ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2298 of 4805
« First < 1298179821982248228822942295229622972298 229923002301230223082348239827983298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:45 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Do you think Eli is a HOF qb?
I don’t know, the case can be made. It's going to be hard to keep out a lot of QBs from the last 20 years, quite honestly - it's all so stats driven.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:15 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don’t know, the case can be made. It's going to be hard to keep out a lot of QBs from the last 20 years, quite honestly - it's all so stats driven.
If that's the case...Charles should be a 1st ballot. It's NAME driven....
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:44 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
If that's the case...Charles should be a 1st ballot. It's NAME driven....
Trust me, I didn't say that as if it was a great thing... this last 20 years is going to put a lot of WRs and QBs in there that had great numbers, but were just good players. But, they pass that good ol' longevity test that many ding Davis for, so what can you do?
[Reply]
TEX 02:58 PM 05-22-2019
Trust me, I didn't say that as if it was a great thing... this last 20 years is going to put a lot of WRs and QBs in there that had great numbers, but were just good players. But, they pass that good ol' longevity test that many ding Davis for, so what can you do?

Speaking of which, does Andre Johnson get in?
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:23 PM 05-22-2019
It seems to me that the obvious solution to that is that you're comparing the players only to their peers. If their numbers are high compared to guys 20 years ago, but average compared to guys they played against, then they're not legitimate Hall of Famers. The rule changes are going to up the requirements significantly for the offensive skill position players.

Compared to players in the 20s, Matt Cassel is a Hall of Famer. But compared to his peers, not so much.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:55 AM 05-29-2019
Chris Harris got a raise, but not an extension. The Donks bumped him up from $8.9 million to $12 million for this year and he's still a free agent at the end of the season. That seems like an odd move. He's a good corner. Why not extend him?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:24 AM 05-29-2019
He's about done. Probably the last quality year for he and Von was last year and the team was a shit show. They actually got WORSE this off season :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:48 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
He's about done. Probably the last quality year for he and Von was last year and the team was a shit show. They actually got WORSE this off season :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Oh come on, don't you feel awed and sense the presence of great winning when you gaze upon the awesome visage of a coach like Vic Fangio???

Those guys are just getting warmed up! Yep, it's time for a second wind (pfffffffft.. pfft) for ol' Von and Harris!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:51 AM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
No way, I read on the mange that their rebuild is almost complete and they’re about to knock us out of the division lead. I tried to tell em that they’re in purgatory because Failway can’t pick a decent qb. They insist Lockweiler is the answer. Must be because they’ve had a whole lotta fail since Manning rode off into the sunset.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:27 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
No way, I read on the mange that their rebuild is almost complete and they’re about to knock us out of the division lead. I tried to tell em that they’re in purgatory because Failway can’t pick a decent qb. They insist Lockweiler is the answer. Must be because they’ve had a whole lotta fail since Manning rode off into the sunset.
I'm not sure I buy the Osweiller/Lock comparisons. Lock actually has an arm.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:45 PM 05-29-2019
Drafting Lock put the Donkos behind the curve, IMO. He's isn't a very accurate QB but his arm strength is what got him drafted.

History says your accuracy isn't going to suddenly improve against stiffer competition. I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Horseface passed on him twice...took a late 2nd round flyer on him. While he might be applauded for getting good value...all it did was add a few more years to their purgatory.

They likely arent going to draft a QB next year because of Lock....and there are better options in 2020. They are stuck in 6-10 to 8-8 range with Flacco. That will put them out of range for a top QB unless they go all in.

Maybe they ride Lock next year (2020) and tank for Trevor Lawrence...that would be their best option with Mahomes in the division. They are going to have be the worst team in football to get a shot at him...nobody is trading out of #1 that year.
[Reply]
BossChief 05:40 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Lock reminds me of Cutler a lot more than Osweiler.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:01 PM 05-29-2019
It's just because it's plain to see that Lock is going to be a turd bust like Brock was. Shit coaching when he was a kid probably doomed him. Or the fact that he played for a turd program may have fucked him over. Or maybe it's because he got drafted into an abortion factory. Whatever it was he's going to suck hard in the NFL.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:24 PM 05-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
So osweilers best collegiate season he had more passing yards than lock in his best season. Although Lock has almost double the td’s his best season. But it’s hard to argue arm strength currently. In my mind Failway hasn’t shown me the ability to find and draft and talent. So until proven otherwise, Lock is Lockweiler to me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:41 AM 06-05-2019
With the Chief's new defensive staff focusing on shutting down our porous running lanes from last year, it is going to be harder for the Donks to keep up this year. They won't be able to count on huge running plays to keep their offense out on the field like they did last year. It is all going to be on Flacco's shoulders to go head to head with the NFL MVP and beat him twice in shootouts.

I think the worst news for teams in the AFC West this offseason- was the complete rebuild of the Chief's defense.
[Reply]
Page 2298 of 4805
« First < 1298179821982248228822942295229622972298 229923002301230223082348239827983298 > Last »
Up