ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Tractor Question
Renegade 06:33 PM 05-07-2019
I know this will turn into a Chevy vs Ford type of debate.

I am looking for a compact tractor in the 25-30 HP range, 4wd. Things to get now are a loader and a mower (I am leaning towards a belly mower). Future implements to be added would be an auger and maybe a box blade. Ability to run a wood splitter would be an added bonus. I know the dealership plays a big part in the decision process. I am not a brand loyalty kind of guy

What brand does everyone use, and what features do you like about it?

I have looked at

John Deere (I love the drive on mower deck, and it clicks in place). I believe only Deere Parts work on a Deere, but unsure
Kubota
Kioti
Mahindra (this one is a little harder to find in SW MO)
Massey Ferguson
New Holland (probably rule this one out)
[Reply]
tooge 08:41 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
I have a M5400 Kubota. It’s a tank. I bought it used 8 years ago and it’s the only piece of equipment that never gives me trouble. Bought it at Ozark Power in spfld and hauled it up north.
I’ve owned both Deere’s and IH and used many other brands and for my money Kubota’s are nearly bullit proof.
This is very true. I've got a Kubota F2000 front mower and that thing is a freaking tank. I just mow with it, but I mow 6 acres, and with the 72" deck, it knocks it out in about 3 hours tops. It's a 4wd diesel, and simply never gives me any trouble, even at 35 years old
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Buehler-dad planted a lot of acres with that 7100 he had.

Hell, I planted a lot of acres with that 7100. I once planted a half section of milo (with terraces - LONG before GPS) with it. It was horrible. But I joke with Dad that it was a short walk back to the pickup at night. :-)

Originally Posted by Renegade:
Just pulled the trigger on the MF GC 1715. I wasn't wanting a subcompact, but that was what I kept coming back to. I had it down to the MF and JD. The dealership (and no sales tax) is what made me pull the trigger. The compact was bigger than I needed for the space that I have. I also wanted the mower deck, as I didn't want another piece of machinery. So if it takes me longer to mow, so be it. More time on a tractor can't be that bad.

I got the loader with quick attach, 60" mower deck, and box blade for a shade under
$16K with only 3 hours on the tractor.

Thanks for your help during the process.
Nice. There isn't any Massey dealers around here so I know nothing about them. I want to say Agco bought them?

Should be a good rig for you. Did you get a cab?
[Reply]
Renegade 09:10 AM 05-21-2019
Sorry Buehler, I ignored your sound advice and went cab less.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Sorry Buehler, I ignored your sound advice and went cab less.
LOL

Hey man, you gotta write the check. No skin off my back. Unless you want me to drive it LOL.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 03:10 PM 05-21-2019
It isn't really an option where I am at, since I don't think there is a Massey dealer, but are those still made in the US? Even the smaller ones?
[Reply]
Renegade 05:47 PM 05-21-2019
Made in Japan. MF did buy Hesston hay equipment. That is still made in Hesston KS
[Reply]
ChiefGator 05-21-2019, 06:10 PM
This message has been deleted by ChiefGator. Reason: Wrong
Hoopsdoc 08:35 AM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
I’m currently considering a 22HP Mahindra, brand new, comes with front loader and grader blade for 16,000. They’re offering 0 percent interest for 84 months with 3,400 down.

I think I’m gonna buy it.
I ended up buying a 1946 Ford 2N for 1000 dollars. Rebuilt motor, new plugs, new points, 12 volt conversion. It’s nowhere near that fancy new Mahindra I was looking at but its solid, reliable and mine. Mine being the most important part.

All I really needed was something to grade my driveway with and it came with a grader blade.

Flame away. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefGator 08:58 AM 05-22-2019
I ended up buying a 1946 Ford 2N for 1000 dollars. Rebuilt motor, new plugs, new points, 12 volt conversion. It’s nowhere near that fancy new Mahindra I was looking at but its solid, reliable and mine. Mine being the most important part.

All I really needed was something to grade my driveway with and it came with a grader blade.

Nice buy! I think my next tractor will be used as well... Nice having one new one though.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:00 AM 05-22-2019

Dude. FUCKING EVERYBODY is looking for one of those. Every fucking body.

Keep some plugs, points, and a cap in inventory.

Also, see if you can find some tractor forums. Some of those old models don't like gas with ethanol in it. Maybe hard on the carb. I don't know what's what or what treatments to use. But look into it.
[Reply]
notorious 01:18 PM 05-22-2019
Time to start a tractor pic thread?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:22 PM 05-22-2019

My dad used old tractors for EVER. They were relatively easy to maintain because they were relatively simple. NOTHING wrong with that.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 01:28 PM 05-22-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Dude. ****ING EVERYBODY is looking for one of those. Every ****ing body.

Keep some plugs, points, and a cap in inventory.

Also, see if you can find some tractor forums. Some of those old models don't like gas with ethanol in it. Maybe hard on the carb. I don't know what's what or what treatments to use. But look into it.
Thanks. I got lucky as heck. Guy I bought it from got it from an old farmer who was gonna restore it, got the motor rebuilt and then passed away. He got it at the estate auction. Had it for about 3 months and advertised it on our local online classifieds. I happened to notice it 10 minutes after he posted it.

Guy told me he had 30 inquiries in the first 2 days.

I was at his house looking at it 2 hours after he listed it.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefGator 01:40 PM 05-22-2019
Thanks. I got lucky as heck. Guy I bought it from got it from an old farmer who was gonna restore it, got the motor rebuilt and then passed away. He got it at the estate auction. Had it for about 3 months and advertised it on our local online classifieds. I happened to notice it 10 minutes after he posted it.

Guy told me he had 30 inquiries in the first 2 days.

I was at his house looking at it 2 hours after he listed it.

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. :-)
And fast man! Way to jump on it quick!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up