ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 162
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:12 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Hate to break it to you n00bs, but I haven't been hiding nor am I a troll.
Yeah, we are not talking about you.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 03:19 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, we are not talking about you.
Okay! :-)

It's been a long time since I've thrown the n00bs comment out though... thanks for the opportunity! :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:44 PM 12-18-2020
Okay! :-)

It's been a long time since I've thrown the n00bs comment out though... thanks for the opportunity! :-)
I'm relatively new. Been here since right after Mahomes got drafted.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:22 PM 12-18-2020
I obviously don't know the guy, but I think it's because we're living in the moment. FINALLY, after DECADES of mismanagement and clowns running the show... we're actually seeing positive progress. It's exciting for us to "be in the hunt" past the middle of October.

It's certainly nice for your team to be in the conversation for sure, but don't forget that everything is a process.

It wasn't so long ago that the Chiefs had their own playoff futility streak....and there are still some here that are gun-shy even today after what we went through last year.....
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:25 PM 12-18-2020
Technically a noob.....I'd lurked on this board since the old Star days....

Finally started posting when I wanted to meet some guys at the Jax game last year.....

So noob away....I'm OK wearing the title, doesn't bother me in the least lol!
[Reply]
Azide22 04:36 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Like I said earlier, that article is wrong. It hasn't happened once since 2012, so it definitely hasn't happened close to 10 times in the past decade.

And looking at that graphic, I can't see any 10 year period where ten 3-6 seeds made the SB.

If the article was written in 2015, that captures 7/12 to ever do it... so at least that's 35% of 3-6 seeds in that 10 year span. And that's 7 out of 80 total teams.

But, when you have 3 AFC QBs make 15/16 SBs prior to Mahomes, it certainly doesn't speak to any level of parity... it's like when the Chiefs had Alex Smith (and no, I'm not saying Allen is Alex Smith...) and would point to Flacco. Yeah, that one time.
I show it as 9 of the 40 SuperBowl teams since Y2K. Interesting that 7 of the 9 won the SuperBowl too. Also interesting that at least one bye team was in each SuperBowl of the 20.

The bye was a big deal, but of course, they were the better teams too.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 04:53 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
It's certainly nice for your team to be in the conversation for sure, but don't forget that everything is a process.

It wasn't so long ago that the Chiefs had their own playoff futility streak....and there are still some here that are gun-shy even today after what we went through last year.....
"Trust The Process", I hated that phrase for the last three years lol. Now, that I can really see that the process has made progress... I'm happy.

The Bills have exceeded my initial expectations this season (not just record, but overall performance) - so I'll remain happy as long they don't fold like a cheap table for these last few games. .
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:59 PM 12-18-2020
"Trust The Process", I hated that phrase for the last three years lol. Now, that I can really see that the process has made progress... I'm happy.

The Bills have exceeded my initial expectations this season (not just record, but overall performance) - so I'll remain happy as long they don't fold like a cheap table for these last few games. .
Not to burst bubbles or anything, but there's no team out that would love nothing better than to knock of the "high profile" team.....and right now, the Bills are that team

We're going to get to see how they play when the target is on their back....and I would have given the Donks a decent chance to hang around that game, except they basically lost all of their viable corners....

But Pats and Fish sure will hang around with them....
[Reply]
diqlix 05:13 PM 12-18-2020
Lol.....I was thinking the same thing

the one Bills guy was like "I wouldn't bet on the Ravens in the playoffs at all...." as if the Bills had won a playoff game since December 1995....

I mean, his point is dead on, but they talk like it hasn't been 25 years.....
Do you think what happened in the past has an affect on what happens this year?
[Reply]
diqlix 05:14 PM 12-18-2020
Wow. I’m your elder.
[Reply]
diqlix 05:15 PM 12-18-2020
Yeah, you would think they would wait until AFTER they won their first playoff game in 25 years to come here like this but no..

They want in early!

:-)
Talk like what?
[Reply]
Cntrygal 05:25 PM 12-18-2020
Not to burst bubbles or anything, but there's no team out that would love nothing better than to knock of the "high profile" team.....and right now, the Bills are that team

We're going to get to see how they play when the target is on their back....and I would have given the Donks a decent chance to hang around that game, except they basically lost all of their viable corners....

But Pats and Fish sure will hang around with them....
Very true. And for decades, I've come to expect the complete meltdown. It's difficult to get over expecting to be letdown, EVERY.SINGLE.WEEK. As cliché as it sounds, these guys are coming together as a team and damn it's exciting.

(disclaimer: For those just checking in. Yes, I realize that the Bills are not a complete team, and that the Chiefs are probably the most complete team that I can ever remember seeing in the decades of my football viewing)
[Reply]
scho63 10:47 PM 12-18-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And just to make everything right in the world, we need the correct graphic.

Who would have ever guess that Peyton Manning had a 5 head in Indy but grew to a giant 10 head in Denver! That thing is Cro-Magnon man!
That thing is huge!

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:31 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by daquix:
Do you think what happened in the past has an affect on what happens this year?
in regards to football outcomes, no

in regards to human psychology....absolutely

Do I think the Bills don't win the Super Bowl because they haven't won a playoff game for 25 years....no, absolutely no bearing

Do I think the Bills don't win the Super Bowl because this collection of players haven't been mentally tested in that fashion to do so yet....absolutely, hence the reason I say "they are probably a year away...."

At the end of the day, this most recent core collection of Bills players need experience that you can't get in one regular season....we've seen it time and time again in the playoffs where very good teams look completely lost when the elimination games start....
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:25 AM 12-19-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Who would have ever guess that Peyton Manning had a 5 head in Indy but grew to a giant 10 head in Denver! That thing is Cro-Magnon man!
That thing is huge!

:-):-):-)
Also find it sus that Tom Brady never ages.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 162
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139 > Last »
Up