ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
scho63 03:38 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Can't Buy Me Love (1987): I crushed on Patrick Dempsey before he became "Patrick Dempsey"
Very underrated Teen flick and I enjoyed it even as a guy.

Anther one very similar was "Mischief" from 1985 with Doug McKeon, Chris Nash, Catherine Mary Stewart and Kelly Preston. This movie is pretty infamous for Kelly Preston being completely nude and showing full frontal, including a very full hairy blonde beaver. (Not that you're into that sort of thing.) :-)
[Reply]
scho63 03:49 AM 08-27-2019
Another two movies I haven't seen in a long while and VERY different:

"Logan's Run" (1976) starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan, Roscoe Lee Browne, Farrah Fawcett, and Peter Ustinov. I had a mini-crush on Jenny Agutter back in the day.

"Freeway" (1996) starring Reese Witherspoon, Brooke Shields and Keifer Sutherland. Reese Witherspoon delivers an incredible nasty performance in this.
[Reply]
Kman34 07:06 AM 08-27-2019
Grand Prix 1966.. has some of the greatest driving scenes I have ever seen..
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:02 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Otter:
"Requiem for a Dream" was always my go to movie for when I became in the I want to be movie scared mood. I could pretty much watch any scary movie ever made, shake it off in 3 minutes but that one kind of sticks with you.

And Jennifer Connlley in her prime! :-)

"Memento" had a pretty creepy vibe to it as well.
I have Requiem for a Dream and Memento both on my DVR right now. I started recording my favorites about a year ago, I've got all the premium channels in HD on Directv. I've got about 60 of my favorites recorded so far.

The director of Requiem Darren Aronofsky is either hit or miss. He also did Black Swam and The Wrestler, which are two more favorites, but some of his others are really terrible. The soundtrack to Requiem helped make that film, no songs but an actual theme. Kind of the same way Taxi Driver and the bluesy jazzy soundtrack added the right atmosphere.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:47 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:

"Logan's Run" (1976) starring Michael York, Jenny Agutter, Richard Jordan, Roscoe Lee Browne, Farrah Fawcett, and Peter Ustinov. I had a mini-crush on Jenny Agutter back in the day.

"Freeway" (1996) starring Reese Witherspoon, Brooke Shields and Keifer Sutherland. Reese Witherspoon delivers an incredible nasty performance in this.
The Jenny Agutter reference reminded me of another old movie I haven't seen in years - American Werewolf in London. Awesome flick.
[Reply]
scho63 11:10 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The Jenny Agutter reference reminded me of another old movie I haven't seen in years - American Werewolf in London. Awesome flick.
Oh shit that's a great one and I haven't heard that movie mentioned in years!

POS REP for you my friend. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 11:14 AM 08-27-2019
Here's a couple more oldies but goodies:

Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai (1999) Forrest Whitaker kicks ass

King of New York (1990) Christopher Walken is 'da bomb
[Reply]
Frazod 11:35 AM 08-27-2019
Oh shit that's a great one and I haven't heard that movie mentioned in years!

POS REP for you my friend. :-)
American Werewolf came out when I was in high school. I went to see it with my girlfriend and another female friend, who sat on either side of me. I had already seen it a couple of days earlier, so I knew where the scary parts were and didn't flinch, while both of them clung to me for most of the movie. Meanwhile, a bunch of my buddies were seated a couple of rows behind me without dates. That was a fun night. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:37 AM 08-27-2019
I just saw Four Weddings and a Funeral Again on Netflix, because I forgot what it was about. ( besides there were 4 weddings and a funeral and Hugh Grant was in it)

The Wizard of Oz.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:39 PM 08-27-2019

Jenny Agutter was also in The Eagle Has Landed that I mentioned earlier. I thought she was pretty cute at the time. And then eventually I saw Logan’s Run and my infatuation grew significantly.
[Reply]
lcarus 04:47 PM 08-27-2019
American Werewolf came out when I was in high school. I went to see it with my girlfriend and another female friend, who sat on either side of me. I had already seen it a couple of days earlier, so I knew where the scary parts were and didn't flinch, while both of them clung to me for most of the movie. Meanwhile, a bunch of my buddies were seated a couple of rows behind me without dates. That was a fun night. :-)
When I was in high school we saw American Werewolf in Paris in 98 at the Olathe dollar theater. Shit movie. Good times.

The first one was so much better.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:56 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Jenny Agutter was also in The Eagle Has Landed that I mentioned earlier. I thought she was pretty cute at the time. And then eventually I saw Logan’s Run and my infatuation grew significantly.
Yeah, she had no problem showing the goods. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 05:56 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
When I was in high school we saw American Werewolf in Paris in 98 at the Olathe dollar theater. Shit movie. Good times.

The first one was so much better.
Never saw it. Heard it sucked, didn't want it to diminish how much I liked the first one. Much like Arthur 2 and Alien 3, it does not exist in my world.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:59 PM 08-27-2019
Yeah, she had no problem showing the goods. :-)
Given that, American Werewolf is on the list of movies I still haven’t gotten around to seeing... so is there a reason I should bump it in priority?
[Reply]
Frazod 06:05 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Given that, American Werewolf is on the list of movies I still haven’t gotten around to seeing... so is there a reason I should bump it in priority?
Sure. It's a great movie. Obviously the special effects may seem dated to you at this point, but at the time they were ground breaking. IIRC, Rick Baker won an Oscar for the make-up effects. It's also funny as hell when it's not being scary as hell, is very well written, and has a great cast. I'll never understood why David Naughton didn't become a big star. I think you'd really enjoy it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up