ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
In Memoriam>Fire Me Boy! has passed away
luv 08:11 AM 03-02-2020
His wife posted the news on his Facebook a little earlier this morning. I know that he will be missed by many on here, especially the foodies.

FMB was one of the first people to really welcome me on here when I first joined and started posting regularly. I never met him in person, but he was one great guy and a fellow grammar Nazi. :-)

I'm sure his wife would appreciate any thoughts or prayers.

RIP, Fire Me Boy!

PART OF OBITUARY THAT LEAVES OUT PEOPLE'S NAMES AND CHANGES HIS TO FMB:

FMB, 41, died suddenly Monday morning, March 2, 2020, at his home of an apparent heart attack. [PERSONAL INFO]
[EARLIER EDUCATION] He attended then-Central Methodist College before transferring to then-Central Missouri State University, where he received his bachelor’s degree in broadcast and film, with a minor in vocal music.
[WORK HISTORY] He continued to work there until becoming disabled last summer.
He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet. FMB also was a photographer.[LIST WIFE OF 17 YEARS AND OTHER SURVIVORS]
[SERVICE INFO]
Memorial contributions may be made in his memory to the American Diabetes Association or the National Kidney Foundation.
[Reply]
ROYC75 09:35 AM 03-04-2020
Awh crap, RIP FMB!

If any family is here reading, my condolences.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:09 AM 03-04-2020
RIP and Godspeed FMB.
[Reply]
CrazyPhuD 11:17 AM 03-04-2020
Awww damn it! RIP FMB! :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:05 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Also from his obit:

He was a Kansas City Chief’s fan when it wasn’t popular and from his home helped cheer the Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in his lifetime. He was a foodie often seen on Chief’s Planet.
Super glad he was able to enjoy the big game from home
[Reply]
luv 01:05 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Super glad he was able to enjoy the big game from home
Also from his obit, he died from an apparent heart attack. I know he'd been in the hospital recently for other things, but it sounds like this was unexpected.
[Reply]
scho63 01:22 PM 03-04-2020
Also from his obit, he died from an apparent heart attack. I know he'd been in the hospital recently for other things, but it sounds like this was unexpected.
Diabetes causes heart attacks. My best friend had one about 7-8 months ago and then they discovered he had diabetes that they say was the cause.

Just sad all the way around for his family.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:06 PM 03-04-2020
It was my pleasure to have interacted with FMB over the years. His skill at and enthusiasm for cooking were impressive and enjoyable. My thoughts go out to his wife and loved ones.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:16 PM 03-04-2020
There are worse ways to go. It can be hard on the loved ones though. RIP
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:31 PM 03-04-2020
Wow, he must’ve had a terribly severe case for it to stress out his other organs like that... rest in peace
[Reply]
srvy 06:19 PM 03-04-2020
Damn just now seeing this :-) RIP FMB I have no words:-)

I always enjoyed his food posts was such a wealth of knowledge that will truly be missed. I hope your wife and loved ones can find comfort in their loss. It a relief to know he was able to watch his chiefs win the Superbowl. This place will be very different without you in the cooking threads.

God's speed in your journey.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:41 PM 03-04-2020
Yeah. I say we get started on this. But I don't want to be responsible for the collection of money. Any volunteers? DaFace did awesome with the ticket money. :-)
If there's a good reason to coordinate I'd be happy to do so, but it seems like it'd be easier for people to just donate directly.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:21 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Diabetes causes heart attacks. My best friend had one about 7-8 months ago and then they discovered he had diabetes that they say was the cause.

Just sad all the way around for his family.
So far this year three people I know have suffered heart attacks. Two survived, one didn't. The guy who didn't survive was a type 1 diabetic.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:38 AM 03-05-2020
Damn. The food just got even better in heaven with all those tips he’s bringing with him! RIP FMB!!!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:12 AM 03-05-2020
O.M.G. I missed this, had no idea he was seriously ill-- except that I knew he had some kind of kidney disease that was well under control. He wasn't even that old either. Very sad to hear this.

R.I.P. FMB.
[Reply]
luv 01:00 PM 03-05-2020
Updated OP with obit sans personal identifying info.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 20
« First < 61213141516 17181920 >
Up