ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 335 of 382
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bearcat 12:14 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Where you at?

What’s the cola one like? That sounds awesome.
A lot of people seem to be laughing at that one, but seems like it'll be good and probably easily available... it's in the fridge.

Thought about going to Phoenix for the EC Toasted Barrel variant, but didn't want to take the drive just to miss out on it.

Classic Cola Stout will likely be the most polarizing variant as a whisky cola inspired BCS is selected for bottles this year. Classic Cola Stout features Vanilla. Lime. Nutmeg. Brown Sugar. Coriander. Cassia Bark. Orange Juice (and zest).
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:18 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Cherry wood, cola, and the regular BCS... at a place that has 2018 BCS out for $6. :-)
I got the PPLD Black Friday email and figured you'd be there.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:20 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Where you at?

What’s the cola one like? That sounds awesome.
I've read the cola variant is surprisingly good, and that the cherry wood is a disappointment.

I haven't sampled yet, but was able to get three bottles of regular, a Cola, a Blanton's and a Fourteen so far.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:21 PM 11-26-2021
I’m working today…..

So fuck you guys!
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:23 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I got the PPLD Black Friday email and figured you'd be there.
Yeah, I'm there at 9am every year... and the same guy tells me every year that I'm a dying breed for wanting Bourbon County Stout. :-)

Picked up Old Forester 1910 to taste side-by-side with EC Toasted Barrel... that same guy talked me into Isaac Bowman Port Finished over Basil Hayden Toast. Grabbed another Angel's Envy Rye since it was 20% off and only $80.

Still haven't tried Early Times, partly because it's so readily available at $20.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:23 PM 11-26-2021
I've read the cola variant is surprisingly good, and that the cherry wood is a disappointment.

I haven't sampled yet, but was able to get three bottles of regular, a Cola, a Blanton's and a Fourteen so far.
Damn figures cherry wood is one of the only variants I can get this year.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:26 PM 11-26-2021

Nice! There's a place in Phoenix that regularly has 2-4 year old BCS for around $18-20, so I've been less diligent in the past few years (plus PPLD).... figured the cola variant could be one that stays on shelves for a while. Not sure I'll see the Blanton's here though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:54 PM 11-26-2021
Someone on reddit said BCS EC Toasted Barrel was $55 in Schaumburg/Chicago area. :-)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:11 PM 11-26-2021
Someone on reddit said BCS EC Toasted Barrel was $55 in Schaumburg/Chicago area. :-)
Yeah, that's the MSRP. I had the chance to pick one up and passed.

For $55, I'm picking up a bottle of Old Forester 1920 and enjoying it for a while.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:39 PM 11-26-2021
Had the full lineup earlier today.

My favs:

DBTB
Blantons
Fourteen
Cherry Wood
Regular
Cola
Prop

Cola was the surprise. Has a good amount of spiciness to go along with a legit cola presence.

Cherry Wood was another surprise. Felt it carried a more aromatic, sweet presence than the other variants.

DBTB is liquid barrel.

Fourteen is more rye forward, more cinnamon, less coconut version than Prop 14. People would be still tripping over their dicks for this 5 years ago. Really solid.

Prop, in your face strawberry with very little barrel. Weakest of the bunch, imo.

Vintages pouring all over the city today.

[Reply]
Bearcat 01:44 PM 11-26-2021
Yeah, that's the MSRP. I had the chance to pick one up and passed.

For $55, I'm picking up a bottle of Old Forester 1920 and enjoying it for a while.
Yeah, much past $30 per 22oz beer is really pushing it for me, but will do $30-35 for Bottle Logic or something really proven.... almost twice that much? Yeah, maybe not.

I've sent an arbitrary $100 for bourbon, and beyond that it would need to be something I've tried at a bar before.

Purely from a comparative/bang-for-the-buck perspective, I guess that means I should either be spending far less for beer or be willing to spend far more for bourbon.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:46 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had the full lineup earlier today.

My favs:

DBTB
Blantons
Fourteen
Cherry Wood
Regular
Cola
Prop

Cola was the surprise. Has a good amount of spiciness to go along with a legit cola presence.

Cherry Wood was another surprise. Felt it carried a more aromatic, sweet presence than the other variants.

DBTB is liquid barrel.

Fourteen is more rye forward, more cinnamon, less coconut version than Prop 14. People would be still tripping over their dicks for this 5 years ago. Really solid.

Prop, in your face strawberry with very little barrel. Weakest of the bunch, imo.

Vintages pouring all over the city today.
I've seen that about the Cola a few times now, that it's surprisingly good.

Expected that of the toasted barrel, that one will be savored.

I had the '17 coffee a couple months ago at Hopsmith and it was so freakin' good.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:53 PM 11-26-2021
STILL WORKING

FUCK!!!!
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:57 PM 11-26-2021
I've seen that about the Cola a few times now, that it's surprisingly good.

Expected that of the toasted barrel, that one will be savored.

I had the '17 coffee a couple months ago at Hopsmith and it was so freakin' good.
I think the Cola reaction is based on incredibly low expectations. Its certainly one I'd share now and not age. Also, feel its more in line with the 33 or however many spices of Dr. Pepper type "cola" than say a Coke or Pepsi if that even makes any sense when describing a BA stout.

I enjoyed it for what it is though.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:41 PM 11-26-2021
Had my BIL pick up 150 and DBTB for me today (Topeka doesn't get variants). If I can somehow find a Blantons and a Cola, i'll have the full line up for the first time ever.
[Reply]
Page 335 of 382
« First < 235285325331332333334335 336337338339345 > Last »
Up