ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Alpha WR's
MahomesMagic 11:58 AM 02-27-2024
Thought I would create a thread dedicated to the Alpha WR's as there has been a lot of attention already on getting a better Mecole or MVS or tiny 140 lb slot WR's.

Alphas can't be stopped, you can only pray to contain them.

Malik Nabers

Adonai Mitchell

Adonai Mitchell is no stranger to Georgia fans. 2nd & 18, 8:16 left in the fourth quarter, Stetson Bennett drops back and completes a 40-yard touchdown strike to Mitchell over the outstretched Alabama defender to garner Georgia the lead in the national title.
It's arguably the biggest catch in program history, and according to sources, Mitchell is only scratching the surface of his stardom. It's virtually every day at this point, Mitchell will have people within the building raving about some miraculous catch he's made, or how he caught 80% of the footballs during 11on11 scrimmages.

Watch as Adonai takes over the game and has to be held repeatedly to avoid further embarrassment.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:52 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Worthy is a toothpick. You never draft toothpick sized receivers.
I want a WR who will punch other teams in the face and take their lunch money.

Not some tiny make a wish kid that will get bullied and broken.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:00 PM 03-02-2024

��️"I really like Mitchell's tape a lot"

NFL Films' @gregcosell shares his film breakdown study of Texas WR Adonai Mitchell��⬇️#NFLCombine @Ticketmaster pic.twitter.com/KirTCMOmCp

— One Bills Live (@OneBillsLive) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Worthy is a toothpick. You never draft toothpick sized receivers.
Not a prerequisite IMO.

DeSean Jackson was. He has a case for the HOF.

DeVonta Smith is. All he's done is put up nearly 3200 yards and 19 TDs in 3 seasons.

Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Tyler Lockett and T.Y. Hilton did alright for themselves too.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:43 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Not a prerequisite IMO.

DeSean Jackson was. He has a case for the HOF.

DeVonta Smith is. All he's done is put up nearly 3200 yards and 19 TDs in 3 seasons.

Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown, Tyler Lockett and T.Y. Hilton did alright for themselves too.
My comp for Terry McLaurin was a bigger TY Hilton. That's a very good football player.

I don't like Worthy as much as Terry McLaurin coming out.

I had a 1st round grade on Hollywood and I don't like Worthy as much as him either.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:51 AM 03-03-2024
I prefer Mitchell to Worthy but that speed...is insane. He could obviously break but I'd trust Reid to put him in situations he can succeed. Man this is a great year to need a WR
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:55 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I prefer Mitchell to Worthy but that speed...is insane. He could obviously break but I'd trust Reid to put him in situations he can succeed. Man this is a great year to need a WR
Worthy could have some value if he hit and was used right.

If Nagy wanted him as a gadget slot then he might bust.

As a vertical 2 decoy where he runs down field as fast as possible he could have a Gabe Davis impact.

Faster and smaller but go 3-4 games where you don't notice and then have a game or two where they seem important.

Buffalo not resigning Davis but drafting his replacement.

If they get Thomas Jr that's a massive upgrade at Vertical 2.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 12:59 AM 03-03-2024
I am team ALPHA.

He was not lying when he said he doesn’t run full speed every route so he can sustain drives.

MahomesMagic knows what he’s talking about.

Get this guy at all costs.
[Reply]
wannaGOback 01:08 AM 03-03-2024
Mitchell’s speed is just as crazy if not more so with his weight. If they don’t draft either in the first it’s a massive mistake.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 02:26 AM 03-03-2024
I have been suggesting people watch the career highlights for Worthy, because you can see his progression from his freshman year, and it also shows how tough he has is.

Also, I suggest the Georgia highlights for Mitchell. He looked more dynamic with the Bulldogs, but they do have probably one of the best staffs right now. Texas? Still building, maybe, but not at the Georgia Bulldog level.

Before today I would have been fine with Mitchell at 32 (as long as Thomas and Franklin weren't available) but now I know he will most likely be gone.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:38 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by wannaGOback:
Mitchell’s speed is just as crazy if not more so with his weight. If they don’t draft either in the first it’s a massive mistake.
Oh I agree, he's my preference. I think he has the greater potential. I slightly disagree with crow as I think Mitchell goes before Worthy. 4.35 is plenty fast enough to take thr top off if that's what teams want, and there's less bust potential it seems.

Franklin is now the interesting one for me. Obviously the 40 was disappointing but he's 6" 3 and 4.41 isn't slow. Still a great YAC guy, young. Trying to work out how I'd feel about him at 32 if the others are gone.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:42 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have been suggesting people watch the career highlights for Worthy, because you can see his progression from his freshman year, and it also shows how tough he has is.

Also, I suggest the Georgia highlights for Mitchell. He looked more dynamic with the Bulldogs, but they do have probably one of the best staffs right now. Texas? Still building, maybe, but not at the Georgia Bulldog level.

Before today I would have been fine with Mitchell at 32 (as long as Thomas and Franklin weren't available) but now I know he will most likely be gone.
Yeah pre combine I had it as Franklin, Mitchell, Worthy , with Mitchell closing the gap. I figured if the 40s were similar I MIGHT prefer Mitchell because his route running is a step above for savvy. Now I'm fully onboard for Mitchell. Probably, marginally, I'd go for Worthy over Franklin now.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 11:09 AM 03-03-2024
I am team ALPHA.

He was not lying when he said he doesn’t run full speed every route so he can sustain drives.

MahomesMagic knows what he’s talking about.

Get this guy at all costs.
I doubt AD makes it to us, but Sark doesn't run a very deep WR rotation at Texas. Even with a deep WR room, his top guys really don't get much rest.

Those guys hardly ever sub out and when a receiver came off the field it was usually Whittington coming off to sub in a second TE when we went into 12.

There wasn't much rest for Mitchell or Worthy during the season, so it wouldn't be a surprise to see more athleticism out of AD once he's in the league and part of a rotation.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:04 PM 03-03-2024
Congrats to Team Alpha!

I think you might have made a fair case this weekend with Michell and others.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 12:08 PM 03-03-2024
Team Alpha: Mitchell, Coleman, Legette

Team Speed: Worthy, Franklin, McConkey

?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:15 PM 03-03-2024
Hey look! Mahomes Magic has a mult account!
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up