ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Netflix: The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
Sure-Oz 10:33 AM 05-30-2019
Wow. They really nailed this prequel series. Just watched the movie the other day.

https://youtu.be/zSV42j8lccg
[Reply]
listopencil 12:57 AM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
It’s incredibly well done, and that’s hardly just my opinion.

Edit: okay, in hindsight this may be about the original movie and not the current series. The current series is incredibly well done. The original was creative, unique, and had a great score, but I wouldn’t argue that it was a cinematic achievement of any kind. I certainly was the right age and right type for it to be an instant classic with me though.
The original movie was one of my favorites. I have it on DVD. I watched it with my kids several times. But the first 45 minutes of the first episode was bad enough to turn me off of the entire series for good. It's a kiddie show.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:13 AM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The original movie was one of my favorites. I have it on DVD. I watched it with my kids several times. But the first 45 minutes of the first episode was bad enough to turn me off of the entire series for good. It's a kiddie show.
Well you’ll be doing yourself a real disservice if you continue with that belief. It’s certainly no more kiddie than the original and I’d think it’s even less so with the murder, torture, and suicide that is in this one. I’d suggest watching the first 3 episodes before making that decision so you don’t miss out on an incredible fantasy series. It’s certainly better than that garbage Carnival Row, but maybe fantasy isn’t really your thing, I don’t know.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:06 PM 09-08-2019
Carnival Row was not garbage, at all. I get that you like this, but trashing something else doesn't make it look any better.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:02 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Carnival Row was not garbage, at all. I get that you like this, but trashing something else doesn't make it look any better.
I’m hardly alone with that opinion. It’s got a 50% on RT. You may like it, and that’s totally fine, but it’s certainly not a popular opinion.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:06 PM 09-08-2019
Not the point. That opinion is fine. Using that opinion as a way to prop up something else is weak.

That is to say, if you want me to watch this, then tell me why it's good, not why something else isn't...
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:12 PM 09-08-2019
In fairness, garbage is a bit strong. Derivative and lackluster is probably a better description. And it shouldn’t need to be said, but that’s obviously my opinion. It’s just disheartening when something that was crafted as well DC: AoR gets outshined by a lesser product.
[Reply]
Third Eye 04:27 PM 09-08-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not the point. That opinion is fine. Using that opinion as a way to prop up something else is weak.

That is to say, if you want me to watch this, then tell me why it's good, not why something else isn't...
Well...that’s not what I was doing, so...

I don’t frankly give a shit if you watch this or not. It’s your loss, not mine. Given that I’ve seen you express your opinion on a number of shows in the past, I can say with pretty good probability that you’ll love this. It’s not my job to sell it to you though.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up