ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 57
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
GabyKeepsMeWarm 07:30 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
They have to keep the Royals logo-shaped scoreboard.
I'm hoping that will be a "surprise" addition to the new renderings, instead of the generic rectangle video board that is currently there. Otherwise, these are the best renderings I've seen so far. I think it'll take a good ten years for the area to really get adjusted to it, but I this is pretty great and will encourage a lot of people to spend their day and evening downtown taking in a nice walk, some shopping, sites, eating/drinking and a ballgame.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:51 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
I'm hoping that will be a "surprise" addition to the new renderings, instead of the generic rectangle video board that is currently there. Otherwise, these are the best renderings I've seen so far. I think it'll take a good ten years for the area to really get adjusted to it, but I this is pretty great and will encourage a lot of people to spend their day and evening downtown taking in a nice walk, some shopping, sites, eating/drinking and a ballgame.
It seems like the main goal with these renderings is to show how the stadium will be situated in the downtown area because the actual stadium features… especially inside the stadium… look very generic/architectural clip-art-like.

Also using the name “Royals Park” in the renderings… it’s not going to be called Kauffman Stadium?
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 09:25 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It seems like the main goal with these renderings is to show how the stadium will be situated in the downtown area because the actual stadium features… especially inside the stadium… look very generic/architectural clip-art-like.

Also using the name “Royals Park” in the renderings… it’s not going to be called Kauffman Stadium?
Yeah, agreed on much of that. Though I think it's a bit of a mistake to not have a more concrete architectural plan for the ballpark itself. I know a lot of voters would like to see those familiar fountains and crown vision before checking "yay".

I think we're likely at the end of seeing "Royals Stadium" or "Kauffman Stadium". Let the corporate bidding wars for naming rights begin! I'm guessing it'll be some version of Kauffman Field at "Insert Corporate Name" Stadium.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 02-13-2024
Looks decent enough
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:27 PM 02-13-2024
Essentially the Braves ballpark with a shit ton of Fountains.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 04:01 PM 02-13-2024
I'm not mad about that, at all.
[Reply]
srvy 04:13 PM 02-13-2024
Talk about your cancer of concrete!
[Reply]
BWillie 04:38 PM 02-13-2024
Hard to hate on the Royals right.now
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:33 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hard to hate on the Royals right.now
Unless you're the people or businesses getting displaced. Fuck Shyster Sherman and the Royals
[Reply]
Hog Rider 04:53 PM 02-13-2024
Nice spacious parking lot too.
[Reply]
ROYC75 06:25 PM 02-13-2024
Where do they park all of the cars? 2-3 miles away and get bused in?
[Reply]
BWillie 06:41 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Thats what we did when we went to a Twins game. Pretty seamless. Need to expand streetcar for it to work well
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:01 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thats what we did when we went to a Twins game. Pretty seamless. Need to expand streetcar for it to work well
Yeah the streetcars can handle about 1200 people/hr right now, it would need to be expanded quite a bit (which I completely support regardless of a stadium). The fly in the ointment though is that the streetcars alleviate parking but not traffic since they run on the same lanes as other traffic.

And expanding the strretcars is a whole ordeal in and of itself. It would be nice if they also expanded the bus service, which is abysmal in joco
[Reply]
kstater 06:46 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Same places the people going to Sprint Center park. In garages.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 07:26 PM 02-13-2024
Originally Posted by kstater:
Same places the people going to Sprint Center park. In garages.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
They will make some park and ride street car stuff and extend distance of Street Car. Bank on it.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 57
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up