ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Led Zeppelin
Boon 12:57 AM 12-08-2018
I like Led Zeppelin......that is all
[Reply]
threebag 07:18 PM 12-21-2018
Why does the guy that started a Led Zep thread have red Rep?
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:45 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

You must not anything about them. They grew up listening to rock music because of their parents. They are all very talented and young. It is great to know the next generation appreciates what came before them. Maybe instead of dismissing them as copycats, support them because they are now carrying the Rock and Roll torch. Their new stuff is very innovative and I am looking forward to seeing them live. Led Zeppelin's influence is still going strong and that is a testament to how great they truly are. BTW- since Zep "borrowed heavily" in their early days from Blues artist - it is kind of hypocritical to slam a new band that Loves Zeppelin and let that influence their music.

Give GVF a real listen without a critical ear to their influences- they rock.
You make a good point about Zep borrowing all kinds of stuff from other artists, which brings me to another thing...

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly motherfucker

Back in the 80s he used to call David Coverdale of Whitesnake "David Coverversion" because of his similarity to Plant... loves me some Zep, but Plant has always been a prick

He stole plenty of from other bands, most famously Stairway to Heaven
[Reply]
Boon 10:33 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Why does the guy that started a Led Zep thread have red Rep?
Because dane.
[Reply]
Nzoner 10:42 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You make a good point about Zep borrowing all kinds of stuff from other artists, which brings me to another thing...

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly mother****er

Back in the 80s he used to call David Coverdale of Whitesnake "David Coverversion" because of his similarity to Plant... loves me some Zep, but Plant has always been a prick

Possibly another interview but I didn't take that from this,yeah it's a little tongue n cheek but I personally saw no ill will.

[Reply]
Easy 6 11:09 PM 12-21-2018
Sweet short clip Nzoner, he was a bit more forgiving and complimentary than what I recall reading there... its nice to see him valuing a torch bearer

Whatever his feelings are, bet you I'll be seeing GVF in concert this summer
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:37 PM 12-21-2018
Kennedy center honors Led Zepplin

https://youtu.be/L3hvvqzna6E
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:47 PM 12-22-2018
Just a bunch of Greta Van Fleet wannabes.

Have you heard Train cover Led Zeppelin II in its entirety?!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:23 PM 12-22-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I don't think they even have levee's in england
Shocker, it's an old (American) blues song, Memphis Minnie, iirc, that Zep, ahem, "appropriated."
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:12 AM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
I always thought it was weird that one of their best songs was never on an album

Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves. Listened to every one of his albums so many times. Here’s another of my faves. Heard is named to sound like a Jamaican says Jamaica.

[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:26 PM 12-23-2018
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves. Listened to every one of his albums so many times. Here’s another of my faves. Heard is named to sound like a Jamaican says Jamaica......
RIP Cl Sr.
[Reply]
eDave 03:11 AM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Shocker, it's an old (American) blues song, Memphis Minnie, iirc, that Zep, ahem, "appropriated."
BFD. Seriously.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:32 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Just a couple months ago I read an interview with Plant where he pretty well dismissed GVF as copycat phonies, it really left me with a bad impression of him... but then again Plant has always been a prickly mother****er

The GVF kids love Zeppelin, they have played their songs and acknowledge they are a Huge influence on their music. Their guitarist states Jimmy Page was the model for his own style. I don't think they are trying to hide it or ride the coattails of Zep-like a band called Kingdom Come- who purposely put music out that copycatted LZ at a time when rumors were flying around about a reunion. Jason Bonham has made a career on Zep as well.

To me, it is not the same. They are not directly stealing Zep riffs ( as Zep did when they started) and only on Safari Song- does his wail at the start- really sound just like Plant. Others songs I think he sounds pretty distinctive.

GVF has a monster sound on drums- but come on, there was only 1 John Bonham. Nobody will ever steal his thunder. Plant as well- he is the Original Rock God and he should be flattered his influence is keeping the torch of rock alive.

The hate on Social Media is kind of ridiculous- Zep has been gone a long time and they don't own a patent on rock and roll. Plant would be wise to give these kids (and that is what they are) his blessing, to keep being creative and take music Rock/ Blues into a new direction.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 12-24-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The GVF kids love Zeppelin, they have played their songs and acknowledge they are a Huge influence on their music. Their guitarist states Jimmy Page was the model for his own style. I don't think they are trying to hide it or ride the coattails of Zep-like a band called Kingdom Come- who purposely put music out that copycatted LZ at a time when rumors were flying around about a reunion. Jason Bonham has made a career on Zep as well.

To me, it is not the same. They are not directly stealing Zep riffs ( as Zep did when they started) and only on Safari Song- does his wail at the start- really sound just like Plant. Others songs I think he sounds pretty distinctive.

GVF has a monster sound on drums- but come on, there was only 1 John Bonham. Nobody will ever steal his thunder. Plant as well- he is the Original Rock God and he should be flattered his influence is keeping the torch of rock alive.

The hate on Social Media is kind of ridiculous- Zep has been gone a long time and they don't own a patent on rock and roll. Plant would be wise to give these kids (and that is what they are) his blessing, to keep being creative and take music Rock/ Blues into a new direction.
I agree with every bit of this, GVF arent stealing anything... its just a strange confluence of events that the Zep loving brothers found a singer who just happens to sound a lot like Plant

They're awesome in my book

The similarities are organic, not premeditated... I'll be going to great lengths to see GVF this summer, cant wait
[Reply]
Boon 09:35 PM 12-27-2018
Originally Posted by idrapethat:
I always thought it was weird that one of their best songs was never on an album

Agree. Great song.
Wish there was vault of unheard of stuff but Page always states that is all out there.
Great band and great songs.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:43 AM 12-28-2018
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Def top 5 and close to number 1 for me. Rocked this one so many times throughout my life. My dad (who just passed Tuesday, RIP) is who got me into rock music, and Zep was one of his faves.
Sorry for your loss
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up