According to Robert Blair Kaiser’s book RFK Must Die
the guest list included director Roman Polanski
whose movie Rosemary’s Baby
was selling a lot of tickets
and his wife Sharon Tate
Other guests were future head of Disney Pictures Frank Wells
and his wife Luanne, plus actress Anjanette Comer, nightclub owner
Brian Morris, set designer Richard Sylbert, and a woman named
Sarah Hudson, who apparently was dating Sylbert at the time.
[Reply]
Predarat 10:29 AM 07-22-2019
Damn getting stoked about this, looking forward to it. Now im doing a Mini Tarantino Marathon. Was really hoping for a 70mm showings or a 70mm Roadshow, this setting would be perfect for it. Also if not 70mm what did QT do with all those projectors he refurbished for the Hateful Eight roadshow?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:48 AM 07-23-2019
One of Kennedy's body guards was former football player and 'fearsome foursome' member of the Rams Rosey Grier, in the photo top left.

I can remember the day RFK died, because that was the day I graduated from St. Petersburg High School, June 6, 1968.

The summer of 1969 I worked the grill at Billy's Famous Subs, my cousin, on the boardwalk in Ocean City Maryland. Located on the Atlantic shore. 150 miles from Baltimore. For four months I had no TV, this is before cable, one radio station. I never even heard of Woodstock until the movie came out a year later. I did go see Gone with the Wind, it was playing continuously at the only local theater. At that time, only a 1,000 people lived all year in Ocean City, but on the 4th of July it was 200,000. Today they'll have up to 350,000 in OC in the summer.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:18 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Dinner at the Frankenheimers
One account has John & Evans Frankenheimer planning an early dinner
and invited some guests over
and his wife Sharon Tate
In other words, RFK ate his last meal with two of the victims of the alleged Manson family, the director of Rosemary's Baby - a movie about Satanic ritual - and another director who made the Manchurian Candidate - a movie about mind contro and assassinating the President - basically a movie based on the assassination of JFK, two years before JFK was assassinated. This was his company in the final hours of his life before he was killed, reputedly by a victim of mind control, someone who had been a part of MKUltra. Sharon Tate's father, incidentally, was a Colonel in Army Intelligence from 1946 to 1969...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:18 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
The Dinner at the Frankenheimers
One account has John & Evans Frankenheimer planning an early dinner
and invited some guests over
and his wife Sharon Tate
In other words, RFK ate his last meal with two of the victims of the alleged Manson family, the director of Rosemary's Baby - a movie about Satanic ritual - and another director who made the Manchurian Candidate - a movie about mind contro and assassinating the President - basically a movie based on the assassination of JFK, two years before JFK was assassinated. This was his company in the final hours of his life before he was killed, reputedly by a victim of mind control, someone who had been a part of MKUltra. Sharon Tate's father, incidentally, was a Colonel in Army Intelligence from 1946 to 1969...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:07 PM 07-24-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Scored tickets to a screener on Wednesday night.

Bart Scott, Can't Wait.
Fun movie. Most of you guys will appreciate it.

Some of you won't.

Looking forward to coming back to this thread after some of you have seen it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:03 PM 07-24-2019

Some of you won't.

I had tickets to the first show in the area tomorrow but now life has gotten in the way and I’ll have to see it on Friday. :-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:31 AM 07-25-2019

Some of you won't.

How would you rank it compared to QTs other movies?
[Reply]
Frazod 12:43 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:

[Reply]
Frazod 01:39 PM 07-25-2019
I'm not going to see it until a week from Saturday.

I do have one question for OTWP - you can answer in spoiler tags, PM, rep comment, whatever:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 03:52 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm not going to see it until a week from Saturday.

I do have one question for OTWP - you can answer in spoiler tags, PM, rep comment, whatever:

Spoiler!
Sent you the answer in rep.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:00 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
How would you rank it compared to QTs other movies?
Wow...tough question because I don't want to spoil anything or give people any ideas before going to see it.

I'll say different.

It's more personal and heartfelt than anything he's ever done, IMO. With that said, there are still plenty of easter eggs, excellent cameos and typical QT obsessions that are everywhere in the film.

If you're a huge QT fan, I think you'll LOVE this movie.

I wasn't alive during this time period, but I really FELT like I was in 1969 LA.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:47 PM 07-25-2019
Wow...tough question because I don't want to spoil anything or give people any ideas before going to see it.

I'll say different.

It's more personal and heartfelt than anything he's ever done, IMO. With that said, there are still plenty of easter eggs, excellent cameos and typical QT obsessions that are everywhere in the film.

I wasn't alive during this time period, but I really FELT like I was in 1969 LA.
I’m a huge QT fan, so I’m sure I’ll like it

I think my fave movies of his are Inglorious Basterds, Jackie Brown and Kill Bill.

But really I like them all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:58 PM 07-25-2019

I'll say different.

Saw some interviews with him where he talked about the movie being a love letter to his home town.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:30 PM 07-25-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Saw some interviews with him where he talked about the movie being a love letter to his home town.
Definitely plays that way.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 22
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up