ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Media Center>Black Mirror?
Discuss Thrower 12:06 PM 01-12-2018
I haven't watched all of the episodes, but from what I have seen it's been great.

Watched White Christmas last night... and it's a doozy, but I highly recommend people give it a shot and since Black Mirror is an anthology series, you don't have to watch the previous season (though I think there are very minor background linkages among the episodes as things progress.) For the episode itself, you're in for a treat if you're a fan of a certain series lead from a certain period drama from AMC.

I skipped around San Junipero from Season 3 after seeing Redditors rave about the episode and because of Mackenzie Davis. Great concept for a story and definitely worth viewing.

I talked about USS Callister from Season 4 in the Star Trek thread and again I say that it's worth a watch. I was sold once I saw Cristin Milioti and Jimmi Simpson in the cast.. but Jesse Plemons fucking knocked the episode out of the park.

Hang the DJ... oh man. Maybe it's because of my age and the thematic matter of the episode, but fuck that's a definite must recommend from my end.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:18 PM 01-12-2018
Great show overall. It can be a bit too topical at times which wont age well, and maybe a bit too deep in the social justice weeds, but I like the overwhelming creativity. This season wasnt bad, and I think Metalhead is the most underrated episode of the bunch.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 12:25 PM 01-12-2018
its a fun ride, some eps great, others bad, but overall worth your time
[Reply]
Fish 12:43 PM 01-12-2018
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
vailpass 02:16 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Watched the very first episode, National Anthem, and thought it was the stupidest thing I'd seen in a long while. The entire premise was just so ridiculous and unbelievable, I didn't want to continue with the rest of the episodes. Painfully stupid and disgusting.

Synopsis, if you haven't seen it and don't care about spoilers:

Spoiler!
I saw NewChief put this series on his watch list so I too watched this episode. My reaction was the EXACT same as yours.
I mean WTF?
Maybe I’ll watch a different ep to see if this one was an outlier.
[Reply]
AssEaterChief 02:26 PM 01-12-2018
One of my favorite shows. Every episode is a different story so I wouldn't get discouraged by the 1st show.

My favorites are:

Shut up and Dance
Playtest
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
Black Museum
Men Against Fire

San Junipero is very thought provoking too even though I had to watch it 3 or 4 times to really appreciate it.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:26 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by AssEaterChief:
One of my favorite shows. Every episode is a different story so I wouldn't get discouraged by the 1st show.

My favorites are:

Shut up and Dance
Playtest
White Christmas
Hang the DJ
Black Museum
Men Against Fire

San Junipero is very thought provoking too even though I had to watch it 3 or 4 times to really appreciate it.
Great list. Check these episodes out, Fish.
[Reply]
Fish 11:42 PM 01-12-2018
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Great list. Check these episodes out, Fish.
All right, I'll give it a chance. Thank you guys for the explanation. I didn't necessarily realize that each episode was a completely individual universe/plot. That changes everything.... I'll try again..
[Reply]
NewChief 06:22 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
I saw NewChief put this series on his watch list so I too watched this episode. My reaction was the EXACT same as yours.
I mean WTF?
Maybe I’ll watch a different ep to see if this one was an outlier.
:-)

A few posts later I also recommended that people NOT start with that episode. It’s the consensus among fans of the show to recommend newbies start somewhere other than S1E1. It’s a shame that they don’t just reorder the show because a lot of people really dislike the first episode.
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 07:50 AM 01-13-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:

A few posts later I also recommended that people NOT start with that episode. It’s the consensus among fans of the show to recommend newbies start somewhere other than S1E1. It’s a shame that they don’t just reorder the show because a lot of people really dislike the first episode.
Agree. I started a couple of weeks ago with Metalhead, then started watching them in order. However, I enjoyed National Anthem. Not from a perverse manner, but from a perspective of how truly warped this series is. The next two episodes of season one confirmed this program is a mind job.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:20 AM 01-13-2018

I actually liked that ep. Then again I'm kind of a twisted fuck.

I thought the "Dog" episode was probably the weakest but the one set in the desert museum was probably the best. It had that Twilight Zone/Amazing Stories feel to it.

I think it's probably the most consistently good series in the "Twilight Zone" genre of storytelling...
[Reply]
vailpass 09:17 PM 01-13-2018

God damnit I didn’t read that far! I tend to like a lot of what you recommend so I tried it. Guess I’ll give it another go with a different episode. It’s not that I have a problem with the pig fucking premise per se,found it amusing,but the story just didn’t click for me.
BTW I still can’t understand a word they say in Peaky Blinders:-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:39 PM 01-13-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
MTG#10 05:51 PM 01-14-2018
I can't believe so many people hate the first episode, I thought it was hilarious
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:10 PM 01-14-2018
I liked the bees episode
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up