ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Bi-partisan calls for impeachment of trump
RodeoPants2 08:22 PM 05-18-2019
Republican Justin Amash has joined his democratic colleagues in calling for trump's impeachment, and calling out Barr's misleading summary.

The whole thread is worth reading.

Here are my principal conclusions:
1. Attorney General Barr has deliberately misrepresented Mueller’s report.
2. President Trump has engaged in impeachable conduct.
3. Partisanship has eroded our system of checks and balances.
4. Few members of Congress have read the report.

— Justin Amash (@justinamash) May 18, 2019

[Reply]
patteeu 04:27 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
There are multiple of instances of obstruction of justice that have been pointed out, the most obvious one when Trump directly asked McGahn to have Mueller dismissed. McGahn refused to cooperate and even threatened to resign. Maybe you think he should get away with a process crime like that since he's the president, I don't know. But hundreds of federal prosecutors signed a statement acknowledging that Trump's actions constituted obstruction of justice under normal circumstances. If an average person did what Trump did, they would have been prosecuted, everyone knows that.
If the average person does the same thing, the analysis would be different because they wouldn’t be President. The President has authorities and responsibilities that the average person doesn’t have.

As far as telling McGhan to have Rosenstein get rid of Mueller is concerned, that’s not obstruction if the President believes the firing would be for cause.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:54 AM 05-20-2019
There are multiple of instances of obstruction of justice that have been pointed out, the most obvious one when Trump directly asked McGahn to have Mueller dismissed. McGahn refused to cooperate and even threatened to resign. Maybe you think he should get away with a process crime like that since he's the president, I don't know. But hundreds of federal prosecutors signed a statement acknowledging that Trump's actions constituted obstruction of justice under normal circumstances. If an average person did what Trump did, they would have been prosecuted, everyone knows that.
So you are still clinging to the idea that the entire RUSSIA! hoax was some sort of "justice"?
[Reply]
Donger 07:10 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Following up
I do not agree that what Trump did (endeavoring to influence the investigation) meets that threshold.
[Reply]
scho63 07:49 AM 05-20-2019
It's a BIPARTISAN CALL as in singular.......but nice try with another stupid "I'm a bitter little bitch" thread.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:20 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
If not for DOJ policy.
Let's assume that's the case. Where does that DoJ policy come from and why does it exist?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 08:21 AM 05-20-2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 AM 05-20-2019
It's laughable to believe Trump should be impeached for telling McGahn to fire Mueller. Absolutely laughable. We now know Trump wasn't colluding with Russia, so in effect all he was doing was trying to stop the cloud hanging over his presidency created by FBI lies and media. He even stated this when he fired Mueller.

And an average person isn't the POTUS, that argument is as dumb as it gets. We could probably list out a number of reasons every POTUS in the last 40 years may have been in trouble for something had they been an average citizen.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:27 AM 05-20-2019
Rodeopanties was just triggered as fuck yesterday, wasn't he? :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yes, yes he was.. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:05 AM 05-20-2019
Last I read, which was this morning, Democrats are shelving impeachment. They know it will destroy them politically, even if they are anyway with some of their positions.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:35 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Bowser 09:36 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Last I read, which was this morning, Democrats are shelving impeachment. They know it will destroy them politically, even if they are anyway with some of their positions.
Of course they are, that's been kinda obvious since before the Mueller Dossier came out. But they're going to ride this obstruction crap like a rented mule all the way through to November 2020, though. Want to take a guess how THAT will work out for them in the long run?
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:37 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Have you read the report?
What report are you taking about?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:15 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Of course they are, that's been kinda obvious since before the Mueller Dossier came out. But they're going to ride this obstruction crap like a rented mule all the way through to November 2020, though. Want to take a guess how THAT will work out for them in the long run?
If they do, it would be in his second term, where they have less to lose as people tend to get tired of a party and the smell more favorable winds. Especially, if he gets us into a military situation with Iran without Congressional approval. Don knows that would not be popular right now.

Don't forget, Nixon was threatened with impeachment very soon after he won re-election in an electoral and popular vote landslide.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:56 AM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
If they do, it would be in his second term, where they have less to lose as people tend to get tired of a party and the smell more favorable winds. Especially, if he gets us into a military situation with Iran without Congressional approval. Don knows that would not be popular right now.

Don't forget, Nixon was threatened with impeachment very soon after he won re-election in an electoral and popular vote landslide.
If Trump is the leader he thinks he is, he should be able to bring the people along if military force becomes necessary.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 27
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up