ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which TWO Teams will play in the 2020 AFC Championship Game?
Chiefs 143 88.27%
Patriots 100 61.73%
Browns 23 14.20%
Colts 34 20.99%
Steelers 11 6.79%
Chargers 9 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who will play in the 2020 AFC Championship Game?
Pitt Gorilla 01:15 PM 05-22-2019
Please select TWO Teams. I included the six AFC teams with the current best odds to win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
NWTF 08:19 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Let's pretend it's Jeopardy. The answer is Ravens vs Broncos. Answer, who will play in the AFC Championship game. I thought it was ironic since Flacco started for the Ravens for 10-1/2 years and now is starting for another team. The Ravens have gone all in on their first round pick. If it doesn't work, Harbaugh will be gone after 12 years as the Ravens head coach.

You've got 16 teams with dozens of combinations. This option wasn't offered, but I felt it was relevant because the coach on one team is probably going to be fired and the other team has a veteran QB who probably has his last big chance to make it as a starter. There is a lot of motivation for these two teams. Seems like people in KC take it for granted they have one foot in the door. It's odd that KC hasn't even been in a Super Bowl in decades, the Ravens have won two since 2000 and the Broncos have won three since 1997. I'm no Broncos fan, but I'm a Ravens fan, if you couldn't tell, the Ravens color is Purple.
Wont happen

Ravens. Doubtful, but theres always a chance I suppose. No superpower in the AFC North. Id give the nod to Pitt overall but Id take the Ravens 2nd. Cleveland needs to win actual games. offseason champs means nothing. Cincy, meh. Ravens could easily be a playoff participant.

Now for the Broncos. :-)

Aint happening. There is a superpower in the West. Then you got a solid #2 in the Chargers. Then you got the sub .500 Raiders and finally we get to the Broncos. thanks for the laugh though.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:22 PM 05-22-2019
Chiefs and Pats, barring health issues.

They’re the most well coached teams with probably the best quarterbacks.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:24 PM 05-22-2019
We’ll see on the Browns. All the guys skipping OTAs already makes me question if Kitchens is going to be able to get the pulse of that locker room. If they don’t hit the ground running, the blame game will ensue in a hurry.

Plus, I think that offensive line is highly questionable. Never gets talked about though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 05-22-2019
The Browns are likely to win ten games. They almost did it last year. If Mayfield had started from Day One, who knows . . . Whether ten wins is enough to get into the playoffs and/or win their division, I don't know, but it's possible they come out of the AFC North as champions. Even if they do, I think they probably lose in the first round, due mostly to inexperience and a few injuries. The following season, assuming things shake out as predicted, look out; the Browns will be a serious contender in the AFC.

I think, based on what we saw last year, that we still own the Colts. Next year might be different.

The Steelers are definitely weaker than they were a couple years ago, and even if they win their division, it's going to be a long grind, especially on their D, and they go out early in the playoffs.

The Chargers, well, okay, Rivers is getting old. You can tell his arm isn't what it used to be. I think we top them again this year.

That leaves the Chiefs and the Patriots. Again. But this time I think we not only beat them, I think we hand them a beat down.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:50 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The Browns are likely to win ten games. They almost did it last year. If Mayfield had started from Day One, who knows . . . Whether ten wins is enough to get into the playoffs and/or win their division, I don't know, but it's possible they come out of the AFC North as champions. Even if they do, I think they probably lose in the first round, due mostly to inexperience and a few injuries. The following season, assuming things shake out as predicted, look out; the Browns will be a serious contender in the AFC.

I think, based on what we saw last year, that we still own the Colts. Next year might be different.

The Steelers are definitely weaker than they were a couple years ago, and even if they win their division, it's going to be a long grind, especially on their D, and they go out early in the playoffs.

The Chargers, well, okay, Rivers is getting old. You can tell his arm isn't what it used to be. I think we top them again this year.

That leaves the Chiefs and the Patriots. Again. But this time I think we not only beat them, I think we hand them a beat down.
I pretty much agree with all this.

I just hate that the Chiefs have a much hard schedule and division than the Pats because that gives the advantage to the Pats to play in Foxboro in the playoffs and we know how hard they are to beat there.

Browns and Colts will both win around 10 games this season but probably won't go far into the playoffs. They are both teams on the rise who will be real contenders probably as soon as the 2020 season rolls around.

The Chargers I expect pretty much the same thing as last year. 10-12 wins and can possibly win a game in the playoffs. As per usual, their fans think that their team has improved some more during the offseason but Rivers is getting older and their Oline is not good. I personnally don't see the Chargers playing a SB anytime soon.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 09:46 AM 05-23-2019
Who the fuck selected the Chargers?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:55 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by Jerok:
Brilliant take, considering I'm sure there's someone in the country convinced the browns are going 0-16. Really hot take.
Who the fuck are you?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 10:06 AM 05-23-2019
I went with Colts v Chiefs... I think the Colts are gonna be pretty good this year. Probably a little better than they were last year, but think the Chiefs... well yea you know!
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:06 AM 05-23-2019
Lol at all the Chiefs vs Pats predictions. Such a bold prediction! Who could have predicted that? Geniuses....

Browns got a great shot they are as talented and well balanced as Pats or Chiefs. I'll go with them as my underdog pick.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:08 AM 05-23-2019
I still don’t think the Browns are there yet. They hope to be the 2018 Colts and make the playoffs.

I really don’t see the Colts being there either. They are close, but I don’t think they are on the same level as the Chiefs or Patriots.

Playing the Patriots again will be very interesting. We have their DL coach who ran all of their excellent scheme stunts, twists, etc.

Mahomes also has a full year under his belt. What’s amazing is the Pats got him to struggle but he figured them out in the 2nd half of both games. Now that he’s smarter and has that experience on the field, I think he will be much harder to stop.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:13 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I still don’t think the Browns are there yet. They hope to be the 2018 Colts and make the playoffs.

I really don’t see the Colts being there either. They are close, but I don’t think they are on the same level as the Chiefs or Patriots.

Playing the Patriots again will be very interesting. We have their DL coach who ran all of their excellent scheme stunts, twists, etc.

Mahomes also has a full year under his belt. What’s amazing is the Pats got him to struggle but he figured them out in the 2nd half of both games. Now that he’s smarter and has that experience on the field, I think he will be much harder to stop.
Foxboro vs Arrowhead makes a big difference and chances are that it will be in Foxboro, if they are to playy the AFC Championship game again.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 11:07 AM 05-23-2019
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Lol at all the Chiefs vs Pats predictions. Such a bold prediction! Who could have predicted that? Geniuses....

Browns got a great shot they are as talented and well balanced as Pats or Chiefs. I'll go with them as my underdog pick.
So you'd rather have a "bold" prediction than an accurate one?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 01:22 PM 05-23-2019
I'd like to see Colts/Browns, but until I see evidence of the Pats' decline with my own two eyes, I'll have to go Pats/Browns.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:26 PM 05-23-2019
Chiefs/Browns is what I'd like to see with KC or Browns knocking out NE in the Divisional round.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:26 PM 05-23-2019
Pats vs. Chiefs. Part 2 payback a bitch and so is brady.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up