ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Holiday Plans
HonestChieffan 08:27 PM 11-11-2020
With this bullshit election and covid, we need to move on to the Holiday season.

Whats everyone doing for Thanksgiving?

Looks like we will be very traditional and have a great family Thanksgiving and sort of doing plans for like a Saturday after Thanksgiving get together with friends to just say screw Covid.

Christmas planning is holding off till after Thanksgiving then its on 100%
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:56 AM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
You are a Patriot and a fine example for all! Carol on and sing loud and free

Last evening I was sitting in my office, writing yet ANOTHER chapter in my book and I heard a commotion downstairs. Both kids and their 6 Grandchildren were charging into the house - chaos ensued.... the good kind of chaos!

So now, the house is full. The talking over each over is happening. There are no masks, no hand sanitizer, no outward "precautions". Son and I made a beer run later for tonights game (Go Chiefs!) and wore masks within the confines of the liquor store, yanked them off as soon as we left the store.

Now, when it comes to the point where we are "required" to don masks every time we open the door - then, we will have a problem. Until that point, however, there will only be masks when I am around the public (store, Church, etc).

Happy Holidays every one!!!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:14 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Last evening I was sitting in my office, writing yet ANOTHER chapter in my book and I heard a commotion downstairs. Both kids and their 6 Grandchildren were charging into the house - chaos ensued.... the good kind of chaos!

So now, the house is full. The talking over each over is happening. There are no masks, no hand sanitizer, no outward "precautions". Son and I made a beer run later for tonights game (Go Chiefs!) and wore masks within the confines of the liquor store, yanked them off as soon as we left the store.

Now, when it comes to the point where we are "required" to don masks every time we open the door - then, we will have a problem. Until that point, however, there will only be masks when I am around the public (store, Church, etc).

I envy your chaos. With good fortune none of you will come down with the virus...ill listen to the game via radio tonight.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:20 PM 11-22-2020

Happy Holidays to you too Randall. And to all on CP!!

We are also going down to our second home where we will meet with our kids and their families for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see the little ones. There will be about 12 all told.

We will be as safe as possible. They have had their families tested.............so we should be good!

Mrs. theoldcoach is like a kid with a new puppy!!! She can't wait to see those little ones.

May God Bless and keep everyone on here safe!!!

See you all after Thanksgiving.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:24 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:

We are also going down to our second home where we will meet with our kids and their families for Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see the little ones. There will be about 12 all told.

We will be as safe as possible. They have had their families tested.............so we should be good!

Mrs. theoldcoach is like a kid with a new puppy!!! She can't wait to see those little ones.

Sounds like "Over the River and through the woods!!!"
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:33 PM 11-22-2020
Sounds like "Over the River and through the woods!!!"
Yep. They are all coming to Grandmother's house. And trust me.......Grandma is flittering around whistling a happy tune.

Grandpa??? Well I'm just staying the hell out of her way!

Happy Thanksgiving HonestChieffan!
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:39 PM 11-22-2020
Smart move! :-)

Nothing more annoying than pestering the main cook of a holiday meal.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:42 PM 11-22-2020
Yep. They are all coming to Grandmother's house. And trust me.......Grandma is flittering around whistling a happy tune.

Happy Thanksgiving HonestChieffan!
Rich and blessed in the best possible way

Have a great time!
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:51 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Smart move! :-)

Nothing more annoying than pestering the main cook of a holiday meal.
I've learned lots of lessons in life. And that is certainly one!

Happy Thanksgiving BucEyedPea!
[Reply]
theoldcoach 12:53 PM 11-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Rich and blessed in the best possible way

Have a great time!
Thank you stevieray. God has blessed me in so many ways. Much more so than I ever deserved!

Happy Thanksgiving!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:05 PM 11-22-2020

Good on you, Brother!! Here's to you and yours having the greatest Holidays ever! My Wife nearly peed herself when everyone showed up! She was like a young 'un all over again!

God bless everyone on CP! Good luck for a better New Year!!
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:08 PM 11-22-2020
I envy your chaos. With good fortune none of you will come down with the virus...ill listen to the game via radio tonight.

I learned a long, long time ago that if we sit around and wait to die, die we will....

Me? I've come too damned close a number of times to biting the bullet, that I just don't worry about it any longer. My family is the same way. Live our lives. Let the cards fall where they may.

One day we'll all die - but damnit - NOT today!! Happy Holidays!!
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 03:31 PM 11-22-2020
I learned a long, long time ago that if we sit around and wait to die, die we will....

Me? I've come too damned close a number of times to biting the bullet, that I just don't worry about it any longer. My family is the same way. Live our lives. Let the cards fall where they may.

One day we'll all die - but damnit - NOT today!! Happy Holidays!!

[Reply]
stevieray 03:34 PM 11-22-2020
Thank you stevieray. God has blessed me in so many ways. Much more so than I ever deserved!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Amen!

Funny how much that is made more obvious to us as we get older!

Happy Thanksgiving!
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up