ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tractor Question
Renegade 06:33 PM 05-07-2019
I know this will turn into a Chevy vs Ford type of debate.

I am looking for a compact tractor in the 25-30 HP range, 4wd. Things to get now are a loader and a mower (I am leaning towards a belly mower). Future implements to be added would be an auger and maybe a box blade. Ability to run a wood splitter would be an added bonus. I know the dealership plays a big part in the decision process. I am not a brand loyalty kind of guy

What brand does everyone use, and what features do you like about it?

I have looked at

John Deere (I love the drive on mower deck, and it clicks in place). I believe only Deere Parts work on a Deere, but unsure
Kubota
Kioti
Mahindra (this one is a little harder to find in SW MO)
Massey Ferguson
New Holland (probably rule this one out)
[Reply]
warrior 08:12 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO:
Bought a New Holland TC30 in 07 for my cabin workhorse. Have had zero troubles with it since. Swapped out the original battery.Otherwise, still works great.

The leader is probably the most important tool on the machine. Don't know how I lived without it.

Had a New Holland TC35 I bought new never had a problem with it-lost it in the Divorce BS
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:14 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
:-)

Bueh, you are going to murder someone if you drive a Hustler or Bad Boy. It used to take me 2 days to mow this farm as a kid, now it’s 3 hours max.

It’s similar to when I had to use a 4430 to pull a 16’ disc in 3rd gear. I took a full day to knock out 60 acres.
I have a 60" Bad Boy with a 17hp engine. It's a mowing sonnabitch, but doesn't do the greatest on slopes. My brother has one and put more aggressive tires on it and it changed the machine for him.

I'm going to have to start saving some coins and upgrade instead of fixing my old tractor all the time.
[Reply]
oldman 08:18 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by warrior:
Had a New Holland TC35 I bought new never had a problem with it-lost it in the Divorce BS
She took your tractor? Dude, that's cold.
[Reply]
warrior 08:24 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
She took your tractor? Dude, that's cold.

Yeah and got my horse's too- She got the mine I got the shaft story
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:27 AM 05-08-2019
I think I'd have sugared the fuel tank and foundered the horses.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:31 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Coyote:
I figured you would have an opinion to this thread question. I was out of my league but that didn’t stop me. Anyhow you guys planting yet?
The real farmer that works my dirt called and said he got the corn in 2 weeks ago, so I’m pretty pleased.
Eh, no hard feelings on my end. I don't know much about the homeowner class of tractors. I know years ago, they'd put Ford pickup parts on the tractors years ago, and where they are now is a long way from that.

We have some in. Probably 10%. It's my (very unfounded) belief that we get better corn on later planted stuff than rolling out there early. And the soil temperature is really pretty cold. Not prohibitively cold, but colder than normal. I was really regretting that decision when we got into some ground that was pretty dry, but now it's really wet, so I guess it works out.

We are rolling in a lot of corn this year, so I have a SHITLOAD to do, but it's looking up - unlike the price.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:34 AM 05-08-2019
:-)

Bueh, you are going to murder someone if you drive a Hustler or Bad Boy. It used to take me 2 days to mow this farm as a kid, now it’s 3 hours max.

It’s similar to when I had to use a 4430 to pull a 16’ disc in 3rd gear. I took a full day to knock out 60 acres.
LOL I started on something like this.

Are you in an area that just got hammered? A small town south of us got 8-10” in an evening. Drove through and there was a lot of washout on fresh planted corn.
Holy fuck. Where is that?
[Reply]
warrior 08:36 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Could never have hurt the horses
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:38 AM 05-08-2019
This. Hell, just loosening an injector line would be extremely gratifying.
[Reply]
Coyote 08:40 AM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Eh, no hard feelings on my end. I don't know much about the homeowner class of tractors. I know years ago, they'd put Ford pickup parts on the tractors years ago, and where they are now is a long way from that.

We have some in. Probably 10%. It's my (very unfounded) belief that we get better corn on later planted stuff than rolling out there early. And the soil temperature is really pretty cold. Not prohibitively cold, but colder than normal. I was really regretting that decision when we got into some ground that was pretty dry, but now it's really wet, so I guess it works out.

We are rolling in a lot of corn this year, so I have a SHITLOAD to do, but it's looking up - unlike the price.

Roger all. Thanks. At least it’s not a shit ton to do.
[Reply]
notorious 08:42 AM 05-08-2019
I have a 60" Bad Boy with a 17hp engine. It's a mowing sonnabitch, but doesn't do the greatest on slopes. My brother has one and put more aggressive tires on it and it changed the machine for him.

I'm going to have to start saving some coins and upgrade instead of fixing my old tractor all the time.
Price a new tractor sometime....hell, the old 4430 I use to mow ditches, move manure, and drag the driveway is still in the 20s used with a million hours.
[Reply]
notorious 08:43 AM 05-08-2019
LOL I started on something like this.

Holy ****. Where is that?
West of Fowler.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 AM 05-08-2019
West of Fowler.
Christ. That's close to home.
[Reply]
notorious 08:51 AM 05-08-2019
Christ. That's close to home.
We didn’t get one drop. A mile south got hail! Rabbits paw is firmly implanted in pocket.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:45 AM 05-08-2019
We didn’t get one drop. A mile south got hail! Rabbits paw is firmly implanted in pocket.
Right on. Wife was asking if she thought it would hail. I said absolutely not. Bought some hail coverage on the wheat, so there will be no hail here.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up