ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 46
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Michael Avenatti is a Superstar
Lex Luthor 12:16 AM 05-20-2018
Michael Avenatti is Donald Trump's second-worst nightmare.

The honor of being Donald Trump's worst nightmare obviously goes to Robert Mueller, as Mueller is slowly but surely tightening the noose on the Russian Colluder in Chief. But Mueller is running a tight ship. No leaks are coming from Mueller's team, and Mueller himself is very tight-lipped about what he has found.

This is where Michael Avenatti joins the party. He goes on all of the talk shows and exposes Trump and his lackey Giuliani as the fools that they are.

It is unlikely that Avenatti has any information that Mueller does not. But Avenatti is doing something that Mueller cannot. He is fighting (and clearly winning) the battle of public opinion. He is beating trump at his own game: A media barrage where he is always at the center.

When feeble old Giuliani declared that Avenatti is an "ambulance chaser", Avenatti responded with this hilarious and epic takedown:

Rudy Giuliani - the only “ambulance” I have ever chased in my career is the one you are driving right now in a desperate attempt to save this presidency. Any time you would like to compare our legal careers and cases over the last 15 yrs, I would be happy to. #sirens #basta

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) May 3, 2018

Another awesome tweet from Michael Avenatti, Superstar:

This is getting too easy. What an absolute train wreck this guy is. EVERY time!!! #Embarrassment #TimeForPasture #DazedConfused #Basta

Unfair!’ Rudy Giuliani explodes when CNN’s Cuomo plays clip of him saying presidents must obey subpoenas https://t.co/AszT6ZZx9D via rawstory

— Michael Avenatti (@MichaelAvenatti) May 18, 2018

[Reply]
frozenchief 10:14 AM 04-11-2019
New indictment adds more charges related to him ripping off clients. He allegedly took $2.75M from a client and bought a plane, which was just seized apparently. The new indictment details how he allegedly swindled several clients out of substantial amounts of money, including a client who was crippled and disabled. That’s about the greatest crime a lawyer can commit, stealing from a client.

If this is true, the court will definitely find that he abused a special skill and a position of trust, increasing his Guideline level. It’s the kind of thing that judges just find repulsive. Judges are lawyers, too, and such abuse gets lengthy prison time to both punish the offender and deter others.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...411-story.html
[Reply]
InChiefsHell 10:26 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Taco John:

Wow, he really sounds just like his old man. Same mannerisms and everything...
[Reply]
vailpass 10:27 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by frozenchief:
New indictment adds more charges related to him ripping off clients. He allegedly took $2.75M from a client and bought a plane, which was just seized apparently. The new indictment details how he allegedly swindled several clients out of substantial amounts of money, including a client who was crippled and disabled. Thatís about the greatest crime a lawyer can commit, stealing from a client.

If this is true, the court will definitely find that he abused a special skill and a position of trust, increasing his Guideline level. Itís the kind of thing that judges just find repulsive. Judges are lawyers, too, and such abuse gets lengthy prison time to both punish the offender and deter others.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...411-story.html
Way to lend credence to all of the stereotypes Avenatti. Don't drop the soap.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:32 AM 04-11-2019
LexLuser went bye bye about the time Avenatti collapsed

He’s such a pathetic gutless coward of a tiny man
[Reply]
patteeu 10:48 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
LexLuser went bye bye about the time Avenatti collapsed

Heís such a pathetic gutless coward of a tiny man
He's not the only AWOL nutjob. The Barr memo ate most of their tongues.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude's lucky he still has his law license.

The Bar don't fuck around with hiding money. That's pretty much the one thing that will get you disbarred virtually every time. The only thing that may be saving him here is that it was probably his partner's money and not his client's money.

But if they had funds they were to be distributing to clients pursuant to the BK filing and he was hiding that, he damn sure oughta lose his license over that.
So about that.....

Eh, I'd imagine he'll be voluntarily relinquishing his license to practice in short order anyway. No real sense in even mounting a defense here; he seems pretty much cooked.

