ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Buyer Beware Nike Game jersey
Lprechaun 03:38 PM 08-16-2019
Just received mine, ran it in the wash without detergent per label instructions and bam, numbers peeling right off.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:15 PM 08-16-2019
I have a Chinese len dawson that they left out the o in his last name on the little Mitchell and ness tag on the lower left :-)
[Reply]
wazu 05:15 PM 08-16-2019
It's weird, but these days you can only buy the authentic ones from China.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:16 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Or you could search for that thread, I'd do it for you but it sucks from a phone
Yeah not putting forth any more effort lol. The only ones that were fully stitched are Authentic ones that are no longer made.
The point of the post was to show they had issues with the jerseys so hopefully no on else has to deal with it.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:19 PM 08-16-2019
I have a brand new Mahomes one. The Vapor Max kind. The numbers are stitched on the front anyway but I think some letter ing on the side could come off. I'm just hanging it to dry, hopefully that will do it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:22 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I bought 5 Chinese Nike knockoff stitched number and nameplate jerseys last November and they kick ass and cost $35 each. They run about 1 size smaller than advertised is the only issue.

And contrary to popular belief they have the Y stitching just like the real ones.

Whats your size? I have a medium Mahomes away jersey left over, brand new.
I can confirm this, actually. My wife bought me one off Amazon. The only thing i didn't like about it was that it didn't have the mesh on the sides. It was a knock off but even had the Nike logos etc on it. It had the "Y" stitch pattern on it too. At the time though i didn't realize the "Y" stitch pattern was a thing ( i hadn't bought a jersey in over 15 years) so i returned it.

I bought an "Official" nike Jersey off the team site and upon receiving it i instantly regretted my decision.

I like the fact that the Nike jersey had the side mesh, but honestly the patch work on the neck, name and jersey numbers were better on the knock off.

I essentially paid $60-$70 more for a jersey that was in some ways worse than the knock off.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:23 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I can confirm this, actually. My wife bought me one off Amazon. The only thing i didn't like about it was that it didn't have the mesh on the sides. It was a knock off but even had the Nike logos etc on it. It had the "Y" stitch pattern on it too. At the time though i didn't realize the "Y" stitch pattern was a thing ( i hadn't bought a jersey in over 15 years) so i returned it.

I bought an "Official" nike Jersey off the team site and upon receiving it i instantly regretted my decision.

I like the fact that the Nike jersey had the side mesh, but honestly the patch work on the neck, name and jersey numbers were better on the knock off.

I essentially paid $60-$70 more for a jersey that was in some ways worse than the knock off.
Knock offs are hit and miss on the mesh.

Funny story, the other night my son asks to see my Derrick Thomas signed shirt and as I was going through the drawer it was in a raiders Jersey comes up in line. My son flips out because he thought it was a no.4 carr Jersey. Just loses his mind thinking I had bought one.

I got it out and also got the matching royals Jersey. It was my bo Jackson.

Then we got to watch Bo highlights for a while and then somehow got to Jim brown and Barry Sanders. We had a hell of a time.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 04:47 PM 08-22-2019
HOLY CRAP!
Long story short, my father (who chased money and women leaving his family aside) just sent me a package with a jersey. My father has a long history with KC pro athletes and providing them vehicles from his dealerships.
Inside the package was a jersey with the number 31, all stitched and my last name on it. (okay not so short)
I knew from years ago one of his clients was the strength and conditioning coach Russ Ball. (now the VP and DOfO for the Packers)
Russ asked my father after receiving his vehicle if he ever wanted anything, he said a jersey. Okay, whats your favorite number. In baseball he wore 8, when he raced motocross he was 20.
Father says, 31 is cool and his name is close to mine.
Russ says consider it done see you next home game. Russ hands my father a modified game ready jersey from Kevin freaking Ross with the "R" removed and replaced with an "H" ....
Beyond Stoked! there is no comparison to the quality of those.
Side note, Kevin Ross is now a Bucs coach, going to see if I can weasel an autograph on one of his old jerseys
[Reply]
burt 05:06 PM 08-22-2019
Lprechaun,

Every time I see you post, I miss Sarasota. I had 2 awesome years there and if it weren't for a cheating ex spouse, I would still be there. I lived about a mile east of the hospital, sorta by the mall. LOL, While there, one of my neighbors walked to the Wells Fargo and robbed it! Tear gas is painful!
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:06 PM 08-22-2019
You realize you just told everyone who you really are, right?

You might want to edit that. Or maybe you dont care.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 05:14 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
You realize you just told everyone who you really are, right?

You might want to edit that. Or maybe you dont care.
Dont really care , I know some members on here personally anyways.
and Sarasota sucks ass now lol
It was a great place years ago, now its all old people and nothing to do. :-):-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:18 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by Lprechaun:
Dont really care , I know some members on here personally anyways.
and Sarasota sucks ass now lol
It was a great place years ago, now its all old people and nothing to do. :-):-)
Ok cool, some people do.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:15 PM 08-22-2019
I did, no Nike jerseys come up as stitched. None on NFL shop come up stitched except for a single Patriots Jersey and a packer old school Jersey.
Prove me wrong....
I bought a Mahomes Vaper Max Elite jersey from Fanatics 3 weeks ago and it's all stitched. You're wrong.

https://www.fanatics.com/Patrick_Mah...hoCbzUQAvD_BwE
[Reply]
Lprechaun 07:46 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I bought a Mahomes Vaper Max Elite jersey from Fanatics 3 weeks ago and it's all stitched. You're wrong.

https://www.fanatics.com/Patrick_Mah...hoCbzUQAvD_BwE
How do you like it? Wife wants to get one of these for me now instead....
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 07:54 PM 08-22-2019
How do you like it? Wife wants to get one of these for me now instead....
I'm a fan. I bought a size up from what I usually wear to give me some room for cold weather games. The sleeves are shorter than the older jerseys.

Grab yourself a 20% coupon from Fanatics before purchasing to save some coin on it.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 08:08 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I'm a fan. I bought a size up from what I usually wear to give me some room for cold weather games. The sleeves are shorter than the older jerseys.

Grab yourself a 20% coupon from Fanatics before purchasing to save some coin on it.
I ordered a large for the one I'm returning, chest size would have been right but it was 4" bigger than the max size listed.
I was swimming in it.
Hopefully the medium is quite a bit smaller.
If I can find a fanatics locally I might try one on and then order.
Glad to hear it's legit
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up