ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 72 of 319
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good fucking God no. Just sign Watkins back at that rate.
Sorry but I gotta disagree.

I wouldn't bring Watkins back at any price.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sorry but I gotta disagree.

I wouldn't bring Watkins back at any price.
Over the past 3 seasons.

Watkins: 34 games, 129 receptions, 1613 yards, 8 touchdowns.

Wilson: 20 games, 69 receptions, 742 yards, 5 touchdowns.

The correct answer is bring neither of them back but Wilson is significantly more worthless than Watkins.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:27 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Over the past 3 seasons.

Watkins: 34 games, 129 receptions, 1613 yards, 8 touchdowns.

Wilson: 20 games, 69 receptions, 742 yards, 5 touchdowns.

The correct answer is bring neither of them back but Wilson is significantly more worthless than Watkins.
Well yeah, that goes without saying. :-)
[Reply]
Kman34 12:29 PM 02-15-2021
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...his-offseason/

Don’t believe this.. Lip service... I hope..
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:30 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...his-offseason/

Don’t believe this.. Lip service... I hope..
Teicher wrote this....
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:35 PM 02-15-2021
rrrrrrr.

I've got a lot going on. A ton of stress.

Yeah, I think if you don't have money to throw at a gaping hole in your line-up then you need to throw some draft capital and you really should back that up with a veteran stop-gap that you could survive with if it all goes sideways.

I know everybody's all enamored with playmakers; we've got 3; Hill and Kelce will be your top two receivers for the near future no matter what else you do. CEH with a full year in the system and an actual TC and pre-season of some sort will further develop.

The formula to beat KC is not to run the ball and keep Mahomes on the sideline; that's always been bullshit.

The formula is a strong front four to pressure, 7 in coverage and Mahomes doesn't have time to do Mahomes things.

Even if Fisher comes back as early as mid-season, there's no guarantee he'll be 100%.
Schwartz is unlikely at all; counting on that is like counting on Watkins at this point.

And we're way over the cap. this isn't like last year; we're a long way from being able to do anything significant in free agency.

So yes, I think your odds of being okay are better if you throw numbers at the problem since we can't throw dollars at it.

I would consider it a huge success if next off-season we have the luxury of having too many good offensive tackles and have to trade one. If that's the case, we'll be polishing a second SB trophy.

We're not going to lose because we didn't have enough weapons.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:37 PM 02-15-2021
Out situation with our tackles is just killer, but the doomsday reaction to the Super Bowl is overblown. Unlike most, I'm not ready to simply write off Schwartz. This is his first season with any sort of injury like this, and we all act like he's washed up and done at age 32. What's even more crazy is that solution to our injured tackles is to sign some older vets as a stop gap - 39 year old Jason Peters is the most popular name here.

Schwartz has started every game, every season since coming into the league in 2012, but he has one injury and he's done? Injury settlement! Retire you brokedick motherfucker! I just don't see it. By the time next season rolls around, Schwartz will have had almost a full year to rehab his back issue. That's a good thing. Heck, some of you think Fisher will be back but not Schwarts to play next season. What the hell?

With Niang, who you have all off season to work with, you pencil him in at LT, especially if Schwartz, who is under contract, is ready to play. I expect that we bring Remmers back to be a backup, or insurance incase Schwartz can't go.

The real problem along the line how I see it is at center. I would prefer a long term solution, and while signing FA Corey Linsley would fix the problem, I would love to see if Veach could swing a trade for James Daniels, who will be a FA next season. Perfect candidate to acquire and give a contract extension. Adding a younger player who can anchor the offensive line for years to come is a hell of a lot more attractive to me than signing some vet in his mid to late 30s and hoping that he stay healthy.

It would also allow a little more freedom in the draft to grab a guard or tackle in the middle rounds to develop to either deal with the departure of one of our tackles of LDT.
[Reply]
Delano 12:54 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Out situation with our tackles is just killer, but the doomsday reaction to the Super Bowl is overblown. Unlike most, I'm not ready to simply write off Schwartz. This is his first season with any sort of injury like this, and we all act like he's washed up and done at age 32. What's even more crazy is that solution to our injured tackles is to sign some older vets as a stop gap - 39 year old Jason Peters is the most popular name here.

Schwartz has started every game, every season since coming into the league in 2012, but he has one injury and he's done? Injury settlement! Retire you brokedick motherfucker! I just don't see it. By the time next season rolls around, Schwartz will have had almost a full year to rehab his back issue. That's a good thing. Heck, some of you think Fisher will be back but not Schwarts to play next season. What the hell?