He'll be lucky to avoid 10 years in the can.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:53 AM 04-11-2019
So about that.....

Eh, I'd imagine he'll be voluntarily relinquishing his license to practice in short order anyway. No real sense in even mounting a defense here; he seems pretty much cooked.

From what I'm reading, he may be lucky if he only gets 10 years, especially with the Nike case still in play.
[Reply]
frozenchief 12:22 PM 04-11-2019
So about that.....

Even if he doesn't voluntarily relinquish, I would expect the bar to seek to suspend his license on an emergency basis and use this indictment as Exhibit 'A'. That should be coming fairly soon.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:52 PM 04-11-2019
Greg Craig is also, now a superstar :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:57 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Michael Avenatti is Donald Trump's second-worst nightmare.

The honor of being Donald Trump's worst nightmare obviously goes to Robert Mueller, as Mueller is slowly but surely tightening the noose on the Russian Colluder in Chief. But Mueller is running a tight ship. No leaks are coming from Mueller's team, and Mueller himself is very tight-lipped about what he has found.

This is where Michael Avenatti joins the party. He goes on all of the talk shows and exposes Trump and his lackey Giuliani as the fools that they are.

It is unlikely that Avenatti has any information that Mueller does not. But Avenatti is doing something that Mueller cannot. He is fighting (and clearly winning) the battle of public opinion. He is beating trump at his own game: A media barrage where he is always at the center.

When feeble old Giuliani declared that Avenatti is an "ambulance chaser", Avenatti responded with this hilarious and epic takedown:

Another awesome tweet from Michael Avenatti, Superstar:

Lexís Scarlett Letter.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:03 PM 04-11-2019
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:06 PM 04-11-2019
If DC threads are eligible for the hall of classics, this one should be a shoe-in.

I mean you might as well have a thread during training camp this year that said "Patrick Mahomes fucking SUCKS!!" that yielded several hundred replies and multiple attempts at doubling down.

This is as epic a face plant as you will ever see on the internet, let alone CP.
[Reply]
FAX 01:20 PM 04-11-2019
I just read the California indictment. It's over 60 pages of an incredibly complicated grouping of smoke and mirrors.

It appears that whenever Avenatti felt pressure coming from his clients, his creditors, or the IRS, he started another LLC, changed banks, and played a Ponzi game of hide the cash. Amazing he got away with it for this long, actually.

FAX
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I just read the California indictment. It's over 60 pages of an incredibly complicated grouping of smoke and mirrors.

It appears that whenever Avenatti felt pressure coming from his clients, his creditors, or the IRS, he started another LLC, changed banks, and played a Ponzi game of hide the cash. Amazing he got away with it for this long, actually.

FAX
It's not even all that complicated once you're willing to commingle funds.

He just started using client money to cover operating costs and pay other clients off when they got too loud. It's a tale as old as time when it comes to shyster lawyers. And some of them didn't even start as shyster lawyers but got over their heads and started panicking.

"It's okay, he'll never know, I'll pay the trust account back with my next W and everything will be okay..."

But when he became a public SUPERSTAR!!! his client all started wondering where their money went and when he started fighting off challenges left and right he lost the time/liquidity/ability to keep all those balls in the air.

Or maybe he just never had any intention of trying to straighten up the books and was just gonna rid it till it bucked him. But that's pretty rare - most folks aren't that brazen. Then again, this is a rare bird so it's just hard to know.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:32 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Greg Craig is also, now a superstar :-)
2 charges

Originally Posted by :
Former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig was charged with making false statements on Thursday in connection with what authorities called failures to report work for powerful clients in Ukraine.

A grand jury in Washington D.C. returned an indictment on Thursday that included two charges, the Justice Department said.

In short, the indictment alleges, Craig withheld information he knew he should have given to the Justice Department and deliberately gave it other information he knew was false.
https://www.npr.org/2019/04/11/70455...n-ukraine-case

And, at least NPR noted that the guy's a former Obama counsel, rather than trying to make it seem like he was part of the Trump circle.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 46
« First < 253132333435 3637383945 > Last »
Up