ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 95
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:21 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Huh? At what point did I say that ALL cops are shitty? I was responding to PGM saying I should try to be an inner city cop and how hard that is. That's the specific point I was responding to. I just have PGM on ignore so I didn't quote him.
Now you don't even know whos post you quoted and responded to apparently.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My post has nothing to do with cops.

There's become a belief that the entire justice system is corrupt all the way through to the legislature.

Bottom line is that there are few, if any, codified examples of unequal rights. If they exist, go challenge them. The odds are pretty long that any of us white folk that aren't doing are part would actually have STANDING to enforce them, so we can't do it.

But if there are minorities that believe there are laws on the books that, as written, discriminate against them - I'm sure there are no shortage of attorneys looking to establish a practice who will take those for free as they are typically easy cases if you come across one.

Now do there appear to be discrepancies in sentences? Yeah, there does. It's not as cut and dry when you start normalizing for repeat offenses and socioeconomic status (which has an even LOUDER inequity), but it is there.

So attack that. Now I'm honestly not sure how the elimination of mandatory minimums goes about doing that, but that seems to be where a lot of energy is going. I'd just think a bit before I did that because if there are racist/prejudiced judges who are giving black kids harsher sentences WITHIN a legally proscribed range - why do you think they'll be less harsh when you remove that proscribed range altogether? Right now the mandatory minimums are the yellow lines on a highway. Take those away and thinks could easily go sideways on you.

Instead I'd recommend some shifts in retention elections and how one goes about getting information before voting to retain. Y'know - doing your civic duty and learning some stuff before attempting to effectuate meaningful change at an individual level. Don't just vote every 4 years - get your ass out there, find out how those prejudiced judges are, and have them removed.
You’re right, it wasn’t about cops. I should’ve said the system in general.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:25 AM 06-12-2020
My post has nothing to do with cops.

There's become a belief that the entire justice system is corrupt all the way through to the legislature.

Bottom line is that there are few, if any, codified examples of unequal rights. If they exist, go challenge them. The odds are pretty long that any of us white folk that aren't doing our part would even have STANDING to enforce them, so we can't do it.

But if there are minorities that believe there are laws on the books that, as written, discriminate against them - I'm sure there are no shortage of attorneys looking to establish a practice who will take those for free as they are typically easy cases if you come across one.

Now do there appear to be discrepancies in sentences? Yeah, there does. It's not as cut and dry when you start normalizing for repeat offenses and socioeconomic status (which has an even LOUDER inequity), but it is there.

So attack that. Now I'm honestly not sure how the elimination of mandatory minimums goes about doing that, but that seems to be where a lot of energy is going. I'd just think a bit before I did that because if there are racist/prejudiced judges who are giving black kids harsher sentences WITHIN a legally proscribed range - why do you think they'll be less harsh when you remove that proscribed range altogether? Right now the mandatory minimums are the yellow lines on a highway. Take those away and things could easily go sideways on you.

Instead I'd recommend some shifts in retention elections and how one goes about getting information before voting to retain. Y'know - doing your civic duty and learning some stuff before attempting to effectuate meaningful change at an individual level. Don't just vote every 4 years - get your ass out there, find out how those prejudiced judges are, and have them removed.
The system is not equal. It is not about color though. It is clearly unequal when it comes to those who have wealth and money compared to those that do not have wealth and money. We have seen plenty of examples of that in what happens to a star football player, of any color, versus what would happen to a poor person of any color.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:28 AM 06-12-2020
Huh? At what point did I say that ALL cops are shitty? I was responding to PGM saying I should try to be an inner city cop and how hard that is. That's the specific point I was responding to. I just have PGM on ignore so I didn't quote him.
You're not doing a very good job ignoring PGM if you're responding to stuff he says, you know...
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
The system is not equal. It is not about color though. It is clearly unequal when it comes to those who have wealth and money compared to those that do not have wealth and money. We have seen plenty of examples of that in what happens to a star football player, of any color, versus what would happen to a poor person of any color.
Nail on the head. Most of the stuff that gets called racism is really about class.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:29 AM 06-12-2020

Bottom line in the USA is a fair shake in the legal system costs money.....a lot of it.
If you don't have the kind on money it takes to hire an attorney you are screwed.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:31 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nail on the head. Most of the stuff that gets called racism is really about class.
Now we found something we can agree about....
[Reply]
-King- 11:31 AM 06-12-2020
Now you don't even know whos post you quoted and responded to apparently.
Wtf are you talking about? I didn't quote anyone in that post. I responded to the PGM post right before it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:32 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You're not doing a very good job ignoring PGM if you're responding to stuff he says, you know...
Moment of weakness lol.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:33 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I am still trying to figure out why he quoted me and then claimed it was in response to PGM that he has on ignore.
I think someone needs to hear from Red Foreman.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:35 AM 06-12-2020
Fucking pathetic :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:37 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Alright im here. Which one of you cowardy custards wants to go a round of fisticuffs with me?
Accidental thumbs down.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:37 AM 06-12-2020
It was over before the clown responded.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM 06-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
How about an enthusiastic round of rock, paper, scissors? I'm not much of a fisticuffer.
Damn. Again accident thumbs down.
[Reply]
-King- 11:39 AM 06-12-2020
I am still trying to figure out why he quoted me and then claimed it was in response to PGM that he has on ignore.
I think someone needs to hear from Red Foreman.
What are you talking about?

[Reply]
Page 84 of 95
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Up