With Niang, who you have all off season to work with, you pencil him in at LT, especially if Schwartz, who is under contract, is ready to play. I expect that we bring Remmers back to be a backup, or insurance incase Schwartz can't go.

The real problem along the line how I see it is at center. I would prefer a long term solution, and while signing FA Corey Linsley would fix the problem, I would love to see if Veach could swing a trade for James Daniels, who will be a FA next season. Perfect candidate to acquire and give a contract extension. Adding a younger player who can anchor the offensive line for years to come is a hell of a lot more attractive to me than signing some vet in his mid to late 30s and hoping that he stay healthy.

It would also allow a little more freedom in the draft to grab a guard or tackle in the middle rounds to develop to either deal with the departure of one of our tackles of LDT.
What evidence are you seeing that Niang is a LT in this offense?
[Reply]
old_geezer 12:57 PM 02-15-2021

Schwartz has started every game, every season since coming into the league in 2012, but he has one injury and he's done? Injury settlement! Retire you brokedick mother****er! I just don't see it. By the time next season rolls around, Schwartz will have had almost a full year to rehab his back issue. That's a good thing. Heck, some of you think Fisher will be back but not Schwarts to play next season. What the hell?

I like everything that was said here, especially concerning the centers. I would love to see Linsley or especially Daniels at center next year.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:17 PM 02-15-2021

We know nothing about Schwartzs back injury.. Disk? Muscle? Would hate to be held hostage by a Day to day thing in training camp just to find out he can’t play..
I really hope he’s healthy next year but it would be irresponsible not to plan for him not being there or sidelined at some point in the season..
[Reply]
Hoover 01:18 PM 02-15-2021

Evidence? LOL

Look, I realize that we was a right tackle in college. I'm not suggesting that he's the answer at LT, but if you want to do something that rolls out the best the best 5 offensive linemen you need to see what the kid has to offer. Maybe he can hold the fort down for a month or two until Fisher returns. But I agree, with those pound on the table her and say that the Chiefs are never going to start a three rookies on the line at the same time. Which is why we need to be exploring trades.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:19 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
We know nothing about Schwartzs back injury.. Disk? Muscle? Would hate to be held hostage by a Day to day thing in training camp just to find out he can’t play..
I really hope he’s healthy next year but it would be irresponsible not to plan for him not being there or sidelined at some point in the season..
Right, we don't know anything, but the team surely does.
[Reply]
wachashi 01:26 PM 02-15-2021
Fans are going to point to the Super Bowl and say "no way" but I wonder how the coaches feel about Remmers at LT as a stop-gap until Fisher comes back. They might actually prefer running him out there to start the season over any rookie LT that's going to be there at 31 for us to draft.

It could be that coaches blame most - certainly not ALL, but most - of the o-line issues on chemistry and communication. I think that might be the case, especially on the left side of the line. These guys had basically never played together, as a unit, and in those spots before. Remmers played well enough at RT to get us to the Super Bowl, and he's played LT before on a different team in the Super Bowl. Wylie was a disaster all around and should never play Tackle again, but they might feel Remmers has a shot to be a serviceable LT with enough preparation and chemistry building.

I refuse to go back and watch the game, but I recall Wylie getting completely dominated in his one-on-one matchups. Remmers seemed to hold up better in one-on-ones but Tampa's stunts caused problems everywhere. That's on communication and feel as much as it is athletic ability.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:27 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Delano:
What evidence are you seeing that Niang is a LT in this offense?
Scouting reports.

He's got plus athleticism. He played RT at TCU but part of that was because of the offense they run.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:28 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
Fans are going to point to the Super Bowl and say "no way" but I wonder how the coaches feel about Remmers at LT as a stop-gap until Fisher comes back. They might actually prefer running him out there to start the season over any rookie LT that's going to be there at 31 for us to draft.

It could be that coaches blame most - certainly not ALL, but most - of the o-line issues on chemistry and communication. I think that might be the case, especially on the left side of the line. These guys had basically never played together, as a unit, and in those spots before. Remmers played well enough at RT to get us to the Super Bowl, and he's played LT before on a different team in the Super Bowl. Wylie was a disaster all around and should never play Tackle again, but they might feel Remmers has a shot to be a serviceable LT with enough preparation and chemistry building.

I refuse to go back and watch the game, but I recall Wylie getting completely dominated in his one-on-one matchups. Remmers seemed to hold up better in one-on-ones but Tampa's stunts caused problems everywhere. That's on communication and feel as much as it is athletic ability.
They all sucked equally...
[Reply]
Page 72 of 319
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682122172 > Last »
Up