ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
htismaqe 05:53 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If teams are so concerned about his past, why the fuck does he get so many interviews? Why interview a particular coach at all if you're just going to tell him to get fucked because of the shady shit that you already knew about? It's not the Rooney Rule, either. There are plenty of black coaches getting interviews out there.

Is he a bad interview? I doubt it. Reid gets his guys hired, and it hasn't been an issue in the past for teams if they didn't know or understand what an OC actually does for Andy Reid.

Beyond that, none of you know the role he plays within the offense. All you can do is speculate. Just like all you can do is speculate about why Bieniemy hasn't gotten hired yet. Maybe it's all the things I listed above. Maybe it's because he's black.

Or maaaaaaaybe.... get this, guys.... maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe it's because if teams want to hire Bieniemy, they have to wait until the Chiefs are out of the playoffs, and for the past two seasons the Chiefs have played all the way through the conference championship weekend. There's a chance they have to wait up to 4 more weeks to bring in Bieniemy if he really is the guy.

Do you think maybe, just maybe THAT'S the reason why he gets passed over for jobs?
Dude, he satisfies the Rooney Rule. That's a big part of why he's getting interviews, like it or not.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:37 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude, he satisfies the Rooney Rule. That's a big part of why he's getting interviews, like it or not.

Again. If I’m an owner/GM and I’m concerned about his past, why waste my time? There are plenty of black coaches to bring in to satisfy the rule
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:41 PM 01-11-2021
Again. If I’m an owner/GM and I’m concerned about his past, why waste my time? There are plenty of black coaches to bring in to satisfy the rule
Because, as we've seen with the Texans, there will be attacks on teams that do not interview Bieniemy.

I actually feel a bit sorry for EB because if he's hired, he'd better turnaround a team quickly and win quickly but if not, he'll never sniff another HC opportunity because he has the weight of the NFL media behind him.
[Reply]
kevrunner 07:44 PM 01-11-2021
It’s a compensatory 3rd pick, which really is an early 4th rounder since these picks are after the 3rd round is finished.
[Reply]
Coogs 07:56 PM 01-11-2021
EB is the hot name. Interviews for 5 of the 6 teams right out of the gates. 5 of the 6 teams have the Rooney Rule box checked, with the hot name of the year. Regardless of how many other black coaches are out there. Interview some black DB coach out of who knows where and don't give him a job as your HC, and it reeks of "the Rooney Rule". This way, not so much.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:05 PM 01-11-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
EB is the hot name. Interviews for 5 of the 6 teams right out of the gates. 5 of the 6 teams have the Rooney Rule box checked, with the hot name of the year. Regardless of how many other black coaches are out there. Interview some black DB coach out of who knows where and don't give him a job as your HC, and it reeks of "the Rooney Rule". This way, not so much.

Then somebody needs to step in and stop this shit.

Because all it’s doing is giving us a distracted coaching assistant in the middle of the playoffs. Every fucking year.
[Reply]
J Diddy 10:08 PM 01-11-2021
Perhaps we deal and trad the picks we'd get for someone else picking him as the head coach.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:48 AM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
A big thing that a lot of people are failing to mention when they bring up Nagy and Pederson getting HC positions, but EB getting skipped over, is the fact that Nagy and Pederson were both given play calling duties. Both those coaches and Andy Reid have admitted that they called numerous plays for a half or an entire game. Bieniemy has never been the play caller for us.

I'm sure that's a pretty big negative mark in the eyes of these GMs/Owners.
No not really, only if you are wanting the HC to be involved calling plays.

Think about this, How many former DC/HC hires call offensive plays ? Or ST coaches calling either offense or defense?

It's why they hire coordinators to work both sides!

A HC should be a leader of men with an overall general knowledge of football, mainly situational situations. He must be able to make good situational reactions based on the circumstances.

It's not just based on being able to call plays.
[Reply]
kevrunner 12:49 PM 01-12-2021
The Texans have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Think about this, How many former DC/HC hires call offensive plays ? Or ST coaches calling either offense or defense?
Actually there's more than a few HC's that call their own defense or offense now. It's becoming very commonplace.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
The Texans have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their head-coaching vacancy.
Trying to save face. :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:01 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Why in the world would he say yes to this interview. Although I hope he does. We know he won't get it and they'll be in even hotter water with Watson if they interview him only to go with their patriots stooge.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:05 PM 01-12-2021
This is hilarious. So Houston isn't even allowed to interview bieniemy. They missed their window apparently. Can't interview him until the Chiefs are done with their season. Nice work, Easterby.
[Reply]
kevrunner 01:07 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Why in the world would he say yes to this interview. Although I hope he does. We know he won't get it and they'll be in even hotter water with Watson if they interview him only to go with their patriots stooge.
Maybe the Texans have come to their senses, I doubt it, but I can’t believe they would rather hire Jim Caldwell then take a chance on EB.

A buzz is building in league circles that Caldwell could be the next coach in Houston
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:09 PM 01-12-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They may go ahead and hire him just to placate Watson. Terrible reason to hire a coach but whatever gets us those extra 3rds.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 72
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up