DE:

Azeez Ojulari, Georgia
Jaelan Phillips, Miami
Jayson Oweh, Penn St.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:33 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

The worst part is that the Chiefs can go after any remaining signing bonus and get it back (unless he chooses to fight it) but from what I've read about other cases, that recovered money is just cash, it doesn't give us any cap relief. It's already spent, so to speak.
Well fuck. Never mind then.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:57 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Losing Schwartz will actually cost us money. The dead cap hit is almost double the savings.

I finally looked up his deal. He has a year left on his contract, with a $6M base, $3.75M prorated portion of his bonus left, and a $250k roster bonus.

So they’d be on the hook for what’s left of his bonus proration (3.75M), but what else are you projecting?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:25 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I finally looked up his deal. He has a year left on his contract, with a $6M base, $3.75M prorated portion of his bonus left, and a $250k roster bonus.

So they’d be on the hook for what’s left of his bonus proration (3.75M), but what else are you projecting?
Interesting. Those numbers on Spotrac have changed since the season ended. Somehow the opt-out year must have had a weird affect.

You are right though, the dead cap is only $3.75M. That being said, his salary is only $5M, so not saving all that much.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:03 AM 01-26-2021
Updated to add Eichenberg and Mayfield after Fisher’s injury.
[Reply]
BeMyValentine 09:42 AM 01-27-2021
Just watching casual football games Moore seems more talented than Bateman.

But I also thought Dexter McCluster looked good in college.
[Reply]
O.city 01:11 PM 01-27-2021
Take the Toney kid from Florida. Holy Shit.

There's your number 2 WR across from Tyreek.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yeah, Toney would be excellent in this offense. He's my #2 choice after Terrance Marshall Jr.
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 01:40 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

He's perfect for this team/offense, but I feel he's rising up boards and will be gone before #32.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:01 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP:
He's perfect for this team/offense, but I feel he's rising up boards and will be gone before #32.
I could see that. He's a great prospect.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:26 PM 01-27-2021
I know OL is the immediate need but it would be nice to get a guy like Carlos Basham. He could very well be Frank Clark's replacement. Dude is a beast.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:11 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
I know OL is the immediate need but it would be nice to get a guy like Carlos Basham. He could very well be Frank Clark's replacement. Dude is a beast.
Replacement?

The Chiefs need a guy opposite of Clark, not his replacement.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:23 PM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Replacement?

The Chiefs need a guy opposite of Clark, not his replacement.
Yes this. A duo is needed.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:16 PM 01-27-2021
Jaelan Phillips and Clark with Jones and Wharton inside next year on passing downs?

With this secondary?

And Willie Gay in year 2?

Yea I’m praying that no combine keeps Phillips in our range. He could have the kind of impact that puts us back in the SB next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:14 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jaelan Phillips and Clark with Jones and Wharton inside next year on passing downs?

With this secondary?

And Willie Gay in year 2?

Yea I’m praying that no combine keeps Phillips in our range. He could have the kind of impact that puts us back in the SB next year.
:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:22 AM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The Chiefs can recoup the 3.75m if he retires and have 0 dead cap.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 12
« First < 7891011 12 >
Up