ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Early 2021 Mock (3 rounds)
staylor26 09:40 PM 11-25-2020
*Chiefs get a 2021 and 2021 3rd round comp pick for Bieniemy.

1. Dylan Moses, LB, Alabama- After using a 2nd in Gay last year, the Chiefs take Moses in the 1st to pair with him and turn a position that’s been a weakness for far too long into a strength.

2. Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami- The Chiefs need to add another pass rusher with KPass and Okafor set to be going elsewhere in 2021. Phillips is a former #1 overall recruit that battled injuries at UCLA before transferring to Miami.

3. Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma St.- Wallace is a replacement for Watkins that should compliment Hill and Hardman well with his YAC ability. Like Watkins, Wallace might not be as fast as Hill/Hardman, but he is still plenty fast enough and can make big plays especially after the catch.

3. Bubba Bolden, S, Miami- another transfer to Miami, Bolden is a top HS recruit from USC and like Phillips is having a great year for the Hurricanes. I love Dirty Dan, but he’s a liability at times and the Chiefs could use another young athletic safety that gives Spags another chess piece to work with.

I know some are going to say “where’s the IOL?”, but the truth is this isn’t a very good class and unless you are willing to take one in the 1st, chances are you will be reaching for one in rounds 2-3. The Chiefs have 2 4th’s, 2 5th’s, and a 6th to work with. If they have to take 2 to hedge their bets a little, so be it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:42 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Two things:

The Chiefs don't have red zone issues, you're falling victim to recency bias when they had 2 games back to back with poor redzone luck. Overall their TD efficiency in the red zone is the same as last year (57% vs 60%)

Drafting two first round running backs when you run the ball 24 times a game is a waste.
Both are true.

But, and of course it’s long shot, it would give the Chiefs an amazing opportunity to just crush their opponents. If they added a Derrick Henry style back, which is what Harris is, their Run-to-Pass ratio would be closer to 50/50 than 70/30 and the entire offense would just explode.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:01 AM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Both are true.

But, and of course it’s long shot, it would give the Chiefs an amazing opportunity to just crush their opponents. If they added a Derrick Henry style back, which is what Harris is, their Run-to-Pass ratio would be closer to 50/50 than 70/30 and the entire offense would just explode.
It's all about the Chiefs situational awareness concerning Mahomes. The value Patrick brings makes the team building drastically different if the Chiefs had a " good" QB. Supplying resources around Patrick to protect or help him succeed is the utmost importance for the Half-Billion Dollar Man. If the Chiefs had a good QB KC would need more passrushers and LBs. Since Mahomes is a generational QB which makes WR,OL, and RB positions far more important commodities the next 12 years to secure success
[Reply]
In58men 02:11 PM 12-17-2020
Are we in on WR Chris Olave @ 32?
[Reply]
staylor26 06:32 PM 12-17-2020
Originally Posted by In58men:
Are we in on WR Chris Olave @ 32?
Yes. He’d be in my top 10 or so.
[Reply]
In58men 10:23 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yes. He’d be in my top 10 or so.
Looks like he won’t be playing in the Big Ten Championship game, COVID.

Could hurt his stock a little bit.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:28 PM 12-19-2020
When you hit on 4 rookies that can start and play well on defense you really open yourself up to be able to attack some deficiencies on offense.

Wharton, Danna, Sneed and Gay were such crucial picks for us. That doesn’t even include Clyde!

Would really like to see us attack WR, DE, safety and OL in this draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:25 PM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
When you hit on 4 rookies that can start and play well on defense you really open yourself up to be able to attack some deficiencies on offense.

Wharton, Danna, Sneed and Gay were such crucial picks for us. That doesn’t even include Clyde!

Would really like to see us attack WR, DE, safety and OL in this draft.

Yeah, fortunately it’s a deep draft for WR and OL, so they can focus on DE with their first pick. I think they can afford to swing for an upside guy who may need some development time (Jayson Oweh, Jaelan Phillips) at the end of the first.

Both those guys jump off the screen when you watch them. Crazy athletic.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:27 PM 12-19-2020
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

Originally Posted by :
26. OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech

27. OG Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC

28. RB Najee Harris, Alabama

29. WR Chris Olave, Ohio State

30. TE Pat Freiermuth, Penn State

31. OT Alex Leatherwood, Alabama

32. OT Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...UM&share=other

That looks pretty damn awesome if this turns out this way. 3 tackles and 2 nice receiving weapons.

Sounds like we’ll have lots of quality options
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:50 PM 12-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Even with CEH I wonder if KC's planning to draft a bruiser RB like Javonte Williams or Najee Harris if they're available in the 1st -3rd rounds
Yep we're looking at Lavonte and Najee Harris due to CEH's injury
[Reply]
In58men 08:52 AM 12-21-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...UM&share=other

That looks pretty damn awesome if this turns out this way. 3 tackles and 2 nice receiving weapons.

Sounds like we’ll have lots of quality options
This draft class is very deep @ OT. I’d be surprised if we went that high, I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I still like Chris Olave @ 32. Gotta do something with Robinson or Hardman.
[Reply]
Riflemen 02:52 PM 12-21-2020
I was not impressed with Dylan Moses in the SEC Championship. I really wanted to like him but he was abused in pass coverage. It was bad...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:50 AM 12-22-2020
I just don't see drafting another RB in the first.

The Chiefs' redzone issues are an offensive line problem. I mean, we have the problem with CEH and Le'Veon Bell for fuck's sake. Wouldn't you think that RB isn't the problem?

Not saying we need an OL in the first, but I really think a DE, LB, or WR would be positions in which we could go, with the WR spot being more of a re-stocking situation.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:30 AM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just don't see drafting another RB in the first.

The Chiefs' redzone issues are an offensive line problem. I mean, we have the problem with CEH and Le'Veon Bell for fuck's sake. Wouldn't you think that RB isn't the problem?

Not saying we need an OL in the first, but I really think a DE, LB, or WR would be positions in which we could go, with the WR spot being more of a re-stocking situation.
Bell won't be around next season as I said Damien is an average 29 years old who has horrible contact balance. Damien will be on a contract year, and will want be paid, Darrel is JAG who'll be a RFA this offseason. Then there's Thompson who sucks.

Najee Harris and Javonte Williams will be a part of the interview process and targets in rounds 1-3
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:15 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Bell won't be around next season as I said Damien is an average 29 years old who has horrible contact balance. Damien will be on a contract year, and will want be paid, Darrel is JAG who'll be a RFA this offseason. Then there's Thompson who sucks.

Najee Harris and Javonte Williams will be a part of the interview process and targets in rounds 1-3
Perhaps, but probably a minuscule chance they take either. They’ll add RB competition in rd 4 or 5
[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by Riflemen:
I was not impressed with Dylan Moses in the SEC Championship. I really wanted to like him but he was abused in pass coverage. It was bad...
Yea I’m out on Moses in the 1st. He will not be the pick in my next mock, which should be done by the end of the day.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up