ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1772 of 3903
« First < 772127216721722176217681769177017711772 177317741775177617821822187222722772 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:29 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
I think the one thing that would substantially increase the quality of care at nursing homes is to increase the pay of the people that are more directly involved in the care of the residents. Nursing homes are cess pools because the people that run them want to keep costs to a minimum. I'd be all for state/federal funding of nursing homes as long as that funding doesn't just go into the pocket of the person running the place.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:29 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

:-)
So everyone protesting is a Nazi because of her? Is that what this twatter is implying?
[Reply]
Spott 11:29 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
What did they list her C.O.D as?
I don’t remember the exact way is was worded because it was over 20 years ago, but I do remember it was some sort of heart failure. I guess technically that is true because her heart did stop beating.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:30 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.
We're talking about the same nursing homes that charge thousands of dollars a month, correct?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:31 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.

Yup, both of my parents were in a nursing office\assisted living facility before they passed and most of all the staff there probably couldn't get a job in a real hospital.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It is awful and truly heart breaking. It also is a good example among others why it is going to be hard for corporate America to go back to work anytime soon.

We have seen now time and time again, keeping large amounts of people in an enclosed space for hours on end = large amounts of infections and death.

Going to a restaurant or store for a short period of time you will probably be ok but not sitting in your office for 8 hours.
I know it's become taboo to speak of them here it seems, but Sweden had the same problem. We need to go above and beyond with the workers and such at these places to do our best to keep this from getting in there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:33 AM 05-02-2020
IIRC, most of the people that go into nursing homes have like a 6 month expectancy of life from the point they enter. I just recently read that, had no idea that was the case.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:33 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
More Triumph news.
That's really perplexing. 359 people test positive and no one had symptoms?
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:40 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I know it's become taboo to speak of them here it seems, but Sweden had the same problem. We need to go above and beyond with the workers and such at these places to do our best to keep this from getting in there.

It is going to be hard without force quarantining them. We don't have the testing capability to test them so I don't know...
[Reply]
Spott 11:42 AM 05-02-2020
So everyone protesting is a Nazi because of her? Is that what this twatter is implying?
I don’t use twatter, but she probably should have written that in English. I had to google what was written on her sign to see why it was such a big deal.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:43 AM 05-02-2020
We're talking about the same nursing homes that charge thousands of dollars a month, correct?
Yup, we had one patient who was still pretty active for his age (well as much as somebody is active with 2 missing legs) die from a UTI because the home was rationing diapers to 1 per patient for per day for some stupid reasons (changing vendors I think).Family was not very pleased.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:43 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Oh the humanity.. Im willing to bet 15,000 deaths were not do to Corona$$$
I'll take that bet, too
[Reply]
stumppy 11:45 AM 05-02-2020
You guys shouldn't be taking advantage of the slow kid.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:47 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
I don’t use twatter, but she probably should have written that in English. I had to google what was written on her sign to see why it was such a big deal.
I had to as well, guess I'm not as well-versed in Nazi slogans as some. Her intent is clear but I'm still not sure how it's a microcosm of the nature of the protests. It doesn't even make sense to imply that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:48 AM 05-02-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
IIRC, most of the people that go into nursing homes have like a 6 month expectancy of life from the point they enter. I just recently read that, had no idea that was the case.
My grandmother was in for more than 2 years and most people that I know of that died in a nursing home were suffering from Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Most of them were in for 4 years, minimum.

Also, regardless of where you live, even decent nursing homes are $7k per month, which becomes quite expensive if a patient is there for years on end.
[Reply]
Page 1772 of 3903
« First < 772127216721722176217681769177017711772 177317741775177617821822187222722772 > Last »
Up