ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How safe do you feel to eat at buffet line?
Msmith 09:51 PM 04-18-2021
As topic.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:05 PM 04-20-2021
Back in the day a bunch of us would drive down to KC for a weekend of Royals baseball. We always hit up Stephenson's Apple Orchard brunch buffet.

That might be the last true buffet I've been to.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:11 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Back in the day a bunch of us would drive down to KC for a weekend of Royals baseball. We always hit up Stephenson's Apple Orchard brunch buffet.

Worked there years ago and we'd always get what was left of the buffet... their brisket was phenomenal.

Owner was a great guy.... his wife was a complete bitch though.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:12 PM 04-20-2021

Yeah that place is long gone,i do remember it.Think theres a Quiktrip there now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:15 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Yeah that place is long gone,i do remember it.Think theres a Quiktrip there now.
Yeah, they also had one in the Northland that almost burned down and was a daycare the last I knew, and one that lasted a while longer on the Missouri/Arkansas border (Jane, MO... maybe?).
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:18 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Well that's depressing.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:20 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Worked there years ago and we'd always get what was left of the buffet... their brisket was phenomenal.

Owner was a great guy.... his wife was a complete bitch though.
As a customer it was a great place. Always looked forward to it. The bee hive in the store that had a tube running outside so you could watch the bees come and go was awesome.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:20 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, they also had one in the Northland that almost burned down and was a daycare the last I knew, and one that lasted a while longer on the Missouri/Arkansas border (Jane, MO... maybe?).
Thanks for the info,i didnt know about the other locations.Kind of funny about the owners wife though haha,but its like that a lot of times.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 08:22 PM 04-20-2021
Well that's depressing.
Yeah Quiktrips are everywhere anymore it seems around here.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:37 PM 04-20-2021
QT is a good place to put your $$$$. being in on the stock end is one thing but with $25K fee and $25K in cash you can own a cash machine of your own.

There was a Sunday buffet place in Stanley that rocked at one time.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:51 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
QT is a good place to put your $$$$. being in on the stock end is one thing but with $25K fee and $25K in cash you can own a cash machine of your own.

via Gfycat

[Reply]
srvy 05:01 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

Red Barn?
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:02 AM 04-21-2021
"Well Shit!"

Aww yes I still remember those words spoken by a little old lady just after I took the very last drumstick at Western Sizzlers buffet in Salina ks. Don't quite remember the year but probably 2006 I was still married to my second wife and we would eat there a lot. They had really good fried chicken and that ol lady was pissed I grabbed the very last drumstick on the buffet. Oh well i says to myself. By my recollection that was one of the best drumsticks I've ever had golden crispy and tasty. That ol lady missed out on a good piece of chicken.
[Reply]
loochy 05:39 AM 04-21-2021
One time we had dinner at the Ponderosa steakhouse on 7 highway in Blue Springs. At least I think it was Ponderosa...maybe it was Sizzlin instead. In any event, my mom ordered only the salad bar. After dinner we went to the Kmart at 7&40 Hwy. My mom ended up barfing a trail from the ladies clothing section to the Kmart bathrooms.

True story.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 05:59 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
"Well Shit!"

Aww yes I still remember those words spoken by a little old lady just after I took the very last drumstick at Western Sizzlers buffet in Salina ks. Don't quite remember the year but probably 2006 I was still married to my second wife and we would eat there a lot. They had really good fried chicken and that ol lady was pissed I grabbed the very last drumstick on the buffet. Oh well i says to myself. By my recollection that was one of the best drumsticks I've ever had golden crispy and tasty. That ol lady missed out on a good piece of chicken.
Lmao I bet that lady’s dead now
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:09 AM 04-21-2021
I feel ... Hungry.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up