ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 176 of 386
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:21 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Yeeah. It'd be nice if he would have realized that this is a part of the game and played it cool. I mean didn't he say to expect everything to happen? He had to expect he'd be betrayed and killed at some point. I mean come on now.
Come one man, keep it real? Its a fantasy series with dragons for chissakes.

The bad guys dont die as often as the good guys in this series. Why not have one go out like a sniveling bitch?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:57 AM 04-05-2019
Show Littlefinger is a douche and, on the surface, isn’t even all that cunning.

Literally everyone in the show just talks about how transparently sleazy he is. No one trusts him at all (outside of Lysa and Robin by extension) and they have no issues expressing as much.

I’m honestly surprised he was able to survive as long as he did.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 AM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Yeah, a piece of that storyline butchered Littlefinger's cunning nature. I would have made my peace with it had Bran not told him "chaos is a ladder" in S7E4. I know it's established that Littlefinger is skeptical of all things magic. However, being told that from Bran should have at least caused Littlefinger to investigate/probe Bran a little more (and I would have loved more of those conversations. A master bullshitter vs. a master truth-seer)

If Bran hadn't talked to him, I would have bought the shock he had at Bran calling out all of his decisions since Season 1. I could have bought him breaking down in disbelief at being shown magic at that level for the first time. But, eh. For him to have Bran repeat a line he only spoke to Varys and never inquire more about it? To me that seems very out of character.

Ah well. I didn't mind the Winterfell storyline when it came to Sansa, Arya and Bran as much as many others did. To me it was very believable to see basically a child solider with no political skills (Arya) get sucked into Littlefinger's ruse against Sansa, who had been trained in the art of distrust by the likes of Cersei and Littlefinger.
I don’t have a problem with it. He’s always had a blind spot for Catlin and by extension Sansa.

I think when Bran told him chaos is a ladder he ran to Sansa to try to keep her loyalty and she played him because of said blindspot.

Works in my head.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:27 PM 04-05-2019
Yeah, I loved the way Littlefinger got his comeuppance. One of the best scenes of the show. I don't get how anybody would have issues with it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:29 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I loved the way Littlefinger got his comeuppance. One of the best scenes of the show. I don't get how anybody would have issues with it.
Oh, I loved the scene. Seeing him die like a bitch was poetic and I look forward to reading Lady Stoneheart deliver the blow in the books.

I guess I wish a little more was done to set-up the scene. But overall it’s small potatoes, as the major players (Arya, Sansa, Bran) all had terrific moments in that storyline.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:47 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Rewatching the series now, I can’t believe I didn’t realize what a **** little finger is, all along.
Did the rewatch a while ago. Remembered how great a series it is and how boring the Danerius story scenes are.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:05 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Did the rewatch a while ago. Remembered how great a series it is and how boring the Danerius story scenes are.
season 2-3 had a lot of wasted time in the story arc’s that could have been used to put more detail in seasons 6-8 but I know that’s being picky.

This ain’t going to be a “Lost” type of ending. We have no clue who’s going to sit on the throne or who’s even going to be alive at the end. But, I have no doubt we are going to get some kind of ending to the series.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:41 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
season 2-3 had a lot of wasted time in the story arc’s that could have been used to put more detail in seasons 6-8 but I know that’s being picky.

This ain’t going to be a “Lost” type of ending. We have no clue who’s going to sit on the throne or who’s even going to be alive at the end. But, I have no doubt we are going to get some kind of ending to the series.
I think (hope) you’re right about that. But the way GRRM it wont surprise me if we get the weiner song instead.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:44 PM 04-05-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Any scene of hers that didn't have a dragon in it was so fucking boring for like four straight seasons. It's absurd.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:42 PM 04-06-2019
Feel free to compose your own narrative here

Arya and Sansa

[Reply]
Great Expectations 10:03 PM 04-06-2019
Jon Snow looks like a weakling on snl.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:48 PM 04-06-2019
He's a small dude. Probably like 5'8" 150.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:23 PM 04-06-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
He started the whole thing. It was his desire for Catlyn and being butthurt over not getting her hand in marriage that caused him to have John Arryn killed which set everything in motion.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 11:29 PM 04-06-2019
Honestly the main thing I want this season is for the Red lady to return from Esos with Lightbringer so Jon/Aegon can assume his position of Azor Ahai....and fucking dominate. (That's my prediction for her anway...she has to have some sort of purpose)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:36 AM 04-07-2019
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
Honestly the main thing I want this season is for the Red lady to return from Esos with Lightbringer so Jon/Aegon can assume his position of Azor Ahai....and fucking dominate. (That's my prediction for her anway...she has to have some sort of purpose)
Hopefully it is to get naked again. Preferably without taking that necklace thing off.

I’d be super surprised if they did an Azor Ahai proper. That is just one of many prophecies that could apply.
[Reply]
Page 176 of 386
« First < 76126166172173174175176 177178179180186226276 > Last »
Up