ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>9/11 Changed us all.
HonestChieffan 07:50 AM 09-11-2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:01 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Take a phone book worth of “leads” and filter out what’s credible. Hindsight is always 20/20, stop 99% and staple that last 1% to your forehead for the rest of your life.
Yea, can you imagine being one of those guys that looked at the intel pointing towards 9/11 and came to the conclusion "not credible" for any number of valid reasons and filed it away? There is bottle of whiskey and a .45 waiting for you.
[Reply]
Pogue 08:02 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
I think the failings were on us (military). Service leadership cultural style conflicts, SECDEF (administration-ok-direct guidance but his role) CENTCOM trying to show Northern Alliances could fight for their country, etc.

SOCOM as a supporting Command role being pushed hard, no TSOC SOCOM Command structure then. Some of the then friction besides the terrain and enemy in Tora Bora

Again from Jim’s book. He Commanded TF58 then:

“My view is a bit different. We in the military missed the opportunity, not the President, who properly deferred to his senior military commander on how to carry out the mission. Looking at myself, perhaps I hadn’t invested the time...

...When you are engaged at the tactical level, you grasp your own reality so clearly it’s tempting to assume that everyone above you sees it in the same light. Wrong. When you’re the senior commander in a deployed force, time spent sharing your appreciation of the situation on the ground with your seniors is like time spent on reconnaissance: it’s seldom wasted. If I had it to do over again...

...In his memoir, General Franks explained why he chose not to employ my Marines. “We don’t want to repeat the Soviets’ mistakes,” he wrote. “There’s nothing to be gained by blundering around those mountains and gorges with armor battalions chasing a lightly armed enemy.

I didn’t have armor; I had fast-moving light infantry and Bob Harward’s Special Forces, all heliborne, reinforced by agile wheeled light armored vehicles. By closing off the mountain passes with overwatch teams and then attacking with well-supported infantry, we were ready to squeeze Al Qaeda in a vise.

Here is how the White House correspondent for The New York Times described what happened: “Hank Crumpton, who was leading the CIA’s operations in Afghanistan, brought his concerns to the White House, imploring Bush to send the marines to block escape routes…. Bush deferred to Franks…. In his desire to let the military call the shots, Bush had missed the best opportunity of his entire presidency to catch America’s top enemy.”
I don’t recall but did this info get out in the 2004 elections?
[Reply]
Pogue 08:06 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea, can you imagine being one of those guys that looked at the intel pointing towards 9/11 and came to the conclusion "not credible" for any number of valid reasons and filed it away? There is bottle of whiskey and a .45 waiting for you.
The CIA and FBI couldn’t share data because of an old Clinton policy under the direction of Jamie Gorelick. While they were on a watch and being monitored, nobody could piece it together.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:09 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
The CIA and FBI couldn’t share data because of an old Clinton policy under the direction of Jamie Gorelick. While they were on a watch and being monitored, nobody could piece it together.
Oh yea I am aware, its what created the DNI.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:16 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Pogue:
Yes and no, there’s always been communicating but in “unofficial” channels. The CIA is hesitant to share with anyone not CIA, communication within the intel community as a whole is (or was) almost frowned upon.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:17 PM 09-11-2019
I learned if the first plane on this site....I saw the second hit on tv. I was so angry. We should dig up the thread from that day sometime.

I saw the footage this morning and was boardeline pissed off all day today.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 08:25 PM 09-11-2019
I was in my Fortress of Solitude knocking out my last set on the bench when the wife...."come here you need to see this" I could tell..."wait til I finish"...wasn't going to work so I got up and jogged into the den to see what was going on.

Like most my first thought was just a plane crash, as we know that didn't last long.

Prior to 9/11 I had no real thoughts about the Middle East, Islam, Muslims, The Quran, yep, simply didn't care, well that was 22 books ago. I had to educate myself on a world that obviously screwed up so I did. Real easy to see why all the violence.

Christians get all that violence we find in The Bible happened in another time another world and has nothing to do with todays world, well that isn't Islam. There are TONS ....PUNISH...KILL...FIRE...PUNISH...found in the Quran, try going three pages with nothing about violence, it can't be done. And that is as now as it was back in the days of Muhammad.

I have this theory that if those people had more going on in life maybe things wouldn't be so doom and gloom. There is no Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, no NBA, no Texas vs Oklahoma, no NFL, no......can ya smell what The Rock is cooking? Now add how women are treated.....actually saw a female sprinter from one of those Islamic countries trying to run in all that gard they wrap up in.....sheesh~~~
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:31 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I’m at a 9/11 charity golf event at Lionsgate. They have a wall of photos of all the Kansans killed in service since then. There are a lot of young faces.

I’ll keep my political commentary off this thread. We all tossed an extra $100 into the hat for the raffle which surely will be better than the 100 I gave Trump.
I debunked this long ago. Stop lying.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:39 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Wow, trolls in a 9 /11 thread?

Some people really have no souls.
Is this where you pretend to have never seen taco john’s 911 inside job thread?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:45 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I debunked this long ago. Stop lying.
:-)

I love terrorizing your dumb ass.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:55 PM 09-11-2019

This commercial aired once. I think it should air every year on this date for obvious reasons. https://t.co/zl5wibTe7O

— Mitchell Blair (@mblairYQR) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
Al Bundy 08:59 PM 09-11-2019

Firefighters performed a haka in New Zealand to honor first responders who died on September 11.

Three chiefs from the New York Fire Department attended the commemoration. pic.twitter.com/PKZH7lxzrS

— AJ+ (@ajplus) September 12, 2019

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:00 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Liar.
I’m a patriot, bro.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:24 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
All of that...
[Reply]
Flying High D 06:31 AM 09-12-2019
Someone said something

When Muslims are in the minority they are very concerned with minority rights, when they are in the majority there are no minority rights
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up