Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Media Center>Wonder Woman (2017)
Munson 04:13 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:09 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Chris Pine is a badass actor.
I actually thought he was just another guy playing himself (ala Ford, Denzel), but then I saw Hell or High Water and he totally changed my opinion. He's got some chops.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:06 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I actually thought he was just another guy playing himself (ala Ford, Denzel), but then I saw Hell or High Water and he totally changed my opinion. He's got some chops.
Haven't seen that yet. In this, however, he was pretty much playing Kirk as a WWI pilot.

But that was just fine. He's a good Kirk. Too bad Jar Jar Abrams didn't give him better material to work with.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 11:53 PM 06-11-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Good assessment.

He's not a bad actor, you're right.

It's just for like 90% of his roles he just has to play

Chris Pine ship captain
Chris Pine boyfriend
Chris Pine international spy
Chris Pine blue collar guy
Chris Pine...

I still say Ben Foster is way way better an actor, but Pine is generally good, and has appeal.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:30 PM 06-12-2017
So, Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend drop-off of any superhero film in history. Down 45% for a $57.2 million take.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:58 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
So, Wonder Woman had the lowest weekend drop-off of any superhero film in history. Down 45% for a $57.2 million take.
What else is out?

I'm just saying part of the sustained box office is a rather pedestrian mix of other films out.
[Reply]
Hawk 02:14 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
What else is out?

I'm just saying part of the sustained box office is a rather pedestrian mix of other films out.
Yep, the Mummy movie was not huge competition. Also helps that more women want to see WW, so maybe that has something to do with it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:16 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Oh yeah, I'm married . . . sigh

How you look at your crush.
Ha! Okay, that's pretty brazen right there.

The 'busted' look when she realizes that the interviewer probably noticed it was pretty funny as well.

I'm not exactly a body language pro but if that's not a straight up eye bang, then such an animal does not exist.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:10 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Yep, the Mummy movie was not huge competition. Also helps that more women want to see WW, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Yeah, I have about as much interest in watching another CGI shitfest mummy movie and I do in seeing that Matt Damon Great Wall movie - zero.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:20 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Haven't seen that yet. In this, however, he was pretty much playing Kirk as a WWI pilot.

But that was just fine. He's a good Kirk. Too bad Jar Jar Abrams didn't give him better material to work with.
Drop everything you're doing and see Hell or High Water now.

Best contemporary Western I've seen since...
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:00 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, I have about as much interest in watching another CGI shitfest mummy movie and I do in seeing that Matt Damon Great Wall movie - zero.
Saw the The Great Wall from a Redbox rental two weeks ago. Meh!
Actually it was kinda strange.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:03 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
Chris Pine is a badass actor. He has played a vast scope and of roles and nailed them all.
Something about his face complexion that has always bothered me. It makes me recoil when I see his face.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:44 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ha! Okay, that's pretty brazen right there.

The 'busted' look when she realizes that the interviewer probably noticed it was pretty funny as well.

I'm not exactly a body language pro but if that's not a straight up eye bang, then such an animal does not exist.
She's married and has kids, I wonder if there's trouble in paradise.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:08 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
What else is out?

I wouldn't sell it short. Movies fall off the radar with no competition on a weekly basis. This one stuck close to 60 million in week 2. Some predictions didn't have it opening that high. It's a legitimate hit.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:10 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I wouldn't sell it short. Movies fall off the radar with no competition on a weekly basis. This one stuck close to 60 million in week 2. Some predictions didn't have it opening that high. It's a legitimate hit.
I'm not, I just think it's contributory. I don't mean that it's box office success isn't warranted, just that the summer flix right now is rather paltry.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:58 PM 06-17-2017
I finally saw it.

It was damned solid. And Gadot is a fucking dime piece. Good Lord she's gorgeous

They did a good job with making her look and move like a fighter. The action was really well done, IMO. There were a couple wonky moves but nothing to take me out of it. Nothing would wreck this shit faster than to ham up the hand to hand stuff.

The story was well written also and her character arc and the end message were top shelf. Hats off.

Pine killed it. Especially when he was trying to explain how this is still shitty after she killed what she thought was Aries. Well done.

The final battle of God vs God was meh. It's getting difficult to do that well. It's just been done too much and too hard to ground it back in reality. It's totally necessary, but still didn't add much.

Go see it if you haven't.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 25
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up