ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2200 of 3903
« First < 1200170021002150219021962197219821992200 220122022203220422102250230027003200 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
cdcox 09:48 PM 05-23-2020
"Until medical community tells us otherwise"

That would be Tuesday.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 10:12 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting

Hopefully they can at least get the home opener in before that second wave hits. I’ll gladly sign up for the experiment if they want us to since we’re the first game. Check everyone’s temperature before the game. I’ll even quarantine for 14 days after the game just to make sure it’s not spread anymore. The older I get I feel like I need that many days to recover from a night of partying anyways.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:33 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Interesting

Even in Jacksonville? Really?..
[Reply]
BossChief 10:37 PM 05-23-2020
I’m gonna be sad if I can’t see them hang the banner, but I’ll understand. I’ve got 2g set aside to go.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:11 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’m gonna be sad if I can’t see them hang the banner, but I’ll understand. I’ve got 2g set aside to go.
You know tickets have been on sale for awhile right? Just call the chiefs ticket office. They waive the service fees you see on ticketmaster and if the game isn’t played you get that 2g back. Just so you know that 2g isn’t going to get you as many tickets in the section you were probably thinking of if you haven’t checked pricing lately. I bought 8 tickets in the upper deck for a little over 1,800
[Reply]
BWillie 11:11 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Not as much as I go by what I see in real life. My gym memberships are up 25% since the day before the shutdown. The traffic is the same as it always was. For most under 50 it's business as usual. Look at what everyone else is
saying they are seeing as well.

Our local Menards Sat and Sun sales are matching black Friday sales numbers....but muh poll!
Wait wait wait.... you mean to tell me the virus is SPURRING the economy? :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:32 PM 05-23-2020
Hooo Boy. We are going back on lockdown.
[Reply]
philfree 12:38 AM 05-24-2020
Early this past week the doorbell rang so I answered the door. It was a door to door solicitor pushing home security. After I told him I wasn't interested and good luck he just kept talking. I had to tell him several times before he left. What a dumb fuck. We had boxes on the porch that had been delivered and he just stood there talking all over them. He could have been spewing covid droplets all over them and me. After he left my thought was that I should get in my truck and go run him over. Of course I didn't but if I did it would have been recorded as another death do to Covid 19.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:22 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Wait wait wait.... you mean to tell me the virus is SPURRING the economy? :-)
Another classic BWillie hot take
[Reply]
Marcellus 06:21 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Even if we only avg 700 deaths a day until 2021, thats 140k or so plus the 100k+ we already have. Is 240k deaths an acceptable result? Depends on ones opinion.
I wish people wouldn't use the term "acceptable" because its really just a baited word.It's a word looking for an argument.

None of this shit is acceptable, the deaths or the economic impact. Thats why China needs to be held accountable Globally.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:28 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I wish people wouldn't use the term "acceptable" because its really just a baited word.It's a word looking for an argument.

None of this shit is acceptable, the deaths or the economic impact. Thats why China needs to be held accountable Globally.
Just bomb the fuck out of china
[Reply]
petegz28 07:18 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
We were in a decline but aren’t any longer. Their new fancy dashboard shows up 7% over the last week
The projections are showing infections actually going down and the actuals are running well below the projections by a factor of almost 10.

Or let me put it this way. The actual daily new infections number is actually today where the projections have it in later June.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:40 AM 05-24-2020
Missouri changes reporting of COVID-19 testing data and positivity rate
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said Saturday that it is changing how COVID-19 testing data is reported and how positivity rates are calculated.

In a release, Dr. Randall Williams, director of DHSS said, “As we continue to learn more about this virus and new tests emerge, we will continue providing better data with greater clarity and transparency to help Missourians make the best decisions for their health care possible.”

The release said that while DHSS staff have "been following reporting guidelines as requested from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), both retrospectively and going forward, Missouri is segregating different testing data types to provide the best available information to citizens. These are reflected in the current dashboard.

The release outlined the following changes in the data:

A change in the percent positivity rate. The percent positivity rate was previously calculated as the number of positive COVID-19 cases divided by the total number of tests completed. The new calculation is the number of positive cases divided by the number of people tested (not the number of tests done). These changes will increase the rate of positive cases as reported through the dashboard. This is because each positive individual may have multiple tests done, increasing the size of the denominator (the number of tests) but not the numerator (number of confirmed COVID-19 cases). The previously-reported rate cannot be compared to the current rate.

The tests performed by day will include PCR tests only, which indicates only if a person has an active COVID-19 case. Numbers will have decreased from previous days’ reporting because DHSS is no longer including people who received only serology tests in this graph.
Given the marked increase in serology testing, DHSS is now reporting separate information on serology which is collected through a blood test to determine if a person has previously been infected and has formed antibodies against the virus.

In a statement sent to KMBC 9, Dr. Williams commented on the change in data reporting, saying, “As a 30-year clinician, and like many fellow clinicians nationally, I was very concerned that the CDC had specifically advised our staff and those among other states to combine these results. I believe that the CDC clearly knows these represent two very distinct clinical entities. I understand our team did what the CDC required them to do and did not maintain one set of data for the CDC and one set for public reporting. Until very recently, about the second week of May, the number of serological tests coming in was small enough that it did not substantially or noticeably impact our numbers. Upon me and our leadership as well as those from our state public health laboratory discovering the combined data set, we immediately corrected the way we report this information to the public and will continue to report it this way, as our leadership originally intended.”
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:50 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
To be clear, you are hoping the city puts a business out of business without said business breaking any rules?

I don't want the city to put them out of business but the first rule has always been don't show up to work if you are showing symptoms and she should have been sent home immediately. They are now saying another hair stylist there had mild symptoms that tested positive and exposed more people.

At least though they were wearing face masks and kept good contact tracing records.

People just need to be super vigilant in these type of businesses and the original person must have had bad enough symptoms to go get a test.

The company I work for is in the health care biz with offices all across the state of MO and we haven't had one case yet. From the get go the company policy was you can't show up with any symptoms and if you are caught on premise with symptoms it is grounds for termination.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:51 AM 05-24-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I don't want the city to put them out of business but the first rule has always been don't show up to work if you are showing symptoms and she should have been sent home immediately. They are now saying another hair stylist there had mild symptoms that tested positive and exposed more people.

At least though they were wearing face masks and kept good contact tracing records.

People just need to be super vigilant in these type of businesses and the original person must have had bad enough symptoms to go get a test.

The company I work for is in the health care biz with offices all across the state of MO and we haven't had one case yet. From the get go the company policy was you can't show up with any symptoms and if you are caught on premise with symptoms it is grounds for termination.

I agree it was stupid for the person to show up if they were symptomatic. Now, define symptomatic because in this case we don't know what it is, right? Was it symptoms easily confused with allergies during a bad allergy season? Was she running a fever? Coughing?
[Reply]
Page 2200 of 3903
« First < 1200170021002150219021962197219821992200 220122022203220422102250230027003200 > Last »
Up