ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 147 of 3903
« First < 4797137143144145146147 1481491501511571972476471147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Agreed. But that's with any virus. And as many medical professionals are saying, many people will contract the virus and not even know it. Just like the flu.
I have been pretty vocal about how big of an overreaction this is, but then I thought about something...

I'm a healthy adult. If I get this virus, I'm probably going to be fine. But...

I might need medical attention. Not intense medical attention, but some that I cannot get at home. So, I will need to go see a medical professional. If a bunch of healthy guys like me need the same, we're going to start overcrowding urgent care, ERs, hospitals, doctors offices. The strain of normal healthy adults who need extra care is going to kill those who need emergency care.

Or guys like me will be turned away. And what SHOULD have been an easy virus to combat and survive will be... less so. It could get VERY ugly. Are we there yet? no. Absolutely not.

But this extreme vigilance might be what saves us. We might only have two options here - extreme vigilance and utter collapse.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You have received an infraction at ChiefsPlanet

:-)000000" size="1"> Dear Bugeater,

You have received an infraction at ChiefsPlanet.

Reason: False Thread Title or fake news
-------
Very proud Wynot girls won state BB tho!
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=14836472
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon
Always knew nebraska had aids

HEY GODDAMNIT

All the best,
ChiefsPlanet
Holy shit. That was supposed to be a positive rep. My sincere apologies :-) don't have my contacts in. Time to go bed.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:51 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Holy shit. That was supposed to be a positive rep. My sincere apologies :-) don't have my contacts in. Time to go bed.
I'll fix it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:51 PM 03-11-2020
:-) I thought that may have been the case. Or the coronavirus is getting to you.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:52 PM 03-11-2020
Fix his shit DaFace!
[Reply]
DaFace 09:53 PM 03-11-2020
Fix his shit DaFace!
His shit is now fixed.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 09:53 PM 03-11-2020
I think things will start to get back to normal in a couple weeks. I've read in a couple places that new cases have started to decline in China where it originated. Just need to take every measure possible to keep the elderly and those with weakened immune systems and underlying issues safe. We should just be fortunate that we live in a country in a time in history where we are so evolved that we can deal with things like this.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:53 PM 03-11-2020
:-) I thought that may have been the case. Or the coronavirus is getting to you.
Again, apologies.

That shit ain't getting you, or me either. Even tho you're in much better shape than me.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:54 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
His shit is now fixed.
Thanks man!
[Reply]
cdcox 09:54 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I have been pretty vocal about how big of an overreaction this is, but then I thought about something...

I'm a healthy adult. If I get this virus, I'm probably going to be fine. But...

I might need medical attention. Not intense medical attention, but some that I cannot get at home. So, I will need to go see a medical professional. If a bunch of healthy guys like me need the same, we're going to start overcrowding urgent care, ERs, hospitals, doctors offices. The strain of normal healthy adults who need extra care is going to kill those who need emergency care.

Or guys like me will be turned away. And what SHOULD have been an easy virus to combat and survive will be... less so. It could get VERY ugly. Are we there yet? no. Absolutely not.

But this extreme vigilance might be what saves us. We might only have two options here - extreme vigilance and utter collapse.
:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:55 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
I think things will start to get back to normal in a couple weeks. I've read in a couple places that new cases have started to decline in China where it originated. Just need to take every measure possible to keep the elderly and those with weakened immune systems and underlying issues safe. We should just be fortunate that we live in a country in a time in history where we are so evolved that we can deal with things like this.
Try months.
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
He was voicing his opinion. His opinion vs. other medical professionals is not more or less valid.
Ok

So what is his opinion based on?
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:56 PM 03-11-2020
Again, apologies.

That shit ain't getting you, or me either. Even tho you're in much better shape than me.
I wouldn't bet on that. :-)
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:57 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation:
In a couple weeks. Lol!!! Must be nice living in fantasy land.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Try months.
It’ll probably pop back up and such in the coming months

But from the math it looks like some short term pain right now can really make a difference
[Reply]
Page 147 of 3903
« First < 4797137143144145146147 1481491501511571972476471147 > Last »
Up