ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 173
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 10:56 AM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I wonder if the Avastin played a part in me passing more blood in the crapper and also if that was why they took out more of my colon than I was initially told. Of course, to cover their asses, I would never get the truth if it was the case.
Very convenient for them if that is the case.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:58 AM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
I has jealous. Would LOVE to go to Scotland.
For 300 dollars or less, I can take the flight from Aalborg to Amsterdam or London, then to Edinburgh. I am thinking of staying there for 3 nights, taking the train up to Loch Ness and staying there 3 nights, then back to Edinburgh to catch the plane back to Aalborg.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:26 AM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
For 300 dollars or less, I can take the flight from Aalborg to Amsterdam or London, then to Edinburgh. I am thinking of staying there for 3 nights, taking the train up to Loch Ness and staying there 3 nights, then back to Edinburgh to catch the plane back to Aalborg.
Spring or fall?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 11:43 AM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams:
Spring or fall?
I usually go at the end of April or first of May and stay into June. I'd do the Scotland trip in May, first week most likely.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:45 AM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I usually go at the end of April or first of May and stay into June. I'd do the Scotland trip in May, first week most likely.
Livin' the dream.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:10 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I wonder if the Avastin played a part in me passing more blood in the crapper and also if that was why they took out more of my colon than I was initially told. Of course, to cover their asses, I would never get the truth if it was the case.
Apparently I was literally on fire during a surgery and they didn't bother to tell me about it. It was noted in the surgical report, though, and my local doctor brought it to my attention several weeks later.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 06:40 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Apparently I was literally on fire during a surgery and they didn't bother to tell me about it. It was noted in the surgical report, though, and my local doctor brought it to my attention several weeks later.
:-) Holy shit! How did that happen? Lazer and oxygen?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:43 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Now I must survive until at least February 18th, because I just got 4 tickets to BLACK SABBATH on February 17th at the Sprint Center! :-)
We'll find out if God has a sense of humor... :-):-):-)
[Reply]
patteeu 07:01 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
:-) Holy shit! How did that happen? Lazer and oxygen?
It was oxygen leaking out into my chest cavity, as I understand it.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 07:27 PM 09-12-2015
You might check to see if you have grounds for a lawsuit since they set you on fire. Maybe you can't get anything out of it, but I'd want to be sure. Damn.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:29 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by patteeu:
It was oxygen leaking out into my chest cavity, as I understand it.
Gives a whole new meaning to heartburn. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 07:47 PM 09-12-2015
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
You might check to see if you have grounds for a lawsuit since they set you on fire. Maybe you can't get anything out of it, but I'd want to be sure. Damn.
Nah. They gave me life so I'm not going to quibble about it.

On a separate occasion many years ago, I had the vena cava filter installed. Somehow it ended up in my right renal vein instead. There was a potential lawsuit there too, but I guess I'm not very quick to sue. In that case, the blood clot had cleared up and I wasn't dead, so it was kind of a case of no harm, no foul.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:11 AM 09-14-2015
As I sit waiting for my CT scan, drinking my second helping of contrast in Crystal Light lemonade, it tastes just as hideous as I remembered. Feh! I just hope I get back home in time before the mudslides start.
[Reply]
threebag02 10:13 AM 09-14-2015
good luck Ed
[Reply]
srvy 10:18 AM 09-14-2015
Ed your the man you will make it outta there no problem.

Leave the pant shitting for the KC Royals.
[Reply]
Page 50 of 173
« First < 404647484950 5152535460100150 > Last »
Up