ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Best 'One Season Wonders'
Discuss Thrower 04:14 PM 05-06-2019
For a deeper field, I'll consider anything with fewer than 25 total episodes as 'one season'.

So what's the best y'all have watched? I'm putting forth HBO's "The Brink" and the cult favorite "Firefly" as two series which, were shortened, had enough resolution to consider them completed story arcs.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:58 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

Noticed UFO was on prime a couple days ago.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:08 PM 05-08-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
DOG BITES MAN

This show from 2006 was like the office, centered around a Spokane, WA news crew. The premise was they went into public and filmed around real people not knowing it was a comedy show.

Zach Galfinakis was one of the actors, was one of the very first things he did.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_Bites_Man#Episodes

Loved that show.
[Reply]
Nickhead 05-09-2019, 03:36 AM
This message has been deleted by Nickhead.
Nickhead 03:44 AM 05-09-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There you are. Have I ever asked what the 'local' take is on Chris Lilley?

Saw he has another series out, and everyone is bellyaching about his cultural appropriation again.
I enjoy his comedy, but after a bit, it becomes very repetitious. like watching a jeselnic special :-)

most i know, think so little of him that it's never ever been brought up. conversely, the aussie politician getting caught at a us strip bar...

pure gold :-)
[Reply]
Frosty 07:44 AM 05-09-2019
Another single season X-Files=lite show I liked back in the day was Eerie, Indiana. It only made it 19 episodes.

A show that I thought was entertaining and had promise but was dumped after a single season was Surface, about a boy who finds a baby sea monster of some sort and tries to raise it. Unfortunately, it ended on a cliff-hanger so I don't think there is much rewatchability except to frequently see Lake Bell in bikinis.

Edit: The kid's sister was pretty hot too.

[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:37 AM 05-09-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Noticed UFO was on prime a couple days ago.
Indeed! As are almost all of the Gerry Anderson series, for those who may be curious.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 01:11 PM 05-09-2019
I thought 'People of Earth' was great. It was only on for 2 seasons.

[Reply]
Simply Red 05-09-2019, 02:49 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red.
listopencil 03:53 PM 05-11-2019
I forgot about one that I should have mentioned. It was originally aired as two 8 episode seasons. All 16 episodes are available on Netlix. The show is Babylon Berlin. Really well done drama about pre-WW2 Germany.
[Reply]
Vegas_Dave 04:13 PM 05-11-2019
Jericho

This was a VERY well written & acted show. Solid story. Ended on a GREAT cliffhanger and then was cancelled (22 episodes)!

What's best though is that there was a massive Fan campaign for the show that actually got the network (CBS I believe) to do a 7 episode "season 2" that at least gave closure to the cliffhanger story line.

So TECHNICALLY it was 29 episodes over 2 seasons. But the show was legitimately cancelled after season 1 & 22 episodes which is why I feel it should qualify.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:16 AM 05-12-2019
Wayward Pines :-)
[Reply]
Al Bundy 12:28 AM 05-12-2019
Nightmare Cafe.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:23 PM 05-12-2019
I liked Nathan Fillion on Castle so when the Rookie came out, I watched every week. It was good to see the LA cops in a favorable role. I really like the show, there were 20 episodes but I was afraid that was going to be it, since they hadn't made any announcements yet. I just found out it was renewed, so it's not a one hit wonder. So if you like a cop show like the old ones with the uniforms and all, check it out. I only watch one show a season, and this has been mine.

[Reply]
Rausch 10:33 AM 05-14-2019
I absolutely loved the US version of Life On Mars...
[Reply]
Rausch 10:36 AM 05-14-2019
Reaper was better than expected. I think it was two seasons - I don't remember. But it was a good comedy series with 2 or 3 of the Kids In The Hall having guest roles...
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 11:30 PM 05-14-2019
Firefly. Best space western ever.
[Reply]
Cheater5 05:44 AM 05-15-2019
Back in 2004 there was a show called 'Touching Evil' on USA Network that was a US remake of a late 1990's UK show. It starred Jeffrey Donovan and Vera Farmiga, but quite a few recognizable character actors and even Bradley Cooper was in an episode or two.

Donovan plays a detective recovering from a gunshot wound to the head, and is assigned to the OSC - Organized and Serial Crime Unit in SFO. He's basically lost the capacity to relate normally and his affect is out of whack, but he has gained the ability to clearly see character flaws that others can't. I think it only lasted half a season (13 episodes) if I am not mistaken. Used a lot of NIN in their soundtracks. Not much on YouTube but Daily Motion and other sites have full episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchi...U.S._TV_series)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6rrkl3
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up