ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 138 of 172
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 10:28 PM 04-15-2020
Walter White was lucky he met Tuco instead of Lalo......
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:56 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Hey I suddenly realized something watching Monday's episode last night.

How did Mike get out to his position in the desert? Obviously he didn't drive because they would have driven out of there.
He was following in his truck. However, he was pretty damn lucky he just happened to be in a perfect spot to snipe all of the bad guys (except one) from his spot without getting shot himself.

But here's a question--what happened to all of the dead bodies and destroyed cars that were left behind at the scene?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:35 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
He was following in his truck. However, he was pretty damn lucky he just happened to be in a perfect spot to snipe all of the bad guys (except one) from his spot without getting shot himself.

But here's a question--what happened to all of the dead bodies and destroyed cars that were left behind at the scene?
Tow trucks cleaned them up.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:35 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Hey I suddenly realized something watching Monday's episode last night.

How did Mike get out to his position in the desert? Obviously he didn't drive because they would have driven out of there.
His truck was shut up and leaking gas, IIRC.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:31 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
This shit is so good. I legit had no idea what was going to happen.

As if we needed a reminder, Rhea Seahorn is fucking gorgeous.
She's gained a bit more fat in the posterior and thighs which may make her seem more attractive as a mate for breeding, however, the actress is 47 years old.
[Reply]
eDave 02:42 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
She's gained a bit more fat in the posterior and thighs which may make her seem more attractive as a mate for breeding, however, the actress is 47 years old.
:-) WTF?
[Reply]
Gadzooks 02:59 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
:-) WTF?
I stand by what said.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:40 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:

Fring sent guyS to clean it up.

I stand by what said.
So do I. She’s spectacular.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 04-16-2020
Wow, had no idea.:-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:49 AM 04-16-2020
Seahorn looks way better irl I think. She posts on twitter and looks cute as a bug in a rug on drugs.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:06 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Walter White was lucky he met Tuco instead of Lalo......
Breaking Bad would have been a 1 season miniseries and would have ended when Lalo came to Walt’s home and had a groupthink over breakfast with Walt, Skyler and Walter Jr.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:10 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Wow, had no idea.:-)
She had been playing the sitcom stock character 'career-driven best friend' for a good while.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:45 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
In the back of my mind I kept telling myself that Lalo had to survive (Saul’s line in BB “did Lalo send you?!” Oh God! I am a friend of the cartel”) indicates he survived - but I started questioning that by the end.
What episode was that? I'm rewatching BB for the 3rd or 4th time and I have apparently missed that.
[Reply]
sedated 09:49 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
What episode was that? I'm rewatching BB for the 3rd or 4th time and I have apparently missed that.
When Walter and Jesse first meet Saul. He eventually pulls the "put a dollar in my pocket"
[Reply]
sedated 09:57 AM 04-16-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
In the back of my mind I kept telling myself that Lalo had to survive (Saul’s line in BB “did Lalo send you?!” Oh God! I am a friend of the cartel”) indicates he survived - but I started questioning that by the end.
Gus tells Hector "the Salamanca name dies with you" after Hank killed the twins in the parking lot.
[Reply]
Page 138 of 172
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148 > Last »
Up