-21-2018
We’re officially back to having the worst record in all of baseball.

Now, if we can just stay on that course for the remainder of the year, secure the #1 pick and trade off a few guys before the deadline, we might be able to restock the farm system over the next couple years with some really good depth and high end talent to go along with our solid cast at A ball . . . . .
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:59 AM 05-22-2018
Remember when we were excited that the old Alex Gordon was "back"? Well, after his batting average peaked at .321 on May 8, he's gone 4 for his last 40, including 0 for his last 14.

He HAS walked 6 times (one intentional) over that span.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:10 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Remember when we were excited that the old Alex Gordon was "back"? Well, after his batting average peaked at .321 on May 8, he's gone 4 for his last 40, including 0 for his last 14.

He HAS walked 6 times (one intentional) over that span.
Bummer.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:13 AM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Considering he’s been converted full-time to OF and is still struggling to hit for average at A ball...
Hitting for average is for pussies.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:25 PM 05-22-2018
Meanwhile, Sean Manaea has given up 4 runs in each of his last four starts and is averaging only 90 mph on his fastball...

I know people (rightly) cite him as the only real piece we had to give up for Cueto and Zo, but he's yet to prove he can pitch at a consistent level through a full season of play. I wouldn't be surprised if he did - but still, it's worth keeping an eye on.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:13 PM 05-22-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Meanwhile, Sean Manaea has given up 4 runs in each of his last four starts and is averaging only 90 mph on his fastball...

I know people (rightly) cite him as the only real piece we had to give up for Cueto and Zo, but he's yet to prove he can pitch at a great level through a full season of play. I wouldn't be surprised if he did - but still, it's worth keeping an eye on.

His health issues were the biggest reason they kept Almonte instead of him, as I understand it.

They thought he’d always deal with nagging injuries.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 10:45 PM 05-23-2018
Is Nate Karns still alive?
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:08 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
You mean Nate Zimmer?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:22 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

I know people (rightly) cite him as the only real piece we had to give up for Cueto and Zo, but he's yet to prove he can pitch at a consistent level through a full season of play. I wouldn't be surprised if he did - but still, it's worth keeping an eye on.

None of the others have done anything even remotely productive.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:23 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
We’re officially back to having the worst record in all of baseball.

Now, if we can just stay on that course for the remainder of the year, secure the #1 pick and trade off a few guys before the deadline, we might be able to restock the farm system over the next couple years with some really good depth and high end talent to go along with our solid cast at A ball . . . . .

Excellent!
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:30 AM 05-24-2018
Originally Posted by thurman merman:

Next time I go to the K, I'm wearing a shirt that says, "I saw my team trade Jarrod Dyson for Nate Karns, and all I got was this lowsy T-shirt!"
[Reply]
Page 67 of 328
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up