ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Khalen Saunders Thread*****
Dante84 08:37 PM 04-26-2019
Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 11:40 PM 11-06-2022
Yeah he was really fucking good today. How much weight did he gain this off season? The broadcast never focused on him before this game so I didn't really know but holy shit he looked like he cloned himself and then ate his clone.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:03 PM 11-08-2022
Why is this guy not playing more than Nnadi? He's developed into quite the player.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:21 PM 11-08-2022
Give credit to Saunders. He’s earned a second contract. He’ll get paid this off-season.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:49 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah he was really ****ing good today. How much weight did he gain this off season? The broadcast never focused on him before this game so I didn't really know but holy shit he looked like he cloned himself and then ate his clone.
He's basically a big truck tire rolling down a steep hill. Unblockable.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:59 PM 11-08-2022
He's a must to resign, he finally built his frame up enough to pair with his freakish athleticism and has become a monster. He's just now scratching the surface, have to give him a second deal.

He's the type I would try to lock up before the season ends because he's going to have a lot of teams bidding for his services after people see his tape this year.
[Reply]
jettio 02:00 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Over the last 2 years it has seemed like Nnadi hasn't played as well as he did his first 3 years. He hasn't been terrible, but the way he played to start his career you'd hope he would take a big step forward, but that hasn't seemed to happen.

Saunders on the other hand is playing way better than I could have imagined. He's been JAG these last few years, but now he looks like a legit run stuffing DT.
From Sportrac:
Derrick Nnadi signed a 1 year, $2,750,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $2,495,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,750,000. In 2022, Nnadi will earn a base salary of $1,995,000, a signing bonus of $500,000 and a roster bonus of $255,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,750,000 and a dead cap value of $2,495,000.
Nnadi is who he is and is not getting paid much for a 5th year guy drafted in the 3rd round.

As anal as salary cap worry warts get on chiefs planet is when it comes to paying elite players like they are elite players, there ought to be more appreciation for guys like Nnadi or Wylie, whose contributions earn the right to stay with the Chiefs and who want to stay and work out deals that are reasonable. You need guys like this to sustain a winning culture.

Saunders has somewhat underperformed his draft position until this year. Now he is showing why the Chiefs were interested in him after he showed unique agility for a guy with his build.

His play this year could get him offers after tender that Chiefs will have to think about. Chiefs might offer an extension late in the season if he sustains this play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:14 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Why is this guy not playing more than Nnadi? He's developed into quite the player.
Based on what we saw in the 4th quarter i think we're about to see a lot more Saunders.
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 02:29 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Just goes to show how DL can take time to develop.

The league was too fast for him early but he gets it now.
He's always been good.....just always hurt!!!!!
[Reply]
Hydrae 02:47 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Swear to God I heard him going "WHOOO" at least a few times while pumping his fist. Reminded me of this, even had the same octave.

I know I heard him scream loudly enough to hear through the tv after he made that sack. I was impressed with not only the sack but the strength of his victory yell.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:07 PM 11-08-2022

So this is Mr. Saunders fresh outta college going into his rookie year. At the combine he came in at 6', which seems pretty short for a D Lineman, and 324 lbs. He looks nowhere close to the player he was his rookie year. He looks substantially more round, but is still able to quickly get off the ball and wreak havoc. He looks like he spent all off-season playing video games and eating fast food lol, but he's better than ever.

I think we should be able to resign him this off-season for a fairly cheap contract. He's been injured a lot, but if he can stay healthy, then we will be set at DT. I'd sign him to a 4 yr deal that takes him to age 30 at $5-$6 mil/yr.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:12 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
From Sportrac:
Derrick Nnadi signed a 1 year, $2,750,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $2,495,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $2,750,000. In 2022, Nnadi will earn a base salary of $1,995,000, a signing bonus of $500,000 and a roster bonus of $255,000, while carrying a cap hit of $2,750,000 and a dead cap value of $2,495,000.
Nnadi is who he is and is not getting paid much for a 5th year guy drafted in the 3rd round.

As anal as salary cap worry warts get on chiefs planet is when it comes to paying elite players like they are elite players, there ought to be more appreciation for guys like Nnadi or Wylie, whose contributions earn the right to stay with the Chiefs and who want to stay and work out deals that are reasonable. You need guys like this to sustain a winning culture.

Saunders has somewhat underperformed his draft position until this year. Now he is showing why the Chiefs were interested in him after he showed unique agility for a guy with his build.

His play this year could get him offers after tender that Chiefs will have to think about. Chiefs might offer an extension late in the season if he sustains this play.
Andrew Wylie hasn't come remotely close to earning a spot on this team and he damn sure hasn't done anything worthy of earning fans appreciation. I'd rather start literally any other RT we possibly have over him. He's making $2.5 mil this year, but honestly that's too much.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:10 PM 11-08-2022
So glad for Saunders. Liked him from the moment we drafted him. Just showed a lot of potential. Very raw, but his quickness and athleticism (guy did a gymnastics-style backflip during the combine, I think. Video of it somewhere) were very interesting to me.

He had a bit of a rocky beginning with KC, and a lot of people shit on him, called him a bust, but I (and others) saw a few flashes of play-making ability even then. Then I think it was last season i noticed Khalen was actually playing MLB! And he was doing a decent job of it, really showing off his athleticism, quickness and tackling abilities.

And now he's balling several times a game, nearly every game.

NIce job, Saunders.:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:52 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
From Sportrac:

I was with you right up until you said..."Wylie".

I'm really sorry to tell you this, but...

Wylie blows goats.

Carry on.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 PM 01-07-2023
almost big guy

We were THIS close to another Mitch Holthus "big man touchdown" call. @khalenNOTkaylen is always open. pic.twitter.com/lPrmcwPTRR

— 📽️ Red Tribe Cinema (@ClayWendler) January 8, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:04 PM 01-07-2023
Dude was WIDE OPEN
[Reply]
Page 25 of 31
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up