ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3890 of 3903
« First < 2890339037903840388038863887388838893890 38913892389338943900 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 07:50 PM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Just vaccination. The BS thing about it was Merriflield basically said he would get vaxxed if he played for a team that had to go to Canada for playoffs. Big F U to the royals.
You sound like an overweight wife.

"I can't believe you said that I need to lose weight!"
"Well you do. I don't love you any less but we both know that you need to."
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:01 AM 07-21-2022
Tested positive for COVID this morning. Felt just a bit of sinus congestion yesterday morning, but it cleared up fairly quickly and it isn't unusual for me this time of year.

Yesterday afternoon about 4:30 I started having a pounding headache, took a Tylenol,, and started feeling slightly worse as the evening progressed. Mostly pressure in my head and then a low grade fever. Went bed about 8:30 and woke up shivering uncontrollably at 10:30 with a fever at 101.9. Added an extra blanket and covered up and fell back asleep waking up at 1:30 feeling really really hot. Took my temp again and it was 102.9. Took another Tylenol, was really hungry so I ate a banana, and then fell back asleep without any covers. Woke up again this morning about 4:30 and mostly feel fine. Just a slight feeling of pressure in my sinuses. Fever is 100.9.

Feeling better the longer I'm up, so hoping it continues this way.
[Reply]
chinaski 05:07 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Tested positive for COVID this morning. Felt just a bit of sinus congestion yesterday morning, but it cleared up fairly quickly and it isn't unusual for me this time of year.

Yesterday afternoon about 4:30 I started having a pounding headache, took a Tylenol,, and started feeling slightly worse as the evening progressed. Mostly pressure in my head and then a low grade fever. Went bed about 8:30 and woke up shivering uncontrollably at 10:30 with a fever at 101.9. Added an extra blanket and covered up and fell back asleep waking up at 1:30 feeling really really hot. Took my temp again and it was 102.9. Took another Tylenol, was really hungry so I ate a banana, and then fell back asleep without any covers. Woke up again this morning about 4:30 and mostly feel fine. Just a slight feeling of pressure in my sinuses. Fever is 100.9.

Feeling better the longer I'm up, so hoping it continues this way.
Get better! My fever hovered in the 102 range for about 3-4 days, and seemed to get worse at night. Had night sweats as well. Sheets were soaked. Gross.

Mine was more upper respiratory, still dealing with a small cough few weeks later.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:18 AM 07-21-2022
My fever has now dropped to 99.4 and I haven't had any pain reliever since 1:30am. I'm amazed at how well I feel considering how badly I felt last night/over night.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 07:00 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Get better! My fever hovered in the 102 range for about 3-4 days, and seemed to get worse at night. Had night sweats as well. Sheets were soaked. Gross.

Mine was more upper respiratory, still dealing with a small cough few weeks later.
My cough lingered for quite some time. Also, sorry, I accidentally down voted while scrolling.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:01 AM 07-21-2022
My daughter who was on the Covid unit since the beginning and never got Covid just got it last week. She said it was awful and almost went to the hospital because her oxygen got below 90. She is young and fully vaccinated so now I am back to worrying about covid. Been hearing more of this from fully vaccinated co workers as well who just had a terrible experience so this new variant must be a real bitch.

Since I am tad over 50 going to get my 2nd booster tomorrow I think. Maybe mix it up and get Moderna.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:08 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
My daughter who was on the Covid unit since the beginning and never got Covid just got it last week. She said it was awful and almost went to the hospital because her oxygen got below 90. She is young and fully vaccinated so now I am back to worrying about covid. Been hearing more of this from fully vaccinated co workers as well who just had a terrible experience so this new variant must be a real bitch.

Since I am tad over 50 going to get my 2nd booster tomorrow I think. Maybe mix it up and get Moderna.
The dominant variant, B5, doesn't care about prior infection immunity from even the B3 variant or vaccination immunity.

Just had a bunch of coworkers who went to a convention in Florida who all had four shots come back really sick with COVID.
[Reply]
O.city 07:09 AM 07-21-2022
Wife and one of the kids had it a few weeks ago. Wife had had 2 shots and covid back in January.

Me and the boys didn't get it that we know of. I had covid back in January.

Who knows. Take care of yourselves.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:11 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wife and one of the kids had it a few weeks ago. Wife had had 2 shots and covid back in January.

Me and the boys didn't get it that we know of. I had covid back in January.

Who knows. Take care of yourselves.
My wife had it beginning of June, but no one else in the house got it from her.
[Reply]
TLO 07:41 AM 07-21-2022
The dominant variant, B5, doesn't care about prior infection immunity from even the B3 variant or vaccination immunity.

Just had a bunch of coworkers who went to a convention in Florida who all had four shots come back really sick with COVID.
That's not entirely true..

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.22277448v1

Originally Posted by :
Effectiveness of a previous pre-Omicron infection against symptomatic BA.4/BA.5 reinfection was 15.1% (95% CI: -47.1-50.9%), and against any BA.4/BA.5 reinfection irrespective of symptoms was 28.3% (95% CI: 11.4-41.9%). Effectiveness of a previous Omicron infection against symptomatic BA.4/BA.5 reinfection was 76.1% (95% CI: 54.9-87.3%), and against any BA.4/BA.5 reinfection was 79.7% (95% CI: 74.3-83.9%). Results using all diagnosed infections when BA.4/BA.5 dominated incidence confirmed the same findings. Sensitivity analyses adjusting for vaccination status confirmed study results. Protection of a previous infection against BA.4/BA.5 reinfection was modest when the previous infection involved a pre-Omicron variant, but strong when the previous infection involved the Omicron BA.1 or BA.2 subvariants.
Qatar is an interesting study though. Their population is quite young. This may not translate well to everywhere else.
[Reply]
TLO 07:43 AM 07-21-2022
My fever has now dropped to 99.4 and I haven't had any pain reliever since 1:30am. I'm amazed at how well I feel considering how badly I felt last night/over night.
Glad your fever broke quickly. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:43 AM 07-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hank Hill:
That's not entirely true..

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.22277448v1

Qatar is an interesting study though. Their population is quite young. This may not translate well to everywhere else.
15.1%? That's not very good.

Misread that, sorry. 79.7% is pretty darn good. Though I wonder about it since they've said otherwise on the nightly news and other sources I've read.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:44 AM 07-21-2022
Glad your fever broke quickly. Hopefully you'll be back to 100% soon
I had a brief sweat about the time I woke up. Haven't checked on temp, but headache is basically non-existent right now, and no pain reliever since 1:30am.
[Reply]
TLO 07:47 AM 07-21-2022
15.1%? That's not very good.
That's for a pre Omicron infection. Delta, The OG strain, etc.

80% protection against a previous Omicron infection. And that's vs a symptomatic infection. That's quite good.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:57 AM 07-21-2022
That's for a pre Omicron infection. Delta, The OG strain, etc.

80% protection against a previous Omicron infection. And that's vs a symptomatic infection. That's quite good.
Yeah, I edited my post after you quoted me.
[Reply]
Page 3890 of 3903
« First < 2890339037903840388038863887388838893890 38913892389338943900 > Last »
Up