ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 176
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Offseason Repository ***
duncan_idaho 08:24 PM 11-17-2017
It's the end of the world as we know it... and we feel... fine?

2018 is a season of transition for the Royals, or at least it is at this point. Dayton Moore is back. Will he swing full into THE PROCESS 2.0? Or will he try to load up again and make some reload magic happen?

Pending Free Agents:
1B | Eric Hosmer | San Diego Padres, 8 years, $144 million ($5 million signing bonus; $20 million/year in Yrs 1-5; $13 million/year in Yrs 6-8 wth player opt out)
Spoiler!

3B | Mike Moustaskas | Kansas City Royas, 1, $6.5 million
Spoiler!

CF | Lorenzo Cain | Milwaukee Brewers, 5 years, $80 million
Spoiler!

RP | Mike Minor | Texas Rangers, 3, $28 million
Spoiler!

SP | Jason Vargas | New York Mets, 2, $16 million
Spoiler!

SS | Alcides Escobar | Kansas City Royals, 1, $2.5 million
Spoiler!

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

Comp picks explanation:
Spoiler!

2018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:12 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
If he wanted to visit Ned he could have. There is no excuse
Or atleast text him back...don't see how that hurts anything.just odd idk
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 AM 02-19-2018
Think about any of Eric Hosmer's clutch moments at the plate.

Mike Sweeney would have popped out to short.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:39 AM 02-19-2018
Saying Hosmer having more clutch moments in the postseason games is not disregarding Brett's career at all.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:05 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Saying Hosmer having more clutch moments in the postseason games is not disregarding Brett's career at all.

I think Brett had more premium moments. The HR off of Gossage, the defensive play against the Blue Jays that saved that series, the 3-HR game, the whole series against the Blue Jays...

Brett has a career postseason OPs .300 points higher than Hosmer's. Hard to argue Hosmer was a more clutch postseason player than Brett.
[Reply]
DMAC 10:55 AM 02-19-2018
I guess I'm looking forward to Huds crowd watching. That should start around mid May.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:08 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Dumb "debate". George Brett is the greatest Royal of all time. Regular season, post season, pre season, on a train, in the rain, etc, etc.

You can separate the two and still appreciate both. Hosmer had his share of memorable moments in the post season. He was a great Royal. Now, it's time for whatever the baseball version of "on to Cincinnati" is.
Agreed....I can appreciate what Hosmer brought to the team in a pivotal time.

I just think it pales in comparison to what Brett did for this franchise.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:17 AM 02-19-2018
@rustindodd: Ned Yost says Jorge Soler could see time at DH and in both corner outfield spots. Specific plan is TBD. The bigger focus is finding a way for Soler, Cheslor Cuthbert and Jorge Bonifacio to get 500-plus at-bats, Yost said.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:20 AM 02-19-2018
@jonmorosi: Significant @MLB rule change for 2018: "Mound visits without a pitching change shall be limited to six per team, per nine innings. For any extra-innings played, each Club shall be entitled to one additional non-pitching change mound visit per inning." @MLBNetwork
[Reply]
DanT 11:25 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think Brett had more premium moments. The HR off of Gossage, the defensive play against the Blue Jays that saved that series, the 3-HR game, the whole series against the Blue Jays...

Brett has a career postseason OPs .300 points higher than Hosmer's. Hard to argue Hosmer was a more clutch postseason player than Brett.
When I saw the claim that Hosmer was the better postseason player than Brett, my immediate reaction was the person making the claim must not remember Brett!

But Hosmer was also great. On one stat, Win Probability Added, Hosmer shines. In 31 postseason games, Hosmer has a median WPA of .062, with 13 games over .100 and only 6 below -0.100. Hosmer even has two game above .500, his 1st and 3rd games!

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...r01&t=b&post=1

In Brett's 43 postseason games, his median WPA was .016, with 9 games of .100 or higher (and another one just shy, at 0.0099) 6 games below -.100, and a high WPA of .485, the famous game 3 of the 1985 ALCS. Note that WPA does not capture the spectacular defensive play by Brett in that game.

Nevertheless, though I would take Brett over Hosmer, I love Hosmer, too, and can appreciate why we feel he was so clutch. The WPA batting stat captures some of that.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 11:25 AM 02-19-2018
Looks like Moylan is about to sign with the Braves. He did well for the Royals last year but with the rebuild, the Royals don't need a 39 year old bullpen arm. I wish him well.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mlb...200892349.html
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:33 AM 02-19-2018

Amen....
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:48 AM 02-19-2018

Finally. A respected voice reaffirms the truth.
[Reply]
Bufkin 11:54 AM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Sweeney was a roid hog. He def did them.

I don't hate Sweeney, nor is he obligated to return his contract. But he deserves zero praise after turning into a giant pumpkin.
You have less than zero evidence that Sweeney took one performance enhancing drug. And don’t come in here with some circumstantial nonsense that a freshman law student would tear apart in a court of law. Give me something admissible.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:59 AM 02-19-2018

You forgot the one that started it all: Brett's game-tying 3-run HR off Grant Jackson in the 8th inning of Game 5 of the 1976 ALCS.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:23 PM 02-19-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
No, but it's really stupid.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 176
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120160 > Last »
Up