ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bernie: under fire for remarks on population control
Prison Bitch 11:28 AM 09-06-2019
I’m definitely “feelin the Bern” now. He’s spot on here:

Sanders under fire for remarks on population control

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) has came under fire from conservatives on social media Thursday after he said he would be open to discussing population control as a means to combat climate change.

The presidential candidate made the comments on Wednesday at a climate town hall on CNN after he was asked by an attendee about rising populations and how the planet "can not sustain this growth."

The questioner, identified by CNN as a teacher named Martha Readyoff, said that she realized linking population control to climate was a topic "poisonous for politicians, but it's crucial to face."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lation-control

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:57 PM 09-07-2019
Yeah, I figured you wouldn’t show me.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 01:54 PM 09-09-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Yeah, I figured you wouldn’t show me.
This isn't anything that I've seen recently, on the internet or elsewhere. Like I said, the last time I recall seeing a chart like this was at the Aquarium of the Pacific (years ago, when the kids were small, and we used to go a lot.)

I recall the really dire estimates in the 70s and 80s. Which made sense, at that time. At the peak of population growth, in the 60s and 70s, the fertility rate was close to five. You could see how it would be very easy to come up with catastrophic population projections based upon every generation doubling in size relative to the generation before.

But you are correct, the UN projections don't appear to have inaccuracies on that scale.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up