ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 33
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:22 PM 05-21-2019
Finally saw it today (Fuck this spring with a bulldozer).

Fucking amazing. Just Jesus fucking Christ amazing. There are some problems, but my Christ what they managed to pull off.

I kind of agree with Professor Hulk quibbles. Especially in contrast with NO MORE STAIRS Hulk.

I have no issue with Time travel paradoxes that were created. Not a single fuck was given.

FWIW, my WIFE of all people was like, "A little over the top with the woman power stuff?" I didn't care. I didn't even particularly notice.

As an aside though, this has retired a tremendous amount of star power, and frankly a ton of what draws me to the theater. I've said all along that Marvel has earned the rope to hang themselves with, but I don't see anyone except the GotG crew that really draws me in. We'll see, and I'll still watch, but damn Evans, RDJ, and Hemsworth were fucking good.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
How many times did you tear up/cry during the movie? Black Widow got me wet eyed but Iron Man had them falling.
It wasn't the events, it was the reactions. The worst was, "Damn you, nat." and "Your dad liked cheeseburgers." FUUUUUUCK that hit hard.

Originally Posted by JD10367:
In August of 2009 they bought Marvel for $4B... and some people wondered if that was too much.

Just the 22 main MCU films have grossed $20B worldwide.

If I had some Pym particles, I'd go back to the 80s and buy as much Disney stock as I could afford.
Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:17 AM 05-22-2019
Just to add to that last post, while Evans and RDJ are done, good chance Hemsworth is not.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:24 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:

I have underplayed on here how much I enjoyed the movie because....well at my age you aren't supposed to act like you are a kid at a movie theater...
One more week 'till round 2.

Marvel Comix and Godzilla movies where my whole childhood.

Both films look to have the ability to make you a kid again. A reviewer for Godzilla said "It was like 8 year old me snorted a mountain of coke and went to the toy store..."

What a great summer for flicks...:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:49 PM 05-23-2019
I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:13 AM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m sure this already has been posted but...

Go to Google and search for Thanos. And then click on the Infinity Gauntlet on the right.
Ha ha ha. That's pretty cool.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:48 AM 05-24-2019
happy cry

[Reply]
Mosbonian 04:05 PM 05-24-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Hell, go back to the early 2000's. I had to do some case studies on them in college and they were in real trouble. Real damned trouble.
That was because of the fallout between Disney and Pixar.....they were partners in several good animated features then had a falling out and Pixar split.

Then came the battle between Michael Eisner and Roy Disney that almost killed them.

Sad thing was....Michael Eisner probably saved Disney. From 1984 to 1997 he raised their revenues from $1.65B to $22B and took its market values from $2B to $67B.

But in the beginning of the 2000's saw the start of the fall....Their theme park attendance dipped post 9/11 and with a bad economy their TV holdings saw too much of a revenue drop.

But something else was a big factor in Disney's fall in that time period....first there was Frank Well's death in the helicopter crash in 1994. He was the President of Disney at the time.....after his death, Eisner would fire Jeffrey Katzenberg who was credited with the growth of Disney's animation boom during that time. Katzenberg then partnered with David Geffen and Steven Spielberg to create Dreamworks, which never really produced much of a threat to Disney.

But the big hit to Disney's bottom line was the lawsuit by Katzenberg whose contract was built by Frank Wells. Disney could have just settled it for $90MM but fought it and that move cost them $270MM, not counting the legal fees.

Add to that Eisner's hiring of Michael Ovitz to replace Katzenberg, which failed after about a year and a half. And that parting cost Disney $140MM.

Those are just the bigger issues that almost killed Disney.
[Reply]
notorious 12:20 PM 05-25-2019
Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.
[Reply]
notorious 12:27 PM 05-25-2019
I actually fist pumped when Cap picked up the hammer. Kick ass.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:45 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Damn near perfect movie.

When Hawkeye lost his family it hurt.
Same with his reaction to Black widow sacrificing herself.

Damn you Nat.

Fuck. That sticks with a guy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:59 PM 05-25-2019
I literally didn't care one bit when Black Widow died. Her and Hawkeye just take up valuable screen time.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:17 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
I actually fist pumped when Cap picked up the hammer. Kick ass.
I've seen it twice and the theater went nuts when that happened both times. What a scene.

That entire climactic battle was nothing more than a comic book brought to life. Just amazing.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:31 PM 05-25-2019
Saw Infinity War again and it makes for some interesting questions for Endgame.

Stormbreaker was probably the most powerful weapon in the galaxy in Infinity War. It seemingly overpowered all stones from the gauntlet and went into Thanos chest.

But yet in Endgame it seems ordinary against Thanos without any stones. Idk that didn’t jive with me. Thor should have easily beaten Thanos despite being fat.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:43 PM 05-25-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saw Infinity War again and it makes for some interesting questions for Endgame.

Stormbreaker was probably the most powerful weapon in the galaxy in Infinity War. It seemingly overpowered all stones from the gauntlet and went into Thanos chest.

But yet in Endgame it seems ordinary against Thanos without any stones. Idk that didn’t jive with me. Thor should have easily beaten Thanos despite being fat.
Stormbreaker AND Mjolnir against Thanos without the stones should have been quick work. I thought that at the time as well. I saw a quick line saying Thanos' blade was Asgardian in design, so maybe that balanced it out with Thor, who knows. But let's be honest - Thor with both hammers with Captain Marvel and Professor Hulk should have put Thanos down quickly without the gauntlet....

But yeah, it seemed they didn't want deus ex Stormbreaker in this movie.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:05 PM 05-25-2019
I'm pretty sure the Russos have said that Thanos was just taken off guard and still not taking any threat seriously (like he had been doing the whole movie). The infinity gauntlet with all six stones is easily the most powerful "weapon" we've seen in the MCU. Not even Stormbreaker could overpower it if used correctly.

My personal head canon is that fat, depressed Thor was a nerf but I'm not sure it's been confirmed by the Russo brothers.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 33
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up