ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 301
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:36 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It's taken all of three weeks for this thread to be totally devoid of good content.

Way to go, clowns.
The posters in the thread or the organization?
[Reply]
thebrad84 09:03 AM 04-12-2019
So I was watching the game via game cast yesterday and just assumed Boxberger gave up the lead on a legit triple to center, but there was nothing legit about it. Hamilton flat out dropped that ball. That was about a routine for a center fielder as it gets. Bad teams find ways to lose games..
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:35 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by thebrad84:
So I was watching the game via game cast yesterday and just assumed Boxberger gave up the lead on a legit triple to center, but there was nothing legit about it. Hamilton flat out dropped that ball. That was about a routine for a center fielder as it gets. Bad teams find ways to lose games..
Baloney. He put 2 guys on and gave up a blast that ran Hamilton to the wall, where he crashed into it. Don’t let Boxberger avoid the blame, it’s 100% on him
[Reply]
thebrad84 09:43 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Baloney. He put 2 guys on and gave up a blast that ran Hamilton to the wall, where he crashed into it. Don’t let Boxberger avoid the blame, it’s 100% on him
Not necessarily absolving Boxberger for the situation, but Hamilton misplayed that ball. He tensed up and braced for impact with the wall, thinking he was closer to the wall than he actually was. He only crashed in to the wall unnecessarily after he botched the catch. It was a pathetic attempt for a major league center fielder.
[Reply]
Grit for Brains 09:58 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Draft note:

The Royals are being connected more to Cal 1B (May be able to play LF or 3B) Andrew Vaughn, which is a great thing IMO.

Vaughn’s college career tracks nicely with Kris Bryant’s, though Vaughn has fewer swing and miss tendencies.

This is critical. Vaughn and Oregon St C Adley Rutschman are separating hemselves as a clear top 2 in this draft. Vaughn is not a traditional toolsy Royals choice, but he can rake. There’s uncertainty on whether the O’s will tAke Rutschman 1st overall due to his position, but if they do, Vaughn is a clear #2.

I expect Rutschman to be a top 30 prospect in baseball as soon as he’s drafted. Vaughn is probably more likely a 50-100 guy.
Nice. What's the deal with Bobby Witt Jr? Thought he was fairly solid 1st pick.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:23 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by Grit for Brains:
Nice. What's the deal with Bobby Witt Jr? Thought he was fairly solid 1st pick.

He’s a HS guy, so more volatile than college players.

Main knocks are that he is old for his class and his hit tool has some questions. Athleticism and power and speed are legit.

He’s actually very similar in profile/risk to Bubba Starling (except Witt grew up in a warm weather state and has played a lot more baseball).
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 11:33 AM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
GMDM should have taken the Braves job.
At the time I was scared to death that would happen.

Now I agree with you.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 12:11 PM 04-12-2019
He’s a HS guy, so more volatile than college players.

Main knocks are that he is old for his class and his hit tool has some questions. Athleticism and power and speed are legit.

He’s actually very similar in profile/risk to Bubba Starling (except Witt grew up in a warm weather state and has played a lot more baseball).
No thanks. With our recent failures I want nothing to do with anything that remotely resembles Bubba Starling.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:45 PM 04-12-2019
Duncan,

Royals moving to Vegas?
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 12:57 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Duncan,

Royals moving to Vegas?
Betcha they'll have better attendance out there.

:-)
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:56 PM 04-12-2019

Tonight’s lineup. pic.twitter.com/fdDKCcqKzU

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) April 12, 2019

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:00 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Duncan,

Royals moving to Vegas?

What makes you think that?

The Rays would be the first candidate to move if a team was moving. Then the A’s.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:02 PM 04-12-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
No thanks. With our recent failures I want nothing to do with anything that remotely resembles Bubba Starling.

He resembles him in that he’s a freakish athlete who is old for his class and has elite speed, power, and defensive ability, with a very, very high ceiling.

Biggest difference is Witt is a one-sport guy from an area that plays a ton of baseball. He’s got a lot more experience than Starling.

I’m still team Vaughn/Rutschman at this point. But if I were picking third, Witt would be my best bet.

After those two, he’s the next-bet bet to be a true star.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:31 PM 04-12-2019
What makes you think that?

The Rays would be the first candidate to move if a team was moving. Then the A’s.
Read a “confidential “ Amazon HQ2/WSJ report. Senators from Missouri have report.
[Reply]
Jerok 04:46 PM 04-12-2019
Going to the Royals game, it will be my 4 1/2 month old daughter's first Royals game. We'll be in aisle seats near home dugout. I fully expect a win today, damnit.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 301
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up