ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 324
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
JakeF 08:08 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Am I the only one that remembers the transition from 2008 to 2009?

The front seven had to be completely re-done.
No, it doesn't. I'm not sure that we aren't a better fit for a 4-3 than a 3-4 right now.

Houston - Nnadi - Jones - Speaks
Niemann - Hitchens - O'Daniel
Ward - Berry - Lucas - Fuller

Ford - He's the one that doesn't really fit a 3-4. We should Tag/Trade him.
Look to upgrade; Niemann, Speaks and the Safety position.

Houston - can no longer run well enough to play linebacker and is better at DE.

Jones - not a 2-gap guy, he was a liability against the run in a 2-gap system. He will be a very good 3-tech where is can just penetrate and follow the ball.

Nnadi - will hold the point, his specialty

Speaks - i'm not sure he's any good but he's built to be a DE.

Hitchens - more protected in a 4-3, will be able to move better and find the ball

O'daniel - should be a perfect WLB if he can stay healthy

Niemann - I dunno if he can start in the NFL or not.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:09 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
What’s your infatuation with eagles fans anyways? You’ll have to let us know how their forum is lol
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
They were pissed about the Pederson hire! Literally said it was the safe move. Heard it called Andy reid-esk. Said it would get them nowhere. They also were pumped about chip. They’ve been wrong at almost every point lol.
Hm, okay man. You got me good.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:09 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
The team was dee Ford hand away from the Super Bowl with a historically awful defense. We don't need a risky assistant learning how to be a coordinator. This gives us a competent nfl defensive coordinator. We don't need the 85 Bears defense.
I think that's where Reid is coming from. He needs someone the players can instantly buy into, knows what it takes to win in the NFL, can manage the defense without Reid having to intervene and can put together an average defense.
[Reply]
raidersnumber1 08:09 PM 01-24-2019
good news for AFC West QBs
[Reply]
ILChief 08:12 PM 01-24-2019
Bailey is a FA. How does he fit a 4-3 or is he a gonner
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:14 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
No, it doesn't. I'm not sure that we aren't a better fit for a 4-3 than a 3-4 right now.

Jones - not a 2-gap guy, he was a liability against the run in a 2-gap system. He will be a very good 3-tech where is can just penetrate and follow the ball.

Hitchens - more protected in a 4-3, will be able to move better and find the ball

agree on Ford, and I really was leery of paying him that kind of coin when he's so bad at run defense. I literally saw a Colts WR block him at the point of attack and blow him out.

Also agree that Houston's speed has dropped, but he's still plenty quick and powerful enough to play RDE. I think he'd be excellent there, might help him stay on the field too. Less running in space. If he wants to restructue, which I'd think he would. If he doesn't you have to cut him, $21m is too much.

It'll be nice to see if we have anything in our last 2 #2 picks as well; both Kpass and Speaks are DE's, not OLB's. They're not covering the flat for anyone. But stick their hand in the dirt and get up field? Maybe, yeah.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:17 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:

Paying Justin Houston 21.1 million to experiment with his hand in the ground full time doesn't seem like the best use of resources.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:19 PM 01-24-2019
I'm sure he's taking a paycut, anyway.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:19 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Paying Justin Houston 21.1 million to experiment with his hand in the ground full time doesn't seem like the best use of resources.
If you think we're going to pay him $21.1 million dollars, you're stupid.
[Reply]
MahiMike 08:20 PM 01-24-2019
We should stop with the 4-3 vs 3-4. Defenses today switch by the down.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:22 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you think we're going to pay him $21.1 million dollars, you're stupid.
No, that's exactly the point. He's getting released.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:26 PM 01-24-2019
No, that's exactly the point. He's getting released.
I'd say that's maybe a 40% chance.

I'd say it's more likely they restructure his deal and he stays.

with his injury history and age, he's not going to get any huge deal on the open market. If he stays he's got a shot at a ring. I think Houston's made a ton of money, and would want that more than anything.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:28 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd say that's maybe a 40% chance.

I'd say it's more likely they restructure his deal and he stays.

with his injury history and age, he's not going to get any huge deal on the open market. If he stays he's got a shot at a ring. I think Houston's made a ton of money, and would want that more than anything.
:-) He's not quite 30 yet and is coming off a pretty good year. He'd get paid big on an open market with all the big name edge rushers likely getting an extension or tagged.

This is his best chance to get one last good payday.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:30 PM 01-24-2019
My point about not being able to trade Dee Ford is the Chiefs won’t have the luxury of leverage. Teams will know he doesn’t fit a 4-3, and possibly decide to keep bidding low or wait for release.

I’m still laughing because people think we have personal for 4-3, hint.... We dont
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:31 PM 01-24-2019
:-) He's not quite 30 yet and is coming off a pretty good year. He'd get paid big on an open market with all the big name edge rushers likely getting an extension or tagged.

This is his best chance to get one last good payday.
Tied for 24th in sacks. Pretty good year? Not for how much he got paid.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 324
« First < 172324252627 282930313777127 > Last »
Up