ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 328
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018 Royals Repository ***
duncan_idaho 09:18 PM 04-06-2018
The season is upon us, even if spring is not.

2018 MLB Draft Picks
#33 - Compensation (Eric Hosmer)
#34 - Compensation (Lorenzo Cain)
#40 (Competitive Balance Round A)

018 Draft Names to Watch

RHP Kumar Rocker, N Oconnee HS, Georgia.
Spoiler!

OF Jarred Kelenic, Waukasha West HS, WI
Spoiler!

1B Triston Casas, American Heritage HS (FL).
Spoiler!

RHP Carter Stewart, Eau de Gallie HS (Ga).
Spoiler!

ANY Any, Any (Any). Any current top projected pick who slides for injury concerns. Includes current top prospect prospect SP Brady Singer, U of Florida.

Current Prospects to Watch:

OF Seuly Matias - Huge tools. Hit 2 HR in Lexington (A) season opener.

1B Nick Pratto - Top pick in 17 has advanced approach and good glove; needs to start tapping into power in first full year in minors. Also at Lexington.

OF Michael Gigliotti - Good defender in CF, good OBP skills, plus baserunner. Next mainstay in CF for KC, IMO. Advanced college bat also starting at Lexington.

OF Khalil Lee - Probably has highest upside in Royals' system. Could hit 30 HR in majors, could steal 30 bases. Plus defensive ability in RF. Nice test at Wilmington this year.

3B Emmanuel Rivera - Really nice approach and good contact skills. Power is still developing. Also getting a good test at Wilmington.

SP Foster Griffin - Made nice strides in 2017. Needs to continue to progress in 2018. Could be a lefty version of Jakob Junis (good breaking ball that he can really manipulate, OK fastball, good command).

1B Samir Duenez - Duenez still is intriguing, hoping for a step forward in his power production this year at Northwest Arkansas, which would turn him into a legit prospect.

Others to keep an eye on:
SP Gerson Garabito (Wilmington), OF Marten Gasparini (Lexington), C MJ Melendez (Lexington), RP Tyler Zuber (lexington), RP Richard Lovelady (Omaha), SP Dan Tillo (Lexington), SS Nicky Lopez (NWA), SP Scott Blewett (NWA), OF Brewer Hicklen (Idaho Falls),

In general, Lexington and Wilmington are the most interesting spots to watch. Nice depth and a lot of interesting pieces at both.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:04 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I worded what I said completely wrong, I wasn't trying to take away that the Royals won a world series or were a top of the line time for a period.

It was just that I didn't feel that they did a great job of developing all of those guys to their full potential.
Who has been better since they left?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:26 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Who has been better since they left?
By the time someone has been a professional for 10 years you're kinda passed that point.

This will sound bad but Hosmer is an example of a guy that should have had some serious hard ass coaching in the minors, he goes into slumps because he's stubborn as fuck.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:43 AM 07-10-2018
@FlannyMLB: An AL East scout told me last night: "I think someone will bite on Lucas Duda as a lefty bat off the bench. They won't get enough for Duffy or Merrifield to move them. They’ll definitely move Moustakas and he will help someone. Won’t get the big return. Doesn’t happen anymore."
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:48 AM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
And?
You're an idiot. He will be washed up by 2022.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:20 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
@FlannyMLB: An AL East scout told me last night: "I think someone will bite on Lucas Duda as a lefty bat off the bench. They won't get enough for Duffy or Merrifield to move them. They’ll definitely move Moustakas and he will help someone. Won’t get the big return. Doesn’t happen anymore."
I take what a scout says with a grain of salt. The scout isn't making the final decision, and they don't have a read on what every other team is willing to give up in a trade.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:43 PM 07-10-2018
While on the topic of former players, Lorenzo Cain continues to be ****ing awesome. This season he’s added a level of plate discipline that is pushing him into an elite offensive category. The dude just got selected to another All Star Game, to boot.

It will be worth watching to see if Moose has a similar transition while sporting other colors. If so, it will warrant analysis on if our org is continuing to preach a free swinging philosophy from top to bottom.
[Reply]
TLO 12:54 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
While on the topic of former players, Lorenzo Cain continues to be ****ing awesome. This season he’s added a level of plate discipline that is pushing him into an elite offensive category. The dude just got selected to another All Star Game, to boot.

It will be worth watching to see if Moose has a similar transition while sporting other colors. If so, it will warrant analysis on if our org is continuing to preach a free swinging philosophy from top to bottom.

Glad to hear that Cain is doing well. I haven't bothered paying attention to much of the rest of baseball at all this season.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:01 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
You're an idiot. He will be washed up by 2022.
Whoa! Go out on a limb there!

You mean he will be washed up after his 12th MLB season?????
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:25 PM 07-10-2018
Ian didn't wait long to cough up the lead.
[Reply]
tk13 06:36 PM 07-10-2018
That was a bomb. Mondesi destroyed that.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 06:41 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
The losing streak ends tonight! The ROYALS are 5-29 since June 1st
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:24 PM 07-10-2018
The Royals have scored more than 5 runs in a game for the first time since the Obama administration.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:52 PM 07-10-2018
Mondesi!

I’m all in!
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:56 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
The Royals have scored more than 5 runs in a game for the first time since the Obama administration.
Hope and Change!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:07 PM 07-10-2018
Originally Posted by tk13:
His bat certainly seems significantly better than it was last year.
[Reply]
Page 174 of 328
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184224274 > Last »
Up