ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Washington DC and The Holy Land>NY Governor Cuomo to receive Emmy Award for his virus briefings
SuperBowl4 04:19 PM 11-21-2020
A STAR IS BORN! http://youtu.be/uW9DRhjPOD8
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:24 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penchief:
Doesn't bother me one bit. I'm grateful as hell that a vaccine was developed under his watch. Not that it wouldn't have been under another president but who knows, so yes he deserves credit.

I give the doctors and the treatment he received credit for him beating it so quickly. Treatment not available to the rest of America, by the way. But if you look back on that thread you'll find that I was NOT rooting for Covid. In fact, I was very concerned about what would happen if he didn't recover. But feel free to continue misrepresenting my positions.

But none of that exonerates him from the damage he inflicted on this country by intentionally flaunting his disregard for proper safety protocol. By politicizing it he further divided this nation intentionally, and was directly responsible for unnecessary death and suffering. He knew he had a cult-like following that would heed his every command without thinking one bit about the consequences to themselves or their families, friends, and community.
His style, at a time when it was sorely needed because "PC" had/has become too important, was fine. Where I agree with him, then and now, is that killing the economy wasn't an option. And that's exactly what your side of the aisle keeps avoiding. But that has nothing to do with Gov. Borat getting his leg lamp..
[Reply]
penchief 03:56 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
His style, at a time when it was sorely needed because "PC" had/has become too important, was fine. Where I agree with him, then and now, is that killing the economy wasn't an option. And that's exactly what your side of the aisle keeps avoiding. But that has nothing to do with Gov. Borat getting his leg lamp..
But as a leader he could have, and should have, done both. I believe this will be Biden's approach. Do your part to keep the economy open and save lives.

But instead, Trump intentionally politicized it with the goal of dividing the country. That's who he was and that's why so many people were tired of his shit.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:03 PM Yesterday
A politician getting an Emmy for public speaking is peak irony.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:07 PM Yesterday
REEEEEEEEEEEE!

That's kinda fun.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:15 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by penchief:
But as a leader he could have, and should have, done both. I believe this will be Biden's approach. Do your part to keep the economy open and save lives.
I intend to, that's why I want my stimulus check, I want to use it to buy some COVID-related items. The more they send me the more I can help.

Originally Posted by penchief:
But instead, Trump intentionally politicized it with the goal of trying to divide the country. That's who he was and that's why so many people were tired of his shit.
I approve of that. And where were you complaints of that being done when Obama was doing the exact same thing? You might have liked what Barry was pushing for, but it was 100% dividing the country.

So I'm all for a deeply divided country, at some point it'll pay dividends.
[Reply]
fan4ever 04:54 PM Yesterday
Emmy for daytime drama? Is it in a best actor category?
[Reply]
eDave 05:23 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by 2112:
But not a good job governing. Maybe he should run for press secretary next time.
They do not give out Emmy's for best governing nor do you need to "run" for press secretary. Goof.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:38 PM Yesterday
Cuomo was awarded an Emmy from the International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, which is different than Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:38 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Emmy for daytime drama? Is it in a best actor category?
Is there a "Hoax Pandemic" category, or does "hoax pandemic" fall under comedy?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up