ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could the Chiefs and Redskins work a trade deal?
Chief Roundup 06:39 PM 05-20-2019
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...strike-a-deal/

You hate to hear about potentially significant injuries, especially this early in the process of the offseason.

The Washington Redskins began the first OTA practice of phase three of the offseason program on Monday. Not five plays into the practice session, linebacker Reuben Foster went down on the field in a heap with a non-contact leg injury. Foster required an air cast and a cart to leave the practice field. It’s not yet been confirmed whether the injury will be significant, but coach Gruden dubbed the injury “very concerning.”

The Redskins have spent a lot of time on Foster. They took a big risk claiming him off of waivers after the 49ers released him following multiple off-field incidents. They anxiously waited to find out whether the NFL would suspend him, which they chose not to. Now, they could potentially lose Foster for the season.

This injury does open up an opportunity for a trade that may have not been there before the injury. Now there is a possibility that the Redskins look outside their own roster to add another linebacker. The Chiefs in particular, have a linebacker the roster who is a better fit for the Redskins defensive scheme.

Reggie Ragland was traded from the Bills to the Chiefs under the guise that he was not a good fit for the Bills 4-3 defense. Just a year later the Chiefs have switched to a 4-3 defense. Ragland once again is unlikely to be a fit because of a change to a new scheme. The Redskins currently run a 3-4 base defense under DC Greg Manusky, so scheme fit wouldn’t be a problem in this move.

Additionally, Ragland has an allegiance that could make him extra appealing to the Redskins. The Redskins have six former Alabama Crimson Tide players on their defense including Foster, who was Ragland’s running mate in 2015 at Alabama. Ragland does offer a different skill set to Foster. He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker.

So who or what could Brett Veach potentially pry from the grasps of the Redskins in a trade involving Ragland? Obviously there could be some minimal draft compensation like a Day 3 pick, but the Chiefs are probably looking for some earlier return on investment.

There is no doubt in my mind that GM Bruce Allen could try to move cornerback Josh Norman after June 1, in order to clear $11.5 million in cap space
. Norman hasn’t been all the Redskins has hoped for when they signed him to a five-year $75 million dollar contract.

The Chiefs would be on the hook for two years and $24 million remaining on Norman’s contract. It’s a hefty chunk of change, but with the Chiefs currently in win now mode while Patrick Mahomes is still on his rookie deal, this is a contract that they could afford to take on during the next two seasons.

This type of player-for-player trade could potentially be a big win for both teams. Washington would shed a big contract of a CB who has underperformed since joining the team. They’d also get a player at a position of need. Kansas City would also add a player at a position of need, but they’d get rid of a player who no longer fits their defensive scheme.

Not sure that the Chiefs would have any real interest in Josh Norman. But damn if we could trade Reggie Ragland and a day 3 pick for Josh Norman it is hard not to say Hell Yes.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:53 PM 05-20-2019
Dumb thread
[Reply]
Hoover 07:57 PM 05-20-2019
We would.not be sending a high pick and a player for Norman as the Skins are looking to dump the salary.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:00 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...strike-a-deal/

Additionally, Ragland has an allegiance that could make him extra appealing to the Redskins. The Redskins have six former Alabama Crimson Tide players on their defense including Foster, who was Ragland’s running mate in 2015 at Alabama. Ragland does offer a different skill set to Foster. He’s not as speedy as Foster, but Ragland is a punishing two-down linebacker.

Why the fuck would that have anything to do with trading these guys?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:14 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
We would.not be sending a high pick and a player for Norman as the Skins are looking to dump the salary.
Who said anything about a high pick? 3rd day pick and Ragland for Norman seems like a pretty good deal for us.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:15 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Dumb thread
Why is that?
I guess you don't like discussing possibilities during the off season.
[Reply]
TEX 08:15 PM 05-20-2019
WHY would the Skins want anything to do with Ragland??? Everyone knows he's terrible.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 08:17 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by TEX:
WHY would the Skins want anything to do with Ragland??? Everyone knows he's terrible.
Did you even read the article? There are other Alabama players on the Redskins team already. So.. there is that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:18 PM 05-20-2019
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.
[Reply]
New World Order 08:20 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Ragland for Norman? You guys are ****ing batshit insane...
If they're looking to move him because of cap reasons then it wouldn't take much.
[Reply]
TEX 08:21 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Did you even read the article? There are other Alabama players on the Redskins team already. So.. there is that.
Yes. I read it. Still dont know why anyone would be interested in a guy who sucks as bad as Ragland, much less trade for him. He's the type that you sign after he gets cut.
[Reply]
SAUTO 08:49 PM 05-20-2019
Yes. I read it. Still dont know why anyone would be interested in a guy who sucks as bad as Ragland, much less trade for him. He's the type that you sign after he gets cut.
I'm assuming that trading norman helps with his cap numbers. That's the only thing that makes sense to me
[Reply]
Stryker 08:57 PM 05-20-2019
So this!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:59 PM 05-20-2019
Dude...Daniel Snyder backed the truck up for Alex Fucking Smith.

We can sell him Ragland, too...
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 09:05 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I enjoy trading with the Redskins. They're that girl that you can call up at the last minute and buy dinner at Chipotle, and she'll give you liberties afterward.
:-)
[Reply]
Flying High D 09:08 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Yeah, I think there will be a fairly high draft pick involved in that trade.. it won't be mano for mano.

Maybe Norman and a 2nd 1st for Ragland? :-)
FYP
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up