< 12
Washington DC and The Holy Land>RIP - T. Boone Pickens
Baby Lee 02:26 PM 09-11-2019
91yo - at home

Breaking
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 03:49 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
You probably think Kerry volunteered for swift boat duty when it was dangerous, eh?
lol you're a swift boat truther?
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:53 PM 09-11-2019
I hope all the people who hate this man showed the same resentment and disdain when Steve Jobs died.

I've noticed a... selective outrage of who 'evil capitalists' are, even when their actions are the same.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 03:53 PM 09-11-2019
My only T. Boone Pickens story.

I went on a fishing trip to lake Texoma, as we rode in the boat across the lake, the guide pointed over to a big ass house. He said, paraphrasing "We can't get to close to that house or guys with machine guns will come out and run us off. That's T. Boone Pickens house."
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:55 PM 09-11-2019
OH!! ferfucksake!!
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:06 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
OH!! fer****sake!!
Neat. Was he in a sitcom or something?
[Reply]
Donger 04:09 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
lol you're a swift boat truther?
I know that when Kerry volunteered for Swift Boat duty, he thought he'd be cruising the coast line/littoral duty, which wasn't dangerous.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:01 PM 09-11-2019
RIP

Image: Not Safe for Work

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:51 AM 09-12-2019
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
Peak Oil
This is what I have against that cunt. He and his cronies royally fucked us all by running around talking about peak oil. Asshole cost us each a shit ton of money filling up our cars with $4+ gallon gas.
[Reply]
Donger 10:37 AM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This is what I have against that ****. He and his cronies royally ****ed us all by running around talking about peak oil. Asshole cost us each a shit ton of money filling up our cars with $4+ gallon gas.
Speculation about peak oil had very little to do with the record price of crude in 2008.
[Reply]
Donger 11:13 AM 09-17-2019
I heard that Pickens ordered the attack on SA. Just saying.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:23 AM 09-17-2019
T. Boone Pickens gave capitalism a bad name with his state cronyism—wanted the feds to force the rest of us to rely on primitive ugly, eery, noisy windmills aka fascist propellorism to increase his cartelized profits.

Someone like this should never be granted goodwill with a R.I.P. Rather say let another oil billionaire bite the dust.

Sorry, but this is in D.C. —not the Lounge.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:25 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
My only T. Boone Pickens story.

I went on a fishing trip to lake Texoma, as we rode in the boat across the lake, the guide pointed over to a big ass house. He said, paraphrasing "We can't get to close to that house or guys with machine guns will come out and run us off. That's T. Boone Pickens house."
My sister's neighbor in Osterville, Cape Cod is Bill Koch. He just bought Bunny Melon's estate next door too. We sailed past his estate every day when I was up there this summer visiting. Another was a guy who won the America's Cup. That boat was in his backyard.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:27 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
I hope all the people who hate this man showed the same resentment and disdain when Steve Jobs died.

I've noticed a... selective outrage of who 'evil capitalists' are, even when their actions are the same.
He wasn't a free-market capitalist. He was a crony capitalist in bed with the state which is also known as fascism.

I respect Steve Jobs though, even if he was hard to work with. He really made it in the market.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:30 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
If there was ever an excuse for a seance, this is it.

R.I.P. T.

FAX
Will a windmill show up in the room?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:32 AM 09-17-2019
It amazes me how many on the right, or even in the center (or so they claim), can't identify real capitalism from the fascist crony type. Keep cheering the state — you limited govt types.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up