ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 341
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 06:59 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
For my next build I'm looking to create something with more range. From what I've read, it should be between the 6.8SPC and the 6.5 Grendel. Does anyone here have experience with either?
If your goal is to hit a 2x2 foot target out to 500-600 yards, the 6.5 Grendel will do fine. If you want a decent hunting round to 300, the 6.8SPC will work.

If you want to reach 800-1200 yards and shoot the dick off a fly, go with a 6.5 Creedmoor.

Most 6.5 Creeds will be heavier, though, so if you want a smaller, lighter package that can kill to 700 go Grendel.

I would go 6.5 Creed if you want extreme precision and don't mind the weight, but then again I am a long range shooter. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:05 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You won't regret it.

He's a one man operation, though - goes home at night and doesn't work during the holidays.

I've never used gunbroker, although if I can't find any takers for the two I'm getting ready to sell, I may use them for that.

What are you getting ready to sell?

And welcome back. :-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:18 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
For my next build I'm looking to create something with more range. From what I've read, it should be between the 6.8SPC and the 6.5 Grendel. Does anyone here have experience with either?
6.5 Creedmoor..all day for long range

I got the Grendel and Creedmoor..500-700 yard not much difference for me..getting out further than that the Creedmoor
[Reply]
Frazod 07:23 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
What are you getting ready to sell?

And welcome back. :-)
Thanks.

I'm selling my Springfield XDm 3.8" and my S&W M&P 9c.
[Reply]
notorious 07:25 PM 02-06-2017
Trying to move hot guns again Fraz?

Just bury them with the body next time.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:37 PM 02-06-2017
Thanks.

I'm selling my Springfield XDm 3.8" and my S&W M&P 9c.
Meh, nevermind. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:39 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Trying to move hot guns again Fraz?

Just bury them with the body next time.
Greed leads to stupidity. He's bound to get nailed for killing that toaster and microwave.
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 PM 02-06-2017
Greed leads to stupidity. He's bound to get nailed for killing that toaster and microwave.
They should have seen the writing on the wall after the refrigerator "accident".
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:47 PM 02-06-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
They should have seen the writing on the wall after the refrigerator "accident".
Yep. And now Chicago's appliance murder rate is the worst in the nation.

#ElectricalLivesMatter
[Reply]
Frazod 08:12 PM 02-06-2017

[Reply]
Frazod 08:13 PM 02-06-2017
Meh, nevermind. :-)
I understand. They're good guns, but I'm moving away from polymer.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:20 PM 02-06-2017
I understand. They're good guns, but I'm moving away from polymer.
That is lower on my list of reasons I'm not interested. I do not like the longer trigger pull that comes with every DAO handgun I have owned or fired. I also do not prefer the smaller calibers. Though if I'm not planning on using a firearm for carry purposes it is less of an issue for me.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:31 PM 02-06-2017
That is lower on my list of reasons I'm not interested. I do not like the longer trigger pull that comes with every DAO handgun I have owned or fired. I also do not prefer the smaller calibers. Though if I'm not planning on using a firearm for carry purposes it is less of an issue for me.
These have both been worked on by my gunsmith. The XDm in particular has a much better trigger pull now. But not as good as that CZ.

As far as caliber, I'm more concerned with capacity, and that's a direct reflection of the places I go. I work in the heart of Chicago, and pass through a major transportation hub twice a day; far more likely I'll run into trouble there than a local convenience store. And if I do, 15-17 rounds is better than 8 or 9.
[Reply]
notorious 08:36 PM 02-06-2017
These have both been worked on by my gunsmith. The XDm in particular has a much better trigger pull now. But not as good as that CZ.

As far as caliber, I'm more concerned with capacity, and that's a direct reflection of the places I go. I work in the heart of Chicago, and pass through a major transportation hub twice a day; far more likely I'll run into trouble there than a local convenience store. And if I do, 15-17 rounds is better than 8 or 9.
Gasp.

They allow that large of a mag in Chicago!?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:37 PM 02-06-2017

Extra mags FTW.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 341
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up