ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 173
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs suspended Tyreek Hill
TribalElder 10:21 PM 04-25-2019
Channel 5 just busted in and showed veach saying Hill is suspended for now
jerryaldini 11:43 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
The belt thing is fine. I got beat with a belt. Pretty sure a lot of people did growing up
Yeah, but not until we were older. I think I was about 8 when I got my first. It worked. My friends all got the belt. Hell the school principal could beat you on the ass with a plank multiple times, and did. But kid that young, and punching, definitely not.

I really hope Tyreek can get the work he needs and later reconcile with the boy and they can go on to a loving relationship at some point. Tragic.
kcpasco 11:44 PM 04-25-2019
Clark Hunt could come out looking like a hero on this. If he is the one to force Roger to care about the children.
carcosa 11:44 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Are you a woman? Christ, I hope so.
That's right. As men, we're taught that we're supposed to be okay with being abused, that we're pussies if we don't just take it and repress it. Yep. Pretty textbook stuff here.

This is the sort of mentality that churns out the Tyreek Hills and Adrian Petersons of the world. We internalize the terrible shit that happens to us and inevitably go on to inflict it on others. The cycle continues indefinitely.

This stuff is so depressing. (Oops, not supposed to get depressed, either. Sorry.)
FAX 11:45 PM 04-25-2019
Maybe the Chiefs just aren't particularly good at "fixing" people.

Then again, maybe that's not their job. Maybe their job is to put a team on the field that wins football games. Maybe a significant number of players emerge from bad families and bad neighborhoods. And maybe the college experience is insufficient to provide a foundation that allows players to alter their behavioral patterns. Maybe when you give a guy like that an assload of fame and fortune, they simply can't handle it.

It that's true, maybe an NFL team is simply not equipped to provide the necessary psychological services to change a person's life. And if so, why would we expect any other outcome in these cases? Why should we expect anything at all? Other than wins, that is.

Football teams are not intervention services designed to improve society. It would be nice if they were, but is that a reasonable burden to place on organizations that have no such expertise and are actually devoted to and encourage controlled violence?

FAX
mr. tegu 11:46 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If we accept the premise that parents being more willing to use discipline on their kids led to better behaved kids and that that parents aren't willing to do that as often now, the logical conclusion would be that there are fewer behaved kids, right? And it's usually those hellions that end up becoming derelicts, which I will not argue.

Howver, that becomes a little bit harder to reconcile when you look at rates of violent crime in the US over time.

Violent crime would be 18 year olds and over right? (Don’t know really). If so that graph shows the biggest decline is mid 90s and sort of levels off in early 2000s with continual gradual decreases. But for the biggest change you are looking at kids born late 70s and early 80s as the youngest options with most born earlier. Just based on my perception the less frequency of physical discipline is actually more of a last 20-25 years thing but is good to see a continual steady decline. I guess what caused the increase might be a discussion as well though.
carcosa 11:47 PM 04-25-2019
If we accept the premise that parents being more willing to use discipline on their kids led to better behaved kids and that that parents aren't willing to do that as often now, the logical conclusion would be that there are fewer behaved kids, right? And it's usually those hellions that end up becoming derelicts, which I will not argue.

Howver, that becomes a little bit harder to reconcile when you look at rates of violent crime in the US over time.

Yeah, well. The idea that we all deserve to be treated like shit is stronger than anything supported by data, unfortunately.
Frazod 11:48 PM 04-25-2019

Your chart sort of disproves your argument. Do you think kids back in 1960 were getting timeouts and participation trophies? Seems like shit started to spike as soon as all the kids who were ruined by the late 60s started crapping out undisciplined brats.

And also, do you think that the fact that we're under almost constant surveillance now might have something to do with any drop in crime?
kcpasco 11:48 PM 04-25-2019
Maybe a shitty upbringing combined with a violent sport is the problem. Maybe a percentage of the player base can’t flip the light switch off when the game is over. But no one will want to talk about that.

Any phychologist want to chime in?
BlackOp 11:48 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Maybe the Chiefs just aren't particularly good at "fixing" people.
Or they are located in the mid-west where people have nothing else to do but fixate on shit like this..
Frazod 11:49 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:
That's right. As men, we're taught that we're supposed to be okay with being abused, that we're pussies if we don't just take it and repress it. Yep. Pretty textbook stuff here.

This is the sort of mentality that churns out the Tyreek Hills and Adrian Petersons of the world. We internalize the terrible shit that happens to us and inevitably go on to inflict it on others. The cycle continues indefinitely.

This stuff is so depressing. (Oops, not supposed to get depressed, either. Sorry.)
That's okay. When you're sobbing about me to your therapist tomorrow, remember, that Frazod with a "z".
FAX 11:49 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:

Dude ... you're making me tear up a little over here ...

I'm beginning to question my raison d'etre. I mean, seriously.

FAX
CrazyPhuD 11:49 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
My dad used masturbate into a sock and make me wear it over my head around the house for an entire day. And I turned out fine!
I bet that was the last time you were playing outside and didn't come when your dad called right?
BossChief 11:49 PM 04-25-2019
Okay, so you don't want to cut Hill so that another team gets a shot at him. Where do you draw the line?

If one of these dudes beat the shit out of your wife or child, would you still hope the Chiefs held onto him if he could take the top off of a defense?
Everything in the NFL has a value attributed to it. Draft picks, cap space, roster spots, coaching positions, etc. everything.

I don’t want Tyreek Hill to be able to play football for the Chiefs ever again. I think he should probably have to go to prison for a full year and prove to society that he understands what he did and that there will be more severe consequences if this were to ever happen again. Rehabilitation needs to happen immediately. It’s horrific to think that he hit this child while he was still in the womb and likely broke his arm at age 3. Terrible.

But

I do believe that out of 31 other nfl teams, one of them is willing to be stupid enough to roll the dice with Hill. He is a damaged commodity that is sure to have diminished value, but there is likely still some value there.

If he’s ever going to play again, KC should own that value and be able to extract it.

If he’s going to play again, some dumb team should have to pay a pick for the chance.
carcosa 11:50 PM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That's okay. When you're sobbing about me to your therapist tomorrow, remember, that Frazod with a "z".
All I'll say is I understand why you think this way.
FAX 11:52 PM 04-25-2019
Charts. Now we have charts.

FAX
Page 15 of 173
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up