ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2207 of 3903
« First < 1207170721072157219722032204220522062207 220822092210221122172257230727073207 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Maybe they could like...run outside or do some pushups, or look at one of thousands of home workouts available on YouTube, or get a Peloton, or one of hundreds of other options and still get exercise.
I understand that, but I also don’t you get to tell people how the fuck they have to live their lives. Maybe they’ve tried that way and it’s just not the same for them and not going to the gym makes it hard for them to get motivated. Maybe they were overweight a year ago and did a lot of work with their personal trainer and they need that back again to get on track. Maybe the personal trainer and gym owners have family to support and the member also wants to support their favorite gym/trainer again too.

Either way, if they did their part in flattening the curve like all of us were lead to believe was the goal, you and anybody else shaming them for moving on with their lives can go fuck yourselves.

You might as well shame people for driving, having unprotected sex, not practicing social distancing during flu season etc.

It’s utterly ridiculous.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:28 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You all move goalposts like nobody I’ve ever seen.

News flash:

Corona isn’t car accidents either. They’ve killed way more people and will continue to kill way more people than Corona ever will.

Stop driving or shut the fuck up you condescending moron.
If only there were things we did to limit car fatalities, like crumple zones, air bags, seat belts, speed limits, driving laws...
[Reply]
Monticore 12:29 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Not going to argue that.

But in the case of what I asked, how bad will the flu season be in fall/winter of '20 with other ailments not C-19 when our immune systems are potentially weakened from distancing? Pretty bad I would imagine, and I'm afraid all the doom and gloomers will use it for their own reasons to harp about C-19 and further lockdown and distancing policies (worse case scenario admittedly, but the point stands).
The flu season would be better if everyone got the flu shot , making it easier to deal with covid , but if we go into the fall with exponential growth already it would make things harder, we should be better prepared to deal with it during a second wave hopefully.

I am not saying to keep everything locked down till the just maybe do things in moderation .
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Practicing social distancing for a few months isnt comparable to never driving again you idiot
A few months?

It’s been a few months. You want them to practice social distancing for a year until there’s a vaccine because this isn’t going away.

I understand that asking to stop driving forever is even more unrealistic. Maybe you should only drive you when you have to then. Don’t ever go for a fucking ride. Don’t ever drive on a vacation then. How about that? No matter where you try and go with this you’re a fucking hypocrite.

No matter where you put your goalposts, expecting the entire world to practice social distancing for months on end is and always will be UNREALISTIC.
[Reply]
Donger 12:32 PM 05-24-2020
A few months?

It’s been a few months. You want them to practice social distancing for a year until there’s a vaccine because this isn’t going away.

I understand that asking to stop driving forever is even more unrealistic. Maybe you should only drive you when you have to then. Don’t ever go for a ****ing ride. Don’t ever drive on a vacation then. How about that? No matter where you try and go with this you’re a ****ing hypocrite.

No matter where you put your goalposts, expecting the entire world to practice social distancing for months on end is and always will be UNREALISTIC.
Do you wear a mask in public?
[Reply]
petegz28 12:33 PM 05-24-2020
A few months?

I understand that asking to stop driving forever is even more unrealistic. Maybe you should only drive you when you have to then. Don’t ever go for a ****ing ride. Don’t ever drive on a vacation then. How about that? No matter where you try and go with this you’re a ****ing hypocrite.

Just "2 more weeks".......
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 05-24-2020
If only there were things we did to limit car fatalities, like crumple zones, air bags, seat belts, speed limits, driving laws...
But those things don’t stop 1.35 million people form dying every year, so we need to do more.

No more driving unless you’re going to work, taking your kids to school, etc.

I mean if you don’t agree you’re basically a piece of shit that’s ok with 1.35 million people still dying every year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:35 PM 05-24-2020
I understand that, but I also don’t you get to tell people how the fuck they have to live their lives. Maybe they’ve tried that way and it’s just not the same for them and not going to the gym makes it hard for them to get motivated. Maybe they were overweight a year ago and did a lot of work with their personal trainer and they need that back again to get on track. Maybe the personal trainer and gym owners have family to support and the member also wants to support their favorite gym/trainer again too.

Either way, if they did their part in flattening the curve like all of us were lead to believe was the goal, you and anybody else shaming them for moving on with their lives can go fuck yourselves.

You might as well shame people for driving, having unprotected sex, not practicing social distancing during flu season etc.

It’s utterly ridiculous.
How do you not realize that people not following these guidelines are affecting how thousands of other people will live the entirety of the rest of their lives because they're going to die of a disease they didn't have to catch?

It's not always about you. If this disease was a plasmodium that you couldn't spread to others, then the rules would be different. If this disease was bloodborne, the rules would be different. If this was exposure to high dose radiation, the rules would be different.

But it's none of those things.

You need to think about the predictable consequences of your actions. If I swerve in front of someone and they run off the road and I don't, I'm not immune to criticism just because it didn't physically harm me.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:35 PM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Do you wear a mask in public?
I wear it when I have to.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:35 PM 05-24-2020
Social distancing only works where it can be enforced and that is less places than people think. While I agree it is probably the most effective means of mitigation and much, much, MUCH more effective than masks, it simply is not practical on a large scale for any length of time for very many places.
[Reply]
jdubya 12:36 PM 05-24-2020
I wonder how many think tanks are out there observing how far people are willing to be told what to do before soft civil disobedience to real civil unrest? Interesting times indeed
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:36 PM 05-24-2020
This is the CDC's definition of social distancing. I don't see how this is such a huge deal for a few months. Yeah it would suck for sports but they can play games with a few fans at least.

This doesn't mean you can't go back to work or shopping just stay away from people and super huge groups. And wear a mask please.

Originally Posted by :
Social distancing, also called “physical distancing,” means keeping space between yourself and other people outside of your home. To practice social or physical distancing:
  • Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from other people
  • Do not gather in groups
  • Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings

[Reply]
staylor26 12:38 PM 05-24-2020
How do you not realize that people not following these guidelines are affecting how thousands of other people will live the entirety of the rest of their lives because they're going to die of a disease they didn't have to catch?

It's not always about you. If this disease was a plamodium that you couldn't spread to others, then the rules would be different. If this disease was bloodborne, the rules would be different. If this was exposure to high dose radiation, the rules would be different.

But it's none of those things.

You need to think about the predictable consequences of your actions. If I swerve in front of someone and they run off the road and I don't, I'm not immune to criticism just because it didn't physically harm me.
I’m clearly talking about people who did their part for months now and want to continue with their lives because the mortality rate doesn’t justify continuing on like this. Many of us were led to believe that this was all about flattening the curve and preventing the hospitals from being overrun.

Now it’s looking like you all want everybody to just stop living until we have a vaccine or this goes away neither of which is happening for a long time.

I’m not saying I’m not willing to follow reasonable social distancing measures. I’m speaking to people like PA that think anybody that wants to go to the gym or get a haircut is a POS.
[Reply]
Donger 12:38 PM 05-24-2020
I wear it when I have to.
Does mean that if the public location doesn't require you to wear one, you do not?
[Reply]
Donger 12:39 PM 05-24-2020
Many of us were led to believe that this was all about flattening the curve and preventing the hospitals from being overrun.
That was part of it, yes. The primary goal was to minimize cases.
[Reply]
Page 2207 of 3903
« First < 1207170721072157219722032204220522062207 220822092210221122172257230727073207 > Last »
Up