ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 219
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:47 PM 08-31-2023
11/12 87 yds against a shitty team. Not impressive at all. Had 2 throws down field and sailed one of then. I'm ready to see Horn. He better not just get the goddamn 2nd string offense.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 06:59 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
I like how Peat runs.
He's slow as hell
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:00 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Cook made one decent throw, but everything else is out of the game manager playbook. SEC defenses are too fast for a passing offense based on throws to the flats.
Pre-season playbook against a weak opponent.

Not sure what this sort of thing is supposed to actually demonstrate. If it's a competition, shouldn't you force both guys to execute with a little degree of difficulty?

I mean Cook can't have done more than he's been asked thus far, but he sure as shit hasn't been asked to do much.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:07 PM 08-31-2023
Missed that sideline ball he needs to hit more often than he doesn't.

I like Schrader more than Peat.
[Reply]
Mike in SW-MO 07:18 PM 08-31-2023
Could be. I have zero preconceptions and turned on the game half through the 1st qtr. Liked what I saw when I saw it.
Peat has some wiggle.

Now I see more of him, I do like Schrader's power & decisiveness. Balance through contact looks good.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:34 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Could be. I have zero preconceptions and turned on the game half through the 1st qtr. Liked what I saw when I saw it.
Peat has some wiggle.

Now I see more of him, I do like Schrader's power & decisiveness. Balance through contact looks good.
Still pretty disappointing to me that for two years that's been the best pair of RBs we have.

Really hoped we'd have someone push them out of the lineup.
[Reply]
kepp 07:35 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Still pretty disappointing to me that for two years that's been the best pair of RBs we have.

Really hoped we'd have someone push them out of the lineup.
Agreed...very underwhelming
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:36 PM 08-31-2023
Schrader isn't Tyler Badie or Henry Josey, but he does look quicker. He also runs hard.

Cook made one good throw. Looks like the same guy to me.
[Reply]
kepp 07:38 PM 08-31-2023
I just hope Drink uses a bigger sample size than just this game to decide between Cook & Horn.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:42 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Schrader isn't Tyler Badie or Henry Josey, but he does look quicker. He also runs hard.

Cook made one good throw. Looks like the same guy to me.
The deep ball he threw on the last drive to Burden was great. He had to put that under the safety and over the corner and time it well enough to keep Luther from getting killed. As was the ball that Burden DID get wrecked on. The timing on the throw was really good but Burden did a bad job settling himself for the hit. The first TD was also a very nice ball.

Cook had one miss I'd really want to see him hit. Another that was makeable but didn't bother me as much.

On balance, to whatever extent you were disappointed in Cook, it isn't Cooks fault. He executed the offense well, especially on those last two drives. He was kinda neutered the first few but on balance it's unlikely that Horn would've run those drives as well or better.

I hope Horn takes the job but that was a pretty strong statement from Cook.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:47 PM 08-31-2023
Right side of the line looked rough
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:52 PM 08-31-2023
I don't get how you find anything out about being vanilla as hell and not pushing the ball down the field.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:56 PM 08-31-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't get how you find anything out about being vanilla as hell and not pushing the ball down the field.
Last two drives were much more aggressive and Cook continued to execute.

Honestly the talent gap it's just too big to matter much. You'll learn more in an intrasquad scrimmage than you'll learn here.

Windows were too big. Pocket to secure. Defenders too small.

I was hoping for a little more resistance. Mizzou is all that slowed Mizzou.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:23 PM 08-31-2023
Thicker Kicker has the yips
[Reply]
kepp 08:24 PM 08-31-2023
Should we be worried about Mevis?
[Reply]
Page 15 of 219
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